MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 42>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 5:25am
Partly yes but my impression is overall that everything has been dialled back somewhat, including the budget. 

They might have been trying to portray Earth as a much more decadent place than a colony world, but it's more likely because they showrunner changed between seasons and the new one had different ideas for how the series was presented, perhaps influenced by criticisms aimed at season 1 for it's most extreme elements. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 7:15am
^Although I usually don´t have a problem with sex scenes in movies, I actually thought the explicit nature of some of the scenes in Season 1 were unnecessary. There was no need for them and it felt a Little like the creators had put them there to attract an audience interested in scenes like that. So the scenes themselves didn´t bother me, but the motive behind them being there does.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 8:47am
It wasn't only the sex scenes that were criticised though. The level of violence was as well and I also think that was toned down for season 2. It's more about overall feel than any particular elements from season 1. What I liked about the show that was that with an 18 rating it had a free reign to produce something in the genre that was truly gritty in all respects when a lot of modern sci-fi aims for the teen 12A audience, kinda like what Game of Thrones did for fantasy. 

I still like season 2 a lot and will watch the anime movie that comes out in a few days as well, once I've watched the last two episodes of course. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 1:58pm
Just finished Season 1 of Watchmen and I found it quite brilliant:
Regina King in Watchmen (2019)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 12:30pm
Finished season 4 of The Expanse and the show grows more and more on me:
The Expanse (2015)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 12:35pm
^ season 4 was good but as a book reader I had some gripes with it. Mainly that several characters we already met in previous seasons in the show should have played major roles in this season, yet the roles got passed to other characters. The big one of these being Havelock who was Miller's partner on Ceres in season 1. He is a main character in book 4 and this arc of the story felt really odd as a book reader that his character wasn't included. The same for Basia Merton who we see briefly on Ganymede when Hold and crew are helping Prax. He is also a main character in book 4. Both were established in the show then didn't appear for their main arcs. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 1:39am
^I understand, but since I haven´t read the books, none of that bothers me :-)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 2:10am
Fair enough. I think the changes were probably something to do with the show being cancelled and then revived that anyone not on a main contract probably wasn't available to reprise their roles. Season 4 also saw at least one recast probably for the same reason. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:21am
Just finished the two seasons of Big Little Lies. I´m surprised how much I enjoyed a show which I suspect is primarly targeted as women. I guess I have a sensitive side too Wink.

On a more serious note, it really is quite the brillant drama show, and both me and my wife enjoyed it greatly.
Nicole Kidman, Laura Dern, Meryl Streep, Reese Witherspoon, Shailene Woodley, and Zoë Kravitz in Big Little Lies (2017)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 2:10pm
Just finished season 1 of His Dark Materials. I haven´t read the books, and I was one of those who enjoyed the film, so I had some issues relating to the new actors, although Ruth Wilson is phenomenal as Ms. Coulter. It picked up towards the end, but maybe that´s because something new happened in the series which wasn´t part of the film, and I was suddenly curious about the storyline. I do look forward to season 2:
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 2:19pm
I don't remember the film much except for that as a fan of the books I didn't enjoy it too much. The TV show was done better in every possible way. The bits you weren't familiar with Jonas were probably the bits from book 2 that were getting set up early. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:21am
Just started watching season 1 of The Terror, and it´s already pretty damn exciting:
The Terror (2018)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:22am
Almost through the first season of Ray Donovan, which is a pretty good crime drama show:
Liev Schreiber in Ray Donovan (2013)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 9:32am
Finished the first season of The Terror. Pretty brilliant Tv-Series that one
The Terror (2018)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2708480/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:32am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Almost through the first season of Ray Donovan, which is a pretty good crime drama show:
Liev Schreiber in Ray Donovan (2013)
Finished the first seven seasons of Ray Donovan. A pretty decent crime drama show. Unfortunately it was cancelled and there are a lot of lose ends in season 7.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:14am
This was surprisingly good and highly recommendable:
Pedro Pascal in The Mandalorian (2019)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 9:48am
Just started wacthing "The Boys". Now that´s a really nice and twisted take on a superhero series:
Antony Starr in The Boys (2019)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 9:55am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Just started wacthing "The Boys". Now that´s a really nice and twisted take on a superhero series:
Antony Starr in The Boys (2019)
Ok, so this one is not just good, it´s freaking brilliant....a must see for fans of the more twisted superhero movies like Hancock, Kickass, and Deadpool. It´s incredibly violent, offensive, and raw. Well acted too and featuring some nice plot twists too.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 4:05am

Just finished:

Dark Poster

and:
The Punisher Poster

I thought The Punisher was absolutely brilliant.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 5:23am
Punisher was brilliant. Just about to start the latest Dark now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 42>
  Share Topic