15 [48.39%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hetfield vs Mustaine
    Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 6:02am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

James Hetfield was the ultimate thrash metal vocalist in his day

He was? I always thought Tom Araya and Chuck Billy were much more talented
To my ears that is Tongue
ManDog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ManDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 12:08am
Haha just made it 50/50
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

James Hetfield was the ultimate thrash metal vocalist in his day

He was? I always thought Tom Araya and Chuck Billy were much more talented
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 9:10am
James Hetfield was the ultimate thrash metal vocalist in his day, and his latter day vocals arenĀ“t the worst either, although I prefer his aggressive vocal style on the early releases. Mustaine is distinct sounding, but often sounds almost painfully strained. I like him, but he is not a favorite.

Edited by UMUR - 17 Nov 2015 at 9:10am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 11:17pm
Mustaine's the better guitarist, Hetfield the better singer and songwriter. Both have idiotic religious beliefs, which didn't used to bother me, but seems to now I'm older.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 2:21pm
Well Hetfield is a better singer by far  - both good guitarists but Metallica haven't released a great album for 24 years. In that time Megadeth have released  a few. Mustaine wasn't a particularly endearing character in his past but he seems to have improved with age. Overall though I'd give Hetfield the vote. 
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 11:46am
It's a tie for me.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 11:35am
Originally posted by LittleBig LittleBig wrote:

Dave Mustaine

well, Hetfield was better than Dave in the 80s, both as a singer and songwriter. But in the 90s and 00s, Dave is the winner, did a much better work than Hetfield, especially as a songwriter. Hetfield's vocals deteriorated after Load, his vocal performances got worse and worse and his songwriting isn't that great anymore (see Reload, such a patchy, uneven album and St Anger was pretty bad). People say Death Magnetic was great but both Endgame and The System Has Failed are just better IMO.

I posted this five years ago (wow, time flies) and my opinion has changed. Actually neither of these two impress me these days.
Dave's vocals have got bad as well, even worse than Hetfield's. Supercollider was just as bad as St Anger.
I've grown to like Load/Reload more so I wouldn't be so harsh on 90s Metallica.
I still think Death Magnetic is rather uninspired, terrible drumming and the production was poor (which I never understood how can the most famous metal band out there have such crappy sound on an album).
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 5:29pm
James Hetfield, he doesn't have Dave's whiny and nerdy voiceOuch but I like Dave too don't get me wrong

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - 19 Jan 2013 at 6:12pm
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 5:44pm
Hetfield!
Inexistence is the true normality.
Zargus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zargus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 4:59pm
I like Megadeth more then Metallica, and i like Mustain more then Hatfield. But its pretty close.
http://www.riseaboverecords.com/wp-content/uploads/BLOOD-CEREMONY-new-2016.jpg
DeKay View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 7:25pm
Dave forever
poslednijat_colobar View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poslednijat_colobar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 7:19pm
Mustaine > Hetfield
Megadeth < Metallica
That are my votes!
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 1:50pm
Dave Mustaine

well, Hetfield was better than Dave in the 80s, both as a singer and songwriter. But in the 90s and 00s, Dave is the winner, did a much better work than Hetfield, especially as a songwriter. Hetfield's vocals deteriorated after Load, his vocal performances got worse and worse and his songwriting isn't that great anymore (see Reload, such a patchy, uneven album and St Anger was pretty bad). People say Death Magnetic was great but both Endgame and The System Has Failed are just better IMO.

Edited by LittleBig - 21 Dec 2010 at 1:52pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 9:15pm
yeah that one.  Don't think there are any others
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Mustaine is a character, I love that guy.  Anybody ever seen The Megadeth Documentary?

Which doc? I've seen the Megadeth "Behind The Music" but nothing else.  Is there another one?
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 2:07pm
Mustaine is a character, I love that guy.  Anybody ever seen The Megadeth Documentary?
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 5:07am
Hetfield after I saw Some Kind of Monster - Mustaine was out of line.  
GLAM METAL!
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 1:44am
As a guitarist, Mustaine by miles (though over time I've come to realize James is surprisingly good, and probably the most musically gifted in the band).

As a vocalist, James is obviously better.

Oh and this doesn't have anything to do with the music but personality wise...only the most hardcore of fanboys can't admit that Mustaine is an ass of epic proportions. LOL
I love him but good lord man!

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 01 Dec 2010 at 1:45am
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 12:12pm
Hetfield? No thanks. 

MUSTAINE!!!!HeadbangerHeadbanger

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic