Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chris Cornell dead

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chris Cornell dead
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 4:58am
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 5:05am
I'm speechless.

R.I.P.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 5:54am
Originally posted by 666sharon666 666sharon666 wrote:

I'm speechless.

R.I.P.

Ditto Cry
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:45am
R.I.P.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:20am
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 9:39am
A great singer, that is sad news. Unhappy
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 9:56am
What the hell?, that came totally out of the blue. I read yesterday they were working on a new album. Sad news indeed Ouch
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:19am
I can't believe that one of my favorite vocalists and one of the greatest vocalists in rock and metal has died. I've grown up listening to Soundgarden, and have fond memories of listening to them in Road Rash. Chris Cornell's raw screaming power and haunting melodies are an incredible influence on my own singing style, and is a large part of what made Soundgarden one of the best metal bands of the late 80's and early 90's with the albums Louder Than Love and BadMotorFinger.

R.I.P. to one of the greatest vocalists to have ever lived.

If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 12:30pm
Some sources are now reporting that it was suicide. I'm not sure how reliable they are.

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Some sources are now reporting that it was suicide. I'm not sure how reliable they are.

MSN is now reporting that authorities are ruling it a suicide.

I didn't read the article (yet) so not sure how accurate that statement is...
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 6:50pm
Megadeth pays tribute to Chris Cornell with a cover of Outshined: http://loudwire.com/megadeth-perform-outshined-tokyo-tribute-chris-cornell/

Clap
mlkpad14 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlkpad14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:01pm
RIP. I don't know how to react. This is a really big loss.
https://gamecrazyprofessional.weebly.com/
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Jbird Jbird wrote:

Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

MSN is now reporting that authorities are ruling it a suicide.

I didn't read the article (yet) so not sure how accurate that statement is...

His wife is saying it may have been the drug Ativan that caused it: http://loudwire.com/chris-cornell-widow-ativan-may-have-contributed-to-death/
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:53pm
^ many of those drugs have side effects that are worse than the problem they are supposed to be curing. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he is yet one more victim of prescription drug abuse. I guess he is now a 90s legend with Kurt Cobain and Lane Staley. Dammit
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 10:59pm
^Ain't that the truth, but there's too much money being made off of people's suffering with harmful prescription drugs for it to be stopped. It's just tragic. Cry
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

^ many of those drugs have side effects that are worse than the problem they are supposed to be curing. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he is yet one more victim of prescription drug abuse. I guess he is now a 90s legend with Kurt Cobain and Lane Staley. Dammit

Add Weiland to that equation, and that leaves only Eddie Vedder of the big singers from that generation...a bit scary ain´t it.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 6:08am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

^Ain't that the truth, but there's too much money being made off of people's suffering with harmful prescription drugs for it to be stopped. It's just tragic. Cry

The world is fraught with landmines. We must navigate through it wisely. I refuse to take ANY prescription drugs. It's our own resonsibility to avoid these kinds of things. But still sad despite it all. Musicians generally aren't trained in understanding pharmacology
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 6:20am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Add Weiland to that equation, and that leaves only Eddie Vedder of the big singers from that generation...a bit scary ain´t it.

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

And then there's this:

Breaking: Rolling Stones Guitarist Keith Richards Found Still Alive

Lemmy is dead. Bowie is dead. Alan Rickman is dead. Keith Richards is still alive.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 12:54pm
This news realiy shocked, i really adored this Chris Cornell, he was aspiring song writer with a good pen and strong riff maker

RIP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic