MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Death Metal Kill Zone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 35>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 8:22pm
Here's one for early Incantation fans, going along a not to dissimilar path as Portal. Only an EP, 15mins solid most of the way through.

Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 11:56pm
Oh yeah that one certainly has that muddy oddball Portal vibe.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 4:58am
I'm pretty hooked on the debut release from MaYaN recently.

Edited by adg211288 - 09 Jun 2011 at 4:58am
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 4:08pm
^Sounds pretty cool

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 12:44pm
The MaYaN album is still in heavy rotation over here, but here's a few more Death Metal albums that I've been really digging lately. I highly recommend all of these (and if anyone knows anything along these lines they'd think I'd like, please do share).

GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 1:24pm
Oh man those Nocturnus albums are just classics. Love themClap
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 1:52pm
Just reviewed this one:

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/maniacal-miscreation--review.aspx?id=245278

Not sure I get all the hype. Way too sterile and over-polished for me.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 2:37pm
^ I've heard one song from them. I gave up after the first pig squeal. I agree with your sentiment on those that you put in that review.
GG2U

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 4:16pm
Damn, I just can't stand those. Occasionally they're okay (I like them in Cephalic Carnage's music, for example), but here it was just too excessive and poorly executed.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 10:11am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

It seems you enjoy the more technical/ progressive "polished" death metal compared to the more raw and old school sounding death metal. Do you think that�s true?

Seing that you enjoy Obscura I can recommend that you check out:
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/pestilence.aspx?ac=pestilence ( "Testimony of the Ancients" and "Spheres")
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/sadist.aspx?ac=sadist ( I would avoid the debut and especially "Lego", but the rest are pretty damn fine technical/ progressive death metal)

I�m pretty sure you�ve already heard Death, Atheist and Cynic so I didn�t mention them. But if you haven�t they are of course mandatory listening for fans of technical/ progressive death metal.

Been making my way through these. Augury has really hit the spot. I managed to get the second album for just �3.99 this morning off of Amazon. Pestilence I have tried and liked to a point. I preferred Testimony of the Ancients to Spheres. I couldn't really get into the vocals on Spheres. Necrophagist I have tried and need to explore some more while the others still need to be checked out. Some great recommendations here so far though. Thumbs Up

Just for the record though, I must confess to having never checked Cynic out, and barely knowing anything by Atheist. Embarrassed That will change though.
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 12:57pm
Atheist can be an aquired taste but I�m pretty sure you�ll enjoy Cynic a lot. Maybe start with Traced in Air!
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

It seems you enjoy the more technical/ progressive "polished" death metal compared to the more raw and old school sounding death metal. Do you think that�s true?

Seing that you enjoy Obscura I can recommend that you check out:
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/pestilence.aspx?ac=pestilence ( "Testimony of the Ancients" and "Spheres")
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/sadist.aspx?ac=sadist ( I would avoid the debut and especially "Lego", but the rest are pretty damn fine technical/ progressive death metal)

I�m pretty sure you�ve already heard Death, Atheist and Cynic so I didn�t mention them. But if you haven�t they are of course mandatory listening for fans of technical/ progressive death metal.

Been making my way through these. Augury has really hit the spot. I managed to get the second album for just �3.99 this morning off of Amazon.

I happened upon their second album at my local record store last week, and decided to pick it up because it had cool artwork, and I'm really enjoying it as well. It has some really good technical death metal on it.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 9:46am

My most recent death metal discovery. Fans of the likes of Obscura are recommended to check these guys out, it's very similar, right down to the use of the fretless bass from Augury's former bassist.

GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 10:09am
^Cool cover artwork on that one Thumbs Up And yeah it does have quite a similar sound to Obscura.

Edited by UMUR - 25 Jun 2011 at 10:11am
life93 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote life93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 10:47pm
originally had Augury but then saw the link. anyway some awesome suggestions here. Here is a band from boston awesome death/thrash.

Edited by life93 - 04 Jul 2011 at 10:56pm
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 2:17pm
So, as I post this Symbolic is the top overall album on this site

Headbanger
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 2:35pm
^^Yeah Revocation are pretty cool. I still need them to tighten up their songwriting a bit more which I think will make them more compact and powerful. I�m looking forward to hopefully receiving a promo of their third album soon.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 7:55am
not enough people here listen to Vader.  I dislike that.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 8:10am
^LOL. I remember when Vader started. I saw a video from "The Ultimate Incantation" on Headbanger�s Ball. I went to see Bolt Thrower in early 1993 with Grave and Vader supporting.
Vader - The Ultimate Incantation
I actually haven�t listened to much Vader since. I guess they didn�t stand out enough from the rest back then for me to take notice. I�m determined to check them out at some point though.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 8:27am
I�m currently re-familiarizing myself with some of Benediction�s albums. It brings out great memories and especially "The Grand Leveller" took me down memory lane, but I�m a bit surprised at how much I actually enjoy "Subconscious Terror" too. It was never a favorite back in the day.

.. Album Cover
.. Album Cover

Edited by UMUR - 15 Jul 2011 at 8:27am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 35>
  Share Topic