Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Copenhell 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copenhell 2017
    Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 2:27am
Tickets for the 2017 Copenhell festival went on sale today. I purchased tickets right away Tongue:

For now the announced artists are:

System of a Down
Airbourne
Overkill
Candlemass
Invocator

That´s already 5 artists I´m planning on seing, which will make the ticket Price of around $200 more than worth it. It´s a three day festival for that Money.

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 7:28am
A great start to the line-up.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 10:52am
Already has a great lineup, I wish I'd get lineups like that around where I am. Tongue
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 11:59am
There are ususally around 40 artists playing during the festival, so still many names to come...

I can´t wait to catch Overkill. I´ve somehow managed to miss them every time they´ve come to Denmark.

^Regarding the lineups on American festivals, I´ve seen quite a few "metal" festival posters and Commercials on Blabbermouth throughout the years, and those lineups really don´t look very appealing. At least not to an old fart like me. Way too many emo and core oriented artists. I guess that type of music is really popular over there?

Edited by UMUR - 22 Oct 2016 at 12:02pm
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 12:18pm
^Yeah, Metalcore and it's various forms are really big over here. Not that there aren't some great metalcore bands, but the ones that I like are generally the more hardcore oriented ones. The festivals here are usually just full of the melodic metalcore bands. More of a variety of metal certainly seems more popular in Europe.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 3:55pm
Yeah it´s not that I can´t enjoy metalcore, but the more melodic emo type bands are really not appealing to me at all.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 8:49am
Hell yeah. Carcass was announced not long ago.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 9:17am
The final lineup is ready: https://www.copenhell.dk/

Damn it looks fine this year. Slayer and Psychotic Waltz!!! Two of my favorites on the same festival bill. I can´t complain this year. I think it´s a damn fine lineup....
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 1:47pm
^Not to mention Overkill, Ministry, Candlemass and Myrkur. Wish I could go. Ouch
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:46pm
Only a few days left before I leave for the festival. I can already taste the Cold beer and see the most pits before my eyes...Clap Hell yeaahh....
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 4:04am
Came home late last night. I´m spend today after three days of partying and seeing a lot of great music.

I saw:
Devildriver
In Flames
Carcass
Invocator
Saxon
System of a Down
Ministry
Baroness
Psychotic Waltz
Airborne
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Alter Bridge
Black Star Riders
Hatesphere
Lost Society
Huldre
Europe
Overkill
Rob Zombie
Opeth
Slayer
Red Warszawa

Edited by UMUR - 25 Jun 2017 at 4:37am
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 6:20am
Some great bands there Jonas, what we're the highlights for you?

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 11:39am
SLAYEERRRRRRRR......, but that´s nothing unusual, as I´m a major Slayer fanboy. This one was one of the best Slayer shows I´ve seen though, so it was a real blast.

System of a Down
Carcass
Overkill
I didn´t see much of Baroness (only three songs), before I had to leave to the concert to see Psychotic Waltz on one of the other stages, but Baroness sounded really interesting too. Psychotic Waltz was a slight disappointment. Not much show, and Buddy´s voice broke several times during the show. Other than that it was great to see them Again...it´s been 20 years since I saw them last.

...ahh and I forgot Ministry. That was a great show too.

I missed two bands entirely which I would have liked to have seen, but other Things were playing simoultaniously so I had to chose: Candlemass and The Black Dahlia Murder. I´ve seen the latter a couple of times, but never the former, so that was a bit of a bummer Ouch, but otherwise a great festival overall (as always Tongue).

Edited by UMUR - 25 Jun 2017 at 11:43am
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 3:55pm
Slayer would have been essential for me too. Along with Opeth, Carcass, Overkill, Dillinger Escape Plan and Baroness.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic