MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Made a mistake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Made a mistake
    Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 3:48pm
So I spotted an album missing and rather than bother anyone I added it myself.

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/blut-aus-nord/memoria-vetusta-iii-saturnian-poetry

Only I messed up. I did a typo and put 2015 when it should be 2014. Now I can't change it. Help!
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 4:09pm
Fixed: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/blut-aus-nord/memoria-vetusta-iii-saturnian-poetry
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 4:10pm
Thank you!
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 10:59am
Don't worry, we all mess up somewhere along the line. Nice clean entry otherwise.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 5:11pm
Quite true, I did something similar in my early days editing the site before becoming a collab. Forget to change the release type drop-down and ended up uploading a demo as a full-length and had to make a similar post to this. 

Nicole is right to point out that it is otherwise a good entry, so do not get discouraged. No matter how little you can contribute it all helps. It would of course be easier if you joined the collaborators due to increased permissions, though I understand that you don't feel able to commit to that at this point in time - which is of course fine, though I do feel duty-bound to remind that the door is always open should you change your mind. No pressure to do so of course, but you can always contact me or another admin should you ever just want to discuss possibilities. No commitment required. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 2:02am
Thank you both, I appreciate that.

The idea of me being a collab here isn't unappealing, but it just boils down to a matter of free time. I just don't see myself having the time to see here adding artist after artist. Having the ability to add and edit releases would be helpful so I can fix minor stuff as I find it (and to correct my own mistakes as per this example), but I don't see me having the time to be adding large discography artists - I'd still want to pass those to the relevant team for approval and addition (small discography artists I could probably handle). If you have a role for me where I could do that then let's talk some more, but I don't want anyone to have unreasnable expectations of me.

Edited by TheHeavyMetalCat - 18 Jun 2016 at 2:03am
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 8:47am
^ It's all very easy going here. We just do what we can when we can. I work long hours and play in a band so don't have a lot of free time myself.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic