MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toehider (Progressive Metal/MR/Non)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toehider (Progressive Metal/MR/Non)
    Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 12:53pm
I'm wondering if Toehider has a place here? This is the band of Michael Mills, who has sang on the last two Ayreon albums. RYM has their first album down with a prog metal primary and the second with it as a secondary. There are a lot of EP's with a wide assorted of genre tags on them as well, most of the ones that have tags would be non-metal here, but Do You Believe In Monsters? (2010) is also tagged as prog metal.

EM hasn't added them but that shouldn't stop us right? ;)

Debate.

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/toehider
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Admin - H&C, Sludge, Metalcore, AG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 1:06pm
Not around to check them out but it sounds like a fairly comfortable add (depending on number of votes (i.e. More than one or two)). If your comfortable Ashley, go for it.
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 1:35pm
Don't know them either yet but I've been listening to the new Ayreon release that Mills sings on a lot this weekend and took a look at their RYM page and decided to put the name forward.

I can probably do the addition if someone is able to confirm they're OK and for which releases. They have a lot of EP's to go through, not all of which have tags. The first album seems their safest bet for inclusion though. There are six votes each for prog metal and prog rock, with hard rock as secondary.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic