MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Death Metal Kill Zone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 34>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 5:40pm
Very cool! I'd like to see these guys live at some point... I'm sure that George Fisher's energetic stage performance is worth the price of admission alone. Smile
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 11:41pm
I just watched the first half hour and it´s a pretty great insight to the Buffalo scene. Lots of stuff I didn´t know.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 5:02pm
I had a fun time at the Gorguts concert last night, but I had to leave early.  Gorguts started at 10:50pm, and I had to leave near 11:30.  With the venue (The Annex Wreckroom in Toronto), the stage was not very high, so by the time Gorguts played I could not see a thing.  That being said, every band (including openers Origin, Nero Di Marte, and Fragile Existence)  sounded great.

My brother and I ran into Luc Lemay after stepping out for a brief break to check out our favorite music store (Sonic Boom Records, which was a minute walk fro the venue).  We said a brief hello and a few words, keeping it brief as Luc's voice sounded horrible.  He probably shot out to buy some medicine LOL.  Later in the night, my brother bought a vinyl copy of "From Wisdom To Hate" and got Luc to sign the insert.

Much to our surprise, the sound guy at the show was Blacky from Voivod.  I felt I had to say something to him, but all I could think of was "Target Earth was great, man!" LOL, for which he thanked me.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 11:43pm
Wow that´s quite a lineup. And Blacky as sound guy??? I´d like to meet him someday, or any member of Voivod for that matter, so I can fall on my knees and praise the real gods of the earth Tongue
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

For anyone who hasn't seen this... Metal Blade uploaded the full "Centuries of Torment" documentary about Cannibal Corpse. It's an incredible film, and if you have three hours to spare, it's well worth your time! Thumbs Up

Great documentary this one. I found it very interesting and I learned a couple of Things about the band I didn´t know before.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 10:31pm
The new Behemoth is quite a grower.  This song from it is awesome though.

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 9:25am
Sounds better than most of their pre-cancer stuff. 
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 12:20pm
I haven't heard this album yet, but my brother ordered Artificial Brain's debut.  If it's as awesome as the cover I'll be sure to like it.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 12:24pm
I've really been enjoying these two lately:

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/mayan/antagonise

Definitely not death metal for the purest type.  

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/lascailles-shroud/interval-02-parallel-infinities-the-abscinded-universe

One of the best progressive death metal albums I've ever heard, and a free release too.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 1:07pm
Ohhh...I just watched and listened to this one Shocked. Wow this sounds really, really great:

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 6:24pm
^ God damn, that is completely badass. I need that album. Stern Smile
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 11:22am
I just found the German band Words Of Farewell, while looking at albums on amazon.

Very Dark Tranquillity-sounding to my ears, which is a good thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ge50A0oai0

I noticed their 2012 album has no stars or reviews here on MMA
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 5:15pm
Never heard of them and if they sound like Dark Tranquillity they are probably not my poison :-)
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 11:54pm
The guys on Encyclopaedia Metallum have been hyping Teitanblood's newest album, so I checked it out.

Jesus fucking shit is this the correct way to play death metal.  High on my best of the year so far already.
GhostOfSirius View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhostOfSirius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 10:35am
Let's Talk About Leprosy
This was on my Fcebook wall. It's a really good read on the early death metal scene, and Death's album Leprosy in particular. Written by Exhumed guitarist, vocalist, Matt Harvey.
WARNING: He swears a lot. LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 2:05pm
Yeah certainly a nice read.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 7:51pm
THAT :WAS AN AWESOME VIDEO! I might have to up my rating on that album as i listen to it more :P

I'm refering to the BEHEMOTH video that UMUR posted

Edited by siLLy puPPy - 30 May 2014 at 7:52pm
GhostOfSirius View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhostOfSirius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 9:35am
http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured/a-gruesome-salute-to-death/

This could be cool. A 'tribute' to early Death. They don't play covers, but they do write songs influenced solely by Death's first two albums.

(Next post here won't be about Death, I swear. LOL)
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 10:23pm

Teitanblood are becoming one of my favorite recent era death metal bands.

That guitar tone... :headbang:
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2014 at 6:06am
Looking forward to this one:

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 34>
  Share Topic