Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Internal news
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The most successful MMA Facebook post to date

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The most successful MMA Facebook post to date
    Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 7:52am
It might not seem something worth writing about, but with the way Facebook limits the amount of exposure a page can get unless you're willing to pay for it means that on average an MMA Facebook post reaches under 100 people.

We're had a few more successful posts of course, especially since review sharing on the page went manual, but last week we unexpectedly had one post that went beyond all previous records and expectations.

A post that reached not a few hundred people (which is a good day, any other time), but reached over 7000!

And all because the artist shared it. That's the difference a bit of return support makes for a site like MMA. So if you're in a band or represent one, please consider that when someone reviews your release, especially if its positive (we get it if someone serves you a scathing write-up of course). It's a two-way street. 

This was a step in the right direction. To those reviewers who are already here please consider writing reviews for as many new release (2016-2017) albums as you can. That's where the return promotion will come from. Things like this are exactly what MMA needs to get our name out there more. We need more people on this site rating and reviewing albums, participating on this forum and putting their names forward to become collabs. If we keep getting our name out there like this, things will eventually happen. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 10:23am
^If possible reviewers could make an attempt to contact the artists or their labels/management, and make them aware that a review has been posted. As Adam writes...it´s a two-way street. We do them a favor and they return it by sharing the review which will ultimately make MMA more known on the internet.

In a perfect World, I would spend time doing the above, but I´m afraid time isn´t something I have a lot of those days, but I hope some of the other reviewers on MMA, will take the time to do it. I´m sure it´ll pay off.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 10:51am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^If possible reviewers could make an attempt to contact the artists or their labels/management, and make them aware that a review has been posted. 

I can do this on Facebook so long as an official page exists, which it's rare for there not be one these days. It's always frustrating though when the artist doesn't acknowledge it or simply clicks the Like button and does nothing else. 

Starting trying out a new sharing format with my latest review that I'll continue to use which links the record label's FB page in as well, where available. Double chance of a share that way. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 11:06am
I've noticed that it's most common that lesser known bands share reviews, and I've gotten a handful of shares of my reviews. The problem is, that even if a review gets over 200 Facebook likes, it hasn't seemed to result in getting any new members. I'm not sure why, and I don't know what we could do to give people an extra incentive to sign up.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 11:45am
That's true because lesser known acts need the exposure more. It's actually pretty much pointless my linking in a group like Iron Maiden when a new a review is posted, because they neither need it and are big enough to have someone run their social media for them. Lesser known people do it themselves. 

Here's the thing though, as far as Facebook is concerned there's actually a difference between sharing a review link directly and sharing the actual post we put up: Brothers of Metal shared our actual post. Most just take the link and post their own post for it, which is still good but it doesn't net us as much traffic to the Facebook page where others posts can be seen and it doesn't net us more likes that will be people who will see future posts. It's a small but key difference. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 1:17pm
Yeah, I noticed their share yesterday. Pretty awesome! And they even stayed with their gimmick while mentioning me, lol!

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 2:08pm
This is great news!

I agree, it's the newer album reviews that are going to be of most interest to an artist and that's one of the reasons why I rarely do reviews on older albums. As I don't have time to review every album I hear I focus on the current year.

Perhaps we should consider making future Reviewer's Challenges focus on current year albums, especially ones with no reviews? 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Perhaps we should consider making future Reviewer's Challenges focus on current year albums, especially ones with no reviews? 

I have been considering this or close to it for the upcoming one actually.

Picking something unreviewed is a good idea, or we could also recommend albums we've reviewed ourselves that no one else seems to be giving the time of day. 
GG2U

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

I have been considering this or close to it for the upcoming one actually.

Picking something unreviewed is a good idea, or we could also recommend albums we've reviewed ourselves that no one else seems to be giving the time of day. 

I like both these suggestions. I agree that new reviews will get MMA more relevant into the here and now but damn i just keep discovering so much awesome music from the past and am literally unwilling to focus exclusively on current metal releases since i find very little actually new and exciting. Having said that i will try to focus on a few more newer releases that i have. Just got Kreator, Testament and Ayreon recently for starts.
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 11:28am
That's why I think the magazine should go back up. An online (or printed) magazine would do very well to earn us exposure if we shine a light on up and coming bands. Or at least I think so.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic