MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extreme Noise Terror Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extreme Noise Terror Appreciation Thread
    Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 1:59am
Now, I have to be honest and say I can't stand Extreme, so instead of jumping into that thread and killing the buzz, I thought I'd start a different one!LOL

I think Extreme Noise Terror is often sadly overlooked by many grind fans. So, yeah...

Love this one. The Chaos UK tracks are pretty damn good too.

As with most Peel Sessions, this is quite excellent:

This album is somewhat different from the early grind/crust stuff. The band had moved toward a more death metal sound. In a strange twist, Barney Greenway from Napalm Death does vocals on this, and  had been kicked out of Napalm Death and replaced by er... one of ENT's vocalists (can't remember which one.Embarrassed) The title track is called Damage 381 because it was the fastest song the band had ever recorded, at 381 beats per minute.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 2:04am
^It was Phil Vane. I´ve just done reviews of Diatribes and "Inside the Torn Apart" by Napalm Death and did some research before writing those. So it was Phil Vane that Barney switched Places with in ENT.

Personally ENT is one of those grindcore acts I´ve listened to very Little, but I´m planning to make amends at some point.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 6:54am
Spookily, I was listening to this yesterday evening - 

EXTREME NOISE TERROR - Retro-Bution cover

I've never got around to picking up any others, which is a shame. Never took the time to research which to get next. 
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 10:15am
Listening to Damage 381 now, damn good stuff. This is the kind of Grindcore I like most, the more old school death metal-infused stuff.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image