MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I have to apologize to Seven Kingdoms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have to apologize to Seven Kingdoms
    Posted: 28 May 2017 at 1:14pm
I've stated several times here on MMA that I saw Seven Kingdoms open for Blind Guardian back in 2010, and that Sabrina sounded horrible that night, wasn't on pitch the whole night... heck, couldn't find the pitch. So it made me wonder if they just hired her for her looks.

While it is true she was off-key that night, she can indeed sing. I saw Seven Kingdoms again last night (27 May 2017) opening for Evergrey. They were great, and Sabrina did a very good job and sounded just fine. 

Now I gotta wonder what happened that night opening for Blind Guardian? It was late November, so maybe a cold, during cold season? Maybe her in-ear monitors didn't work? Something had to have been going on that night.

But for the record, she's got a pretty good voice, live.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 2:55pm
Support bands often get shafted technically and sound-wise by the headliners' crew. It's not the band themselves, but their roadies showing a bit of loyalty. After all, it wouldn't pay for the bosses to be blown away by a younger, leaner rival.Wink

It's also not always an easy thing to change an opinion or admit you were wrong about something too, so good on ya for saying so.Clap
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 4:45am
I guess every vocalist has an off day every so often as well.
Warthur View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 8:31am
Maybe she had an off-day in 2010, maybe 7 additional years of work has upped her game and given her more confidence in a live context, maybe (as Vim suggested) Evergrey's engineers were more co-operative than Blind Guardian's, maybe Seven Kingdoms as a band got better at planning things out with the headliners' engineers (or they got a different manager or different engineers of their own).

Could be anything, that's what's both wonderful and frustrating about live shows - any little thing can either throw everything off or make it all come together perfectly.

Either way, glad to hear you had a good time.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 10:36am
Being a musician myself, there's so many factors why you can have a bad night and not just technical reasons. I did a gig last month where I felt like i was wading through mud and everything was a major effort and all for no apparent reason. Stuff that I'd normally consider easy were suddenly hard work. The most annoying thing was i couldn't put my finger on a reason why, if you could you could sort it!
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Being a musician myself, there's so many factors why you can have a bad night and not just technical reasons. I did a gig last month where I felt like i was wading through mud and everything was a major effort and all for no apparent reason. Stuff that I'd normally consider easy were suddenly hard work. The most annoying thing was i couldn't put my finger on a reason why, if you could you could sort it!

Blaming things on Mercury retrograde has become quite fashionable. Nobody really checks the horoscopes so i would wholeheartedly advise it as the all-encompassing pass for fucking up in ANY situation ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic