Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car crash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car crash
    Posted: 27 May 2017 at 4:30am
Hey.

I was in a bad crash last night. Long story short, an old man went through a stop sign and I hit him doing 100km/h (60 mp/h in old money). Ended up in hospital for the night, but me and my partner have both been discharged with a few bumps and bruises. The old man walked away from the crash in a similar state, but his wife had to be cut from the car, and I don't know what state she's in.

Our car is totalled, but in saying that, it did it's job. We were in a high speed crash, and we both walked away alive and unbroken. The most painful thing from the accident was being hit in the face by the airbag. It felt like I was punched in the mouth, and tasted blood for a few hours after. But the airbags, along with the seatbelts saved our lives. I suppose that's the purpose of telling you all this. Those things work, so use them!

There were a couple of funny things. After the car spun from the accident, we went backwards through a farm fence. The car ended up live from an electric fence, and we both got shocks while trying to get out of the wreckage! We had our two little dogs with us, both of whom survived just fine too. One of them also got a shock from the fence, and ran away into the farmer's paddock.LOL One of the cops on the scene also got a shock too. The windscreen wipers were stuck going, which just seemed weird. We went back to the car today to get our stuff out, and the electrics all still go, despite the front of the car being caved in. The CD player still played, but unfortunately won't eject, so I've probably lost Fang Bang by Wednesday 13.Embarrassed

Hospital acute admissions on a Friday night is a strange place to be. There was an odd assortment of drunks, asthmatic children (it's winter here), and a lot of strange people doing various silly things to themselves. The old man in the cubicle next to me kept farting.LOL

Anyway, all is reasonably well. I feel like I've been in an intense moshpit, minus the sweat and deafness. My neck and other muscles are sore, but we are alive, and just like living through a major earthquake, this is one of those once in a lifetime experiences (hopefully only once...Shocked) which you would never wish go through, but once you have, life seems to feel different. It seems to give a new perspective on things. It's not quite like feeling invincible, because we know we came perilously close to being killed. I don't really know how to describe it. I could have died, but instead I'm still here, and I'm listening to this, for no reason other than I can.Cool

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:00am
Whoah! Glad you made it out relatively unscathed. These are the kinds of incidents that remind us how quickly our lives can end at any given moment but the universe has decided it wants to to stick around and listen to more metal apparently!!!!! The things i see on the roads on a daily basis is the stuff nightmares are made of. Hope someone's insurance covers the loss of your vehicle but for the time being you just have to be thankful that you dodged a serious bullet. Welcome back to life!
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 6:59am
Yeah, thank goodness you're all okay. You'll get over a bit of whiplash and a smashed up car. As Mike said, you really did all dodge a bullet there.
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:06am
I'm glad you made it, man. Generally, old people are very dangerous drivers...
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:23am
Was that comment for Patrick or the other guy? 😂
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:29am
Glad to hear everyone is okay Patrick. That old guy will probably lose his licence and just as well by the sound of it.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:39am
Glad you're all doing okay Patrick. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 10:36am
Wow, I'm glad you're all doing okay. I was in a very small crash several years ago but not bad enough for the airbags to activate, so I can only imagine how an extreme crash would feel.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:25am
Most I've ever been in was someone hitting the back of us when I was a kid, fortunately at slow speed so no one was hurt. Even though it must have been over twenty years ago I still remember what happened: it was on a roundabout and my Dad was driving. He was about to pull out when a car suddenly shot out at speed from another direction, forcing him to break in a hurry, so the car behind us that was already moving up went straight into our rear end. 

I've had a couple of near misses since I started driving, neither of which was my fault, and always on roundabouts. I bloody hate those things because no one seems to pay attention to what lane they're supposed to be in. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
mlkpad14 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlkpad14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:04pm
I'm glad you are ok. Rough.
https://gamecrazyprofessional.weebly.com/
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Most I've ever been in was someone hitting the back of us when I was a kid, fortunately at slow speed so no one was hurt. Even though it must have been over twenty years ago I still remember what happened: it was on a roundabout and my Dad was driving. He was about to pull out when a car suddenly shot out at speed from another direction, forcing him to break in a hurry, so the car behind us that was already moving up went straight into our rear end. 

I've had a couple of near misses since I started driving, neither of which was my fault, and always on roundabouts. I bloody hate those things because no one seems to pay attention to what lane they're supposed to be in. 

Thanks for exporting those roundabout things. They are popping up here in the US at an astonish frequency and like you said, no one knows how to friggin drive on them. It's made all the worse that everyone is crazy on the road in California already. Ugh. I've dodged several bullets myself. I was a passenger in a car accident 10 years ago and now i'm scared to death not to be in control of a vehicle myself especially when there's irratic driving skills aggressively implemented. 
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:35pm
Thanks for the kind wishes everyone. I'm really sore today, and not particularly mobile, and still wondering how we survived the crash, let alone getting out unbroken. Our car was one of these except with a spoiler on the back and a bit darker green.

Thanks old girl, you saved our lives.
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 4:46am
Glad you all got out okay!
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 12:15pm
That's rough Patrick, glad you're okay!

I've never been in a serious crash myself but my Dad's had the misfortunate to have been in two, both of which he walked out of with only minor injuries, thankfully. Both happened since mobile phones really took off and both times the other driver was on their phone at the time...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic