MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daniel House most underrated bass player

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daniel House most underrated bass player
    Posted: 23 May 2017 at 3:57pm

To me while I now listen to Skin Yard, House strikes me as one of the best bass plyers of the 80s, bass lines very melodic, groovy, complex and compelling. Very in front of the mix and with  thought behind his bass playing. More people should pay attention to Daniel House bass lines, with Skin Yard, with their mix of funk, rock, psychedelia, fusion end metal makes them the most eclectic and progressive grunge band. 

Edited by Balthamel - 23 May 2017 at 3:58pm
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 4:23pm
Wow, I'm surprised there's some Skin Yard appreciation coming from someone other than me! Clap

Yeah, he's a really great bass player, most likely underrated due to Skin Yard themselves being very underrated. Daniel House himself has actually uploaded some of Skin Yard's official videos on youtube, this being one of my favorites:

If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:20pm
Just posted the Skin Yard review! Not sure i'd rate him as one of the best bass players of the 80s. How do you rate such things? Great album though :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image