Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Internal news
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Year, New Admins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Year, New Admins
    Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 5:26pm
Greetings everyone and allow me to wish you a happy New Year from all of us here at Metal Music Archives! 2016 saw us expanding the site in new and exciting ways which I'm sure will continue into 2017. I'd like to personally thank all our collaborators, reviewers and members for their part in moving us forward towards our goal of becoming the best resource for metal and related genres on the internet. Everything from as little as a rating helps us to achieve that. 

It is with some regret however that we start 2017 with the announcement that two veterans of the MMA admin team, Steve (Colt) and Jonas (UMUR) have chosen this time to step down from their roles due to decreasing time to work on the site. Please show your appreciation for their service over the years. It doesn't end here of course as both will be remaining on the active collaborator lists as part of the Errors & Omissions team, helping out as and when they can, while you can still expect to read regular reviews from Jonas. 

Having previously lost a couple of admins prior to this the time is right to bring in some new blood so I'm also pleased to announce that Nicole (666sharon666), Patrick (Vim Fuego) and Paul (Nightfly) have all agreed to make the step up to the admin team. We've confident that they'll all do a great job. Here is a little about them and their relationship with metal, in their own words:

NicoleIt will sound very cliché to say but I always like to think that I was raised on heavy rock and metal music from a young age. That was what my Dad was into so I had an upbringing that included many records round the house ranging from the early classics like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Budgie to NWoBHM giants like Iron Maiden and Saxon to the Big Four of thrash metal. In time, especially when the internet become part of everyday life, I was finding out about much more extreme bands and genres like black metal and death metal and suddenly it was me introducing my Dad to new stuff. My Dad and I still regularly talk new discoveries with each other. Some of my favourite bands include but certainly aren't limited to Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Blind Guardian, Immortal, Nile, Hail Spirit Noir, and Falconer. I like a little of everything from all styles of metal but currently am mostly listening to power metal, black metal and as part of my roles here on Metal Music Archives, hard rock. I used to admin on the metal forum Heavy Metal Haven until its closure in 2015.

PatrickI've been a metal fan since the 80s, and have tried most things metallic, but prefer thrash, death, grind and a bit of glam. I've been writing about metal for a number of years, and have interviewed a number of bands. I work on a dairy farm in New Zealand, and have found out the hard way that cows do not like death metal.

PaulMy love of music goes back to the 70’s when I discovered in my early teens that there was life beyond the force fed chart fodder of the singles charts that the radio stations threw at you all day long. I tended to gravitate towards the heavier stuff like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath and a bit later Rush and Judas Priest. In parallel to this I was also listening to a lot of prog like Yes and Jethro Tull.  A part of me has always enjoyed more extreme forms of music enjoying the speed and aggression of early punk though this lacked the great musicianship I appreciate. This was more fulfilled in the 80’s by NWOBHM bands like Iron Maiden and especially by the thrash metal movement with Slayer, early Metallica, Exodus, Celtic Frost and Voivod being favourites. This later led me to early death metal bands like Morbid Angel and Entombed. To be honest though, back then, as now, I found much to enjoy in most sub-genres of metal including glam and might be going to see Ratt one week and Slayer the next!

The early 90’s were not a great time musically for me, though there was some great death metal bands, with grunge breaking through though a few bands like Soundgarden and Alice In Chains were still heavy enough for my tastes. I was probably listening to more prog in this period and Dream Theater fulfilled my love of both genres. Nu metal was something else that left me cold but since then I have continued to listen and buy from many genres including death, thrash, doom, black (something I only really got into in the last 5 years amazingly), USPM and of course trad metal, hard rock and prog. With such a wide listening cross section picking favourite bands is not easy but the band I’ve listened to and enjoyed the most in the current century is Opeth.

Throughout all this time I have played drums with numerous bands myself including two that are listed here on MMA. Fast Kutz and Black Rose, both back in the 80’s. Fast Kutz reformed in 2013 and we headlined the Saturday night of the UK Brofest Festival  in 2014. Recently I have rejoined Black Rose and looking forward to getting out playing with them and recording a new album in 2017.

Be on the look out for the upcoming feature of the MMA Collaborator's Best of Year 2016, voting for which is currently underway. 

Take care everyone and stay metal!
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 5:54pm
Welcome to the new admins! Hug

So sorry to see the old ones go but with limited time myself, i totally get it.

Steve you have been scarce here since i've been on board but Jonas, man! Please don't go away! MMA is imprinted in my mind with you here Big smile

Cheers, everyone! Happy New Year!!!!

new year EDDIE

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 6:22pm
Welcome to the new admins, and it's sad to see Steve and Jonas go. I'm glad they're still planning on helping out when they can though. Clap

Happy New Year to all, and let 2017 have plenty of great metal!
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 4:47am
Happy New Year everyone and thanks for the welcome to the Admins guy's. Sorry to see Steve and Jonas stepping back a bit but look forward to still seeing you around here.

Happy to be working with the knowledgeable admin team we have here.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 1:41am
Oh and something else I didn't mention in the New Year message: there's a new forum section dedicated to the site's Metal Related sub-genres now. 

Use it for anything hard rock, hardcore, MR, proto, etc. Thumbs Up
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic