MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Collaborator's Handbook

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Collaborator's Handbook
    Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 4:44am
This is the major revision of the Collaborator's Handbook that the admin team have been building for some time. Unlike the previous one based on forum posts this one will be available as a PDF file that you can either view online or download to your computer. You can access it at from the below link which we will update as required, as well as posting in this thread what changes have been made between versions. The thread may also be used to give the admin team any feedback on the handbook and the site policies detailed therein as well as to ask any questions if you're unsure of anything.

Current Revision: Version 2.7 (18.03.2017)

Dropbox may ask you to create an account or log-in but this is not required to access the Handbook.

Edited by adg211288 - 18 Mar 2017 at 2:16pm
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 10:34am
This is great work.

I haven't had time to read it in depth yet but a bit of feedback based on the bits I've skimmed through so far:

Quote Never write Female Vocals after a female performer's credit. Again, vocals are vocals. No one writes Male Vocals after a male performer's credit after all. It's sexism to differentiate between male and female performers this way, which is not something that MMA will tolerate in our collaborators or neutrally written records.

Thank you so much for putting this in. It pisses me off so much when I'm researching missing bands on EM with the way they insist of segregating women with the 'vocals (female)' credit.

Having a section on current site issues should prove helpful too, though I'd like to see these kinds of things get fixed soon.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 1:11am
Just read it all. Don't know how much actually went in.LOL

It's a good set of standards and instructions. The only major thing I've been doing wrong is sticking the bonus tracks in the wrong place.Embarrassed That's my fault for not reading the handbook thoroughly earlier.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 9:36am
Ok! It's time to some collaboration...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 1:32pm
Handbook revision 2.1 uploaded. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 5:30am
Handbook revision 2.2 uploaded. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 5:09am
Handbook revision 2.4 (finally) uploaded.

Covers the last of the new sub-genre additions and some notes on the Collaborator Helper Program. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 4:44am
Handbook revision 2.5 has been uploaded.

This version updates our policy on how Proto-Metal and early Hard Rock are handled. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 1:48pm
Handbook revision 2.6 has been uploaded.

This version covers the updated policies on Hard Rock and Hardcore & Crust, adds a new policy on how genre disputes should be handled, among other things. Collabs can expect to find a more detailed announcement in the forum Collab Zone shortly. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 2:10pm
Handbook 2.7 uploaded.

Adds in the reference to glam now requiring approval and re-writes a couple of sections in the name of making them clearer. 

Edited by adg211288 - 18 Mar 2017 at 2:11pm
GG2U

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:27pm
OK, i give up and i forgot how because it's been too long. Not in the collab book. I checked first.

How do i add a Various Artist release?

HELP!
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

OK, i give up and i forgot how because it's been too long. Not in the collab book. I checked first.

How do i add a Various Artist release?

HELP!

Various Artists are under V. 

Add the album as you would a normal one, then add the URLs for any of the artists we have.

Must ask to get that changed to being put under V.A.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 7:07am
^ so i wrote a review for a buddy on RYM for his Metal Madness Vol 1 comp and of all the 39 artists on it, NONE are on here.

Yes, i will do the honor of adding them all. Most are fairly new and only have one or two releases but obviusly it will take a while.

Thanks, Vim! And yes, this is a very bad system on this one ;)
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 7:20am
Oh, and BTW there should really be a genre category called VARIOUS GENRES for comps that are all over the map. In fact it would be useful for bands like Mr Bungle as well ;)
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 10:43am
I may have asked this before but i don't remember the answer if i did.

Is it not possible to add bands under Chinese characters? I see it's OK to add albums but no way to do bands.

I have been adding them with the Latinate pinyin but it would be more appropriate for bands that use their characters instead of Latin alphabet to be emphasized.

If it is possible, how do i do it?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 11:34am
Other alphabets really screw up. But you can get around it by adding as Latin first and then changing it after the profile has been created. It works for Cyrillic anyway like that (which is also okay when just adding a release). 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 4:39pm
Exactly what Adam said. I have done it myself. Add profile in English text first, including at least one album, and then you can change the band name. It seems to be once it's established in the database it's OK.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 6:20pm
Thanks, guys! One more question. On the PA top 250, proto-prog and prog related are not allowed on the charts. I think we have too many King Crimson and hard rock albums on the top 100. Can we change that or can M@X during the next visit? Also can WE get a top 250? 100 ain't enough!!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 1:13am
I have no issue with MMA relevant albums being among the high rated on the site but in general we do need better charts, including proper filters for those who don't want to see this or that genre included.

Getting Max in the door right now is the big challenge. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:23am
What happened to the VARIOUS METAL GENRES category for adding albums?

I found that to be a very relevant tag for various artists releases that truly have no dominant style.

There are also a few bands that could possibly qualify.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic