Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [60.00%]
2 [40.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deftones vs Incubus
    Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 11:04am
Two hard hitting alternative metal bands with foot both in hip hop influence and experimentation, with a clare and steady development. Both bands have devoted fans which also can create a deivde between the fans of either bands. Fans of Deftones might not get Incubus and fans of Incubus might not get Deftones. 

so which do you feel the most the Tones of Def or the cubus of In

Edited by Balthamel - 20 Dec 2016 at 11:13am
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 11:09am
And if I enjoy them both equally?
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 11:13am
then you are in an internal conflict which only Deadpool can solve Ying Yang
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 11:14am
I love Incubus, they went from a top-notch funk metal band to a top-notch heavy/alternative rock band. Morning View and A Crow Left of the Murder are among my all-time favorite albums.

Never liked Deftones though, apart from some of Diamond Eyes and the song Passenger (Only really because of Maynard James Keenan though). I guess Shove It is okay too.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 4:01pm
this thread and sudden interest in Deftones and Incubus is based on their awesome power, creativity and evolution through time. some inspiration came from this article were an elder fan describes hes reaction and sudden reflection on time and space, and music taste which changes due to things that changes during time, and which also effecs ones perseption

aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 1:19pm
Incubus waaaaaay over Deftones. Make Yourself and Morning View beat out almost all of DT's albums, although I wouldn't say no to a bit of White Pony on occasion. 
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 2:12pm
There was actually an early death metal band called Incubus, who gained a bit of underground notoriety, but never quite made it. Exhorder actually included them in their "Fuck You" list on one of their albums (the "fuck yous" used to come after the "thank yous" in the liner notes).

The death metal band had the name first, but had to change because of this ^ Incubus. I know this adds little to the discussion, but it's all I know about Incubus.Wink

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/artist/incubus-la/
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 2:12am
Deftones by far
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic