MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Death Metal Kill Zone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 35>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 6:20am
Yeah, especially to a lot of death metal bands in the 90s. There were simply too many of them, and the market got saturated.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 7:17am

By the mid-nineties it was still only very few acts out of the legions of existing death metal acts that stood out from the crowd. The scene drowned itself. Just like the black metal scene did just a few years later.

7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:40am
You guys need to listen to more oldschool death metal.

Demented Ted - Promises Impure (1993)

Stupid name for a band but the riffs are fucking crushing and the vocals are killer.
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 1:50pm
As a total opposite to oldschool death metal, I've been spinning HATE's "Erebus" lately and find it a solid piece of pure aggression.

Have you heard it UMUR? I'll post my review tomorrow or the day after.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 1:55pm
Nope I have still to check out HATE.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by 7997ism 7997ism wrote:

You guys need to listen to more oldschool death metal.

Demented Ted - Promises Impure (1993)

Stupid name for a band but the riffs are fucking crushing and the vocals are killer.

I�ve heard that name before, but I�ve never heard the music. They aren�t present here on MMA yet. I�ll do something about that shortly.
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 3:52pm
My favorite true death metal album still remains

But I have to say that Opeth is my favorite progressive death metal band
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:29pm
^ I wouldn't really consider Lamb of God to be a death metal act. They have some death tendencies, but I would put them in a thrash/groove/metalcore subgenre before death metal.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

^ I wouldn't really consider Lamb of God to be a death metal act. They have some death tendencies, but I would put them in a thrash/groove/metalcore subgenre before death metal.

True, but they were the first real "death" anything band I was introduced to. That was the period when I detested everything with growling vocals. Then Opeth came into my life and my eyes were opened LOL
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:04pm
lol lamb of god arent "death" anything theyre nwoahm stuff and pretty bad ones too
hate is pretty decent for now a days dm i admit even though im not into that at all in the moment but theyre still cool to check out if you havnt just yet
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by 7997ism 7997ism wrote:

lol lamb of god arent "death" anything theyre nwoahm stuff and pretty bad ones too in my opinion

Wink
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:20pm
nah they are pretty horrid
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:26pm
LOL
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:27pm
I've been listening to this a lot lately...

Pretty great "true" Swedish death metal. I need to hear some of their earlier stuff.
Pelata View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 9:56am
I like Death Metal, but I tend to lean toward the less popular acts like Sinister, Disincarnate, Dismember, Vader...

Though I do enjoy Entombed, Death and Suffocation...
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 1:52pm
I saw here before 3 hours that the new Deicide album will release in February.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 5:48pm
I'm hopeful for the new Deicide... even though the title, To Hell With God, is pretty stupid. Doesn't look like they've stopped hating Christianity any less over the years! LOL

I was really into their debut last summer... killer old school death metal! Headbanger
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 2:28am
I was quite the big Deicide fan back in the early nineties. I really liked the debut and still do to some extent. I remember when Legion was released too. I didn�t like it as much as the debut but I still enjoyed that one too. I saw Deicide on that tour and I gotta tell you that Glen Benton is probably one of the most unsympathetic frontmen I�ve ever witnessed. He ordered the crowd to beat up a poor guy who was wearing a t-shirt with a cross...and they did. Very nasty behaviour IMOErmm.

From Legion and onwards the albums have just declined in quality IMO, and today I find Deicide rather irrelevant. The first three albums are still worth getting though. All "Classics".
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 4:53am
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

LOL
LOL^
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 4:54am
New Deicide will probably be much better then thier last album (which was pretty bad) but it wont be anything mind blowing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 35>
  Share Topic