MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 42>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:20am
Still watching "Lost", which I never got around to see when it originally aired. Me and my wife are now in the middle of season 5. We think it´s a pretty damn brilliant show.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:49am
Watched the first episode of the new Game of Thrones season this morning. 

I'm also currently re-watching season 1 of The Expanse which I started again in preparation for the release of Season 2 on Netflix, which naturally never appeared when it was said it was going to yet again. Angry 

As season 2 ended in the US in April they are well past taking the piss now.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 12:53pm
"Shall we begin?"
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I'm also currently re-watching season 1 of The Expanse which I started again in preparation for the release of Season 2 on Netflix, which naturally never appeared when it was said it was going to yet again. Angry 

Yeah that´s a real annoying thing about Netflix. You can look forward to season 2 though. I just finished it a couple of days ago, and it was pretty great. It ends so there is no discussion a season 3 will also be released.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 12:47am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Yeah that´s a real annoying thing about Netflix. You can look forward to season 2 though. I just finished it a couple of days ago, and it was pretty great. It ends so there is no discussion a season 3 will also be released.

I know a season 3 has been confirmed but I've also heard they're going to cancel it after that if the worldwide viewing figures don't pick up. Makes me wonder how they expect them to pick up if the don't release the fucking series though. Cancelling it would be a real shame because it's the best sci-fi series I've seen in a long time. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 2:13am

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I know a season 3 has been confirmed but I've also heard they're going to cancel it after that if the worldwide viewing figures don't pick up. Makes me wonder how they expect them to pick up if the don't release the fucking series though. Cancelling it would be a real shame because it's the best sci-fi series I've seen in a long time. 

Yeah it´s obvious they´ve spend quite a bit of Money on this series. I wasn´t 100% hooked after the first season, but season 2 has convinced me a Little more of the qualities of the series. In my World nothing beats Battlestar Galactica when it comes to sci-fi Space series though (the remake). The Expanse doesn´t change my opinion on that.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:01am
I've been interesting in seeing Battlestar Galactica for a while but haven't yet. I don't think it's on either Amazon Prime or Netflix. 

I finished the Netflix series Hemlock Grove this afternoon, which I thought was pretty decent though its first season was the best I think. I'll be picking a new series to watch later today. Not sure what yet; I have a lot tagged in my Netflix list that look like they might be OK. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 4:33pm
Almost done with Lost and the seacon season of American Horror Story.

...oh yeah and a couple of episodes of My Name is Earl. I love that series.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 1:28am
Recently started American Horror Story- I've never got round to watching it previously. Finished first season which I loved. Just watched episode one of series two. Looks promising.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 1:49am
I recently watched the first two seasons of Z Nation on Netflix. They don't have season 3 yet unfortunately and since they only recently got season 2 it'll likely be a while yet before 3 shows up.

It would be easy to write this show off as a poor man's version of The Walking Dead but I ended up loving it's more comedic approach to the zombie apocalypse genre. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 2:10am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Recently started American Horror Story- I've never got round to watching it previously. Finished first season which I loved. Just watched episode one of series two. Looks promising.

Yeah it´s a great quality series, and pretty damn eerie too. My wife couldn´t handle season 2 and gave up watching it LOL.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 2:11am

I recently watched the first two seasons of Z Nation on Netflix. They don't have season 3 yet unfortunately and since they only recently got season 2 it'll likely be a while yet before 3 shows up.

It would be easy to write this show off as a poor man's version of The Walking Dead but I ended up loving it's more comedic approach to the zombie apocalypse genre. 

I have Z Nation on my list of what I´d like to Watch in the future, but I´m not sure my wife would enjoy it that much. She loves The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead, but the comedy element and slightly more B-movie take on the zombie genre which I understand Z Nation represents probably isn´t her poison.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 8:56am
The Expanse Season 2 finally has a UK release day: September 8th. Not sure why its taken so long when it was originally said it would appear a week after the US airing finished but I'm glad its finally coming. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:01pm
Finally finished Lost. I thought it was a great series for the most part, but it did outstay its welcome by a couple of seasons IMO. And me and my wife had spotted the ending already in season 2, so it was kind of tame, when we found out we were right LOL

I have a couple of Things lined up now:

Season 7 of Game of Thrones
Season 4 of The Strain
Season 3 of Fear the Walking Dead

...and after that...WHO knows...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 1:22pm
I've just started Orange is the New Black and Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments on Netflix. The latter is a bit too 'teen' if you know what I mean and I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with it or not. I'm enjoying Orange is the New Black though. The setting makes it seem like a modern and more adult take on the classic British comedy Porridge. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 6:02pm
Been meaning to get into Orange is the New Black.

Started watching The Handmaid's Tale a week or so back. Liked it a lot. A very compelling book, and seems to be a good adaptation of that world so far. Haven't had time for the second ep yet. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 2:42pm
Watching Bates Motel and liking it.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 12:59pm
On Netflix:

I don't usually like US comedy (it took me ages to appreciate The Big Bang Theory) but since this was so highly regarded I thought I'd give it a look. I'm enjoying it a lot more than expected. The premise is a woman (the title character) spends 15 years locked in an underground bunker as part of a doomsday cult, being told the world had ended. Suddenly freed, she moves to New York to try to live a normal life (and generally failing)...but it's basically just a piss take over a lot of modern trends and showcasing how ridiculous people can be these days, which as someone who has no time for that kind of crap I can really appreciate the humour of this series. It also helps that its just plain wacky. LOL
GG2U

Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 1:09am
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTEyODk5NTc2MjNeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDQ5NTgwOTkx._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

A couple of friends recommended me this series. Watching episode 3 right now and it seems pretty interesting so far.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Sisslith Sisslith wrote:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTEyODk5NTc2MjNeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDQ5NTgwOTkx._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

A couple of friends recommended me this series. Watching episode 3 right now and it seems pretty interesting so far.

Excellent, very smart show that one. Looking forward to Series 2.
Save
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 42>
  Share Topic