Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nick Menza Dead.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nick Menza Dead.
    Posted: 22 May 2016 at 10:12am
Former drummer of Megadeth, Nick Menza, died of heart failure while performing with his band Ohm. Rest in peace to a legendary drummer in metal, playing on several Megadeth albums, including the legendary Rust in Peace. Rock in peace.

Why are so many great musicians passing this year? Cry

If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 10:49am
R.I.P.

2016 has been a cruel year so far. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 11:06am
I'm stunned. RIP Nick. Cry
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 11:20am
51 is too young...
RIP. Unhappy
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 11:23am
He was my age Cry
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 12:06pm
Damn I just read about it. Sad news.
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 11:49am
I distinctly remember upon first hearing RiP, thinking how the band was on a whole different level than before. Menza and Friedman were the absolute weapons in the hand of Mustaine, who was at the top of his game. They obliterated their predecessors and I say that while considering Samuelson and Poland two of the finest in the genre. Craig Locicero of Forbidden put it perfectly:

"I think Megadeth has had many great drummers starting with Gar Samuelson. But the perfect storm for player, writing and production started on RIP. Menza was the perfect fit at the perfect time."

Menza was one of the GREATS. I consider RiP, CtE and Youthanasia masterclass albums of the entire rock genre. And Nick was definitely a part of it. Wouldn't have been the same without him. Mustaine is still struggling to find someone adequate enough to fill in his shoes. Colaiuta himself modelled his session performance on The System has Failed on Menza. And of course the few hours he spent on it were not enough to surpass Menza.

In all styles he played with Mustaine, from the insane tech/speed/thrash on RiP to the almost minimal, heavy, groovy, perfect style of Youthanasia, he nailed them all.

R.I.P.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 3:23pm
Well put, Vic. I think i'm gonna stop hearing the news for the rest of this year. It's not getting any better. RIP Nick
Nick Menza megadeth die 400x248 Longtime Megadeth Drummer Nick Menza DIES On Stage At 51
voila_la_scorie View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Proto Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voila_la_scorie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 4:18am
I'm wearing an Ohm T-shirt but I don't know if it's the same band. My friend sent me the shirt and a CD but they are an electronic band mostly.

It's sad to hear this news because I'm just revisiting Megadeth these days and ordering a few discs.
A story told that can't be real somehow must reflect the truth we feel.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic