Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Herbrand Larsen Leaves Enslaved

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Herbrand Larsen Leaves Enslaved
    Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 6:30am
Keyboardist/vocalist Herbrand Larsen is leaving Enslaved. His clean vocals in particular were an integral element of the bands sound. His leaving will surely change the dynamics of the band and not an easy guy to replace with one member.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 9:36am
To my ears his clean vocals were one of the weak links of Enslaved´s music, so I have no problem with him leaving. Not that his vocals are terrible, they are just not that remarkable considering the excellence of the rest of the music around them. If they will add a new clean vocalist to the ranks (they will need a keyboard player, that´s for sure), I hope they find a vocalist with a more distinct sounding voice, who can bring something new and different to their sound. Their last two albums are some of the greatest in their disco IMO, but they are a bit too much alike in sound, so I wouldn´t mind a new direction.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 3:39pm
^ I kind of think of Enslaved being to black metal what Opeth were to death metal (before they ditched most of their metal) with the prog elements that both bands have. Larsen, for me anyway, was not as good as Mikael Akerfeldt but he made some big improvements over the last few albums. I'm very curious where they'll go next - perhaps no clean vocals at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic