MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Internal news
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3rd MMA Reviewer's Challenge Announcement(Updated)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3rd MMA Reviewer's Challenge Announcement(Updated)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 11:36am
I'm still in. At the very least, this will be my first time participating in a challenge where I don't know the album beforehand, so that ill be interesting.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 7:14pm
Fixed my Spotify problems... It was me being thick as usual.Embarrassed I'm in.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 7:28pm
I'm still in, this should be fun as I remember the song I sampled was pretty interesting.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 8:59pm
Now that's a winner's album!
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 11:24pm
The whole album is YouTube if I remember correctly so if there's any problems you can go there. 
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 3:10pm
I quite often end up looking on Youtube. The only downside is that sometimes the videos have poor sound quality there.
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 11:26am
Sorry everyone but I think I'm going to drop out.

It's not the album, it's me. I tried wrting for the Grave Digger album already which I already knew and couldn't really come up with anything, so I've got no chance with something I don't.
Warthur View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 11:25am
Not only am I adding a reminder to my Google Calendar to remind me not to post reviews of old albums when the challenge is running, I'm actually going to throw my hat in this time.

Do we have to post our reviews in a particular order or to a specific schedule when it kicks off, or do we just post them as and when we have the time once the challenge opens?
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Warthur Warthur wrote:

Not only am I adding a reminder to my Google Calendar to remind me not to post reviews of old albums when the challenge is running, I'm actually going to throw my hat in this time.

Do we have to post our reviews in a particular order or to a specific schedule when it kicks off, or do we just post them as and when we have the time once the challenge opens?

Adam works out a posting schedule so that we don't all post them on the same day Warthur. Last time it was around 3 reviews a day a couple of days apart so they all get some time on the front page. I'm sure he'll announce the order nearer the time.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 3:29pm
The group's are randomised, but people can swap their position in the schedule if they need to for any reason.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Warthur View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 3:27am
^ Awesome, thanks.
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 4:10pm
My review's already written, so whenever I'm allowed to post it I'm ready. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 3:19am
Reviewer's Challenge schedule announcement!

The challenge begins one week from today, on September 23rd.

With nine participants registered here, I have broken the participants into three groups of three. There will be no break days this time so as to not disrupt other reviews for as long. The challenge reviews will all feature in the upcoming trial issue of the MMA online magazine, which will be released shortly afterwards.

Day 1 (September 23rd):

Vim Fuego
aglasshouse
Unitron

Day 2 (September 24th)

DippoMagoo
Time Signature
Nightfly

Day 3 (September 25th)

666sharon666
adg211288
Warthur

As always if anyone wants to swap it can be arranged by posting here. If anyone needs to drop out please let me know as soon as you can.

This post will also be PM'ed to each participant shortly. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 3:56pm
I still feel kind of bad about dropping out of this, but I'm looking forward to reading all the reviews.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 8:45am
Challenge starts tomorrow. 

As before, we'd kindly ask others to refrain from posting any Older Release Reviews during these few days to allow the event to get maximum exposure on the site frontpage. In order to not disrupt normal service for as long this time the challenge reviews are being posted over a shorter period of time and the block on other reviews will be lifted on Tuesday, September 27th, one day after the last reviews are posted.

New Release Reviews may be posted as normal. 

All Challenge reviews will be included in the trial issue of the upcoming MMA online magazine, which is aimed to be released by the end of the month. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by TheHeavyMetalCat TheHeavyMetalCat wrote:

I still feel kind of bad about dropping out of this, but I'm looking forward to reading all the reviews.

You shouldn't feel bad. Reviewing something like this isn't for everyone. I've been doing it for nearly 20 years now (that makes me feel SO OLD!), and I struggled with this one a bit. I rewrote some of it three times.

Anyway, the first review is up and posted.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 5:38pm
Just a suggestion but wouldn't it be less of a burdon on users if there was like one review a day or something? I mean, if i don't care about an album i'm totally put off by this. If i do find it enamoring then i still don't want to see a flood of reviews on the same day. Just my 2cents worth but why the rush?
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 11:17pm
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Warthur View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 4:39am
Nice to see such divergent opinions right out of the gate.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Vim
 Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Originally posted by TheHeavyMetalCat TheHeavyMetalCat wrote:

You shouldn't feel bad. Reviewing something like this isn't for everyone. I've been doing it for nearly 20 years now (that makes me feel SO OLD!), and I struggled with this one a bit. I rewrote some of it three times.

Anyway, the first review is up and posted.

Well I put a rating up at least. My unwritten review is there in spirit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic