0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [25.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Classic Death Metal Debut
    Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 12:54am
First it was to Kill 'em All, now it is to Scream Bloody Gore. Vote your favorite classic death metal debut, and again, if I left out your favorite feel free to list it. My favorite is Acrostichon's Engraved in Black, but I left that out as it's more obscure. I'll have to think about this, as there's many great albums here.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 4:24am
I have to go with Deicide on this one. But with honorable mentions to Dismember and Malevolent Creation. All three of them artists who never topped their debut album IMO.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 7:12am
Only heard two so I can't really vote. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 8:10am
Nocturnus.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:40am
It's got to be Gorefest for me, now that's an album that grooves! 
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 6:35pm
Altars of Madness, although it was close with Slowly We Rot and Deicide.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 7:49pm
ATHEIST!!!!! Some good contenders though
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 9:05am
Went with Nocturnus. I've only heard a handful though.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 3:10pm
I'd have to say Morbid Angel. I remember seeing a video for Immortal Rites on think it was Headbangers Ball back in 89 and was blown away. Went straight out and bought the album.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

I'd have to say Morbid Angel. I remember seeing a video for Immortal Rites on think it was Headbangers Ball back in 89 and was blown away. Went straight out and bought the album.

I heard a song from it (can't remember which one) on the student radio metal show, on one of the very few occasions I ever heard it, and though "fuck me, that is insanely heavy!" Also went straight out and bought it. In hindsight, it doesn't seem so heavy now. I heard Bolt Thrower on the NEXT edition of that show, which was even heavier...
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 1:41am

Yeah I remember seing that video on Headbangers Ball too.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 6:03am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

I heard a song from it (can't remember which one) on the student radio metal show, on one of the very few occasions I ever heard it, and though "fuck me, that is insanely heavy!" Also went straight out and bought it. In hindsight, it doesn't seem so heavy now. I heard Bolt Thrower on the NEXT edition of that show, which was even heavier...

Yep that Bolt Thrower debut is great too. I don't actually own that and noticed it has been recently re-released on vinyl so I'm going to pick up a copy.
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 7:23am
ALL ABOARD THE ATHEIST TRAIN WOOT WOOT
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:16am

Yep that Bolt Thrower debut is great too. I don't actually own that and noticed it has been recently re-released on vinyl so I'm going to pick up a copy.

I never really enjoyed the Bolt Thrower debut much, and often forget they released it, and consider Realm of Chaos their debut. A bit like I always forget about the first three Pantera albums Tongue.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:25am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I never really enjoyed the Bolt Thrower debut much, and often forget they released it, and consider Realm of Chaos their debut. A bit like I always forget about the first three Pantera albums Tongue.

You're lucky that you can forget about Metal Magic, that awful cover art is always lurking in my brain. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic