MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 42>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 1:52am
On episode 9 of Luke Cage season 2 and I have to say that unlike Jessica Jones' second season this one has been quite good: the plot feels a lot more focused most of all and so far any guest appearances from characters from other series haven't been completely throwaway (Foggy Nelson is quite prominent in one episode, for example, opposed to a brief appearance that wasn't much more than a cameo in JJ2). 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 10:40am
Finished season 2 of Luke Cage as well as season 1 of Fargo. I'll be starting season 2 of Fargo next while I wait for Orange is the New Black season 6 to drop. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 12:35pm
I thought season two was really good. Black Mariah was a superb baddie portrayed really well. And Bushmaster was like a black Punisher anti-hero. Good to see a confident Iron Fist not riddled with doubt, which isn’t how the character should be.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 12:43am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Started watching Z Nation. He he this one is pretty badly acted, and there´s little in a way of a script, but damn it´s entertaining to those of us who enjoy old school zombie movies. The zombies are killed in the most entertaining and creative ways :-)

Well into season 2 now, and I´m a fan. Damn this one is entertaining. It´s like a crazy zombie road movie trough the US. I love the fast pace of the series and the fact that it´s unsentimental. After being dragged through über sentimentality and long drawn clíche dialogue in the last couple of seasons of The Walking Dead, it´s nice to Watch a zombie show, which doesn´t take itself too serious. This is all about fun and gore and it´s quite creative too...I can´t stop watching Clap

Edited by UMUR - 18 Jul 2018 at 12:43am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 3:12pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 1:23pm
Watched seven episodes of Orange is the New Black season 6 today so far. I did have some concerns going into this about the prison swap from min security to max security and what that would do to the vibe of the show, but so far it seems pretty much intact, though quite a lot of characters have been dropped following the split at the end of the last season. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 7:43am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Watched seven episodes of Orange is the New Black season 6 today so far. I did have some concerns going into this about the prison swap from min security to max security and what that would do to the vibe of the show, but so far it seems pretty much intact, though quite a lot of characters have been dropped following the split at the end of the last season. 

Just finished the sixth season. Very good overall, with an unexpected twist ending for one character, while some others it felt more like twisting the knife. 
GG2U

MorniumGoatahl View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 4:43am

I'm not currently subscribed to Netflix to watch this yet. I thought I'd let it lie for a couple of months and let its content refresh a little. What characters have been dropped?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 5:26am
Originally posted by MorniumGoatahl MorniumGoatahl wrote:

I'm not currently subscribed to Netflix to watch this yet. I thought I'd let it lie for a couple of months and let its content refresh a little. What characters have been dropped?

I don't suppose this constitutes too much of a spoiler, all of these characters bar one were shipped to other prisons at the end of season 5 and effectively cut from the series. 

Brook Soso
Maritza Ramos
Big Boo
Norma Romano
Janae Watson
Alison Abdullah
Leanne Taylor
Yoga Jones
Gina Murphy
Angie Rice
Anita DeMarco
Stephanie Hapakuka
Maureen Kukudio
Mei Chang

Plus some others who were semi prominent after the MCC expansion. Big Boo does actually appear once in a short guest appearance, but for all intents and purposes the character has been cut. A couple of characters absent in season 5 return in guest roles though. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 6:19am
Finished Fargo recently. All three seasons were excellent.

Got one more episode of the current season of The 100 on next week, other than that the TV schedule is pretty clear now. I'm not planning on starting a new series until I've cleared a few of the films I've got stacked up, unless The Expanse season 3 suddenly appears (yet again they are taking the piss with releasing it to UK viewers).
GG2U

ColdReverie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColdReverie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 6:23am

Finished season 2 of Luke Cage as well as season 1 of Fargo. I'll be starting season 2 of Fargo next while I wait for Orange is the New Black season 6 to drop. 

Loved Season 1 of Fargo, although my interest in the series waned during Season 2. I felt it was excessively slow in contrast to the 1st. Then again, I often realise I have little patience for series, so don't take my word as a gauge of quality :-)

The latest series I watched was the five-episode mini-series - Patrick Melrose - starring Benedict Cumberbatch. Great from start to finish, and that's what got me reading the Edward St Aubyn novels which served as its source material.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 5:26pm
Just finished this one:

Paul Bettany and Sam Worthington in Manhunt: Unabomber (2017)
ColdReverie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColdReverie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 9:06am
I had the great pleasure of discovering that Netflix has added all the episodes of Monty Python's Flying Circus to its list of available titles. I know what I'll be doing when I get home from teaching... 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:28pm
Me and my wife are watching Bitten. It´s a pretty decent werewolf show, although the CGI is pretty cheap. It´s a pretty easy watch, and not something you have to think too much about, and I guess we just need that right now...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 5:46am
Iron Fist season 2 dropped yesterday. I've watched the first episode but don't have much to say about it yet. The season is slightly shorter than the rest of the Netflix MCU shows (except The Defenders), with ten episodes instead of the usual thirteen. Hopefully that means the season won't contain any unnecessary storylines that only serve to pad out the show. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 4:43am

Me and my wife are watching Bitten. It´s a pretty decent werewolf show, although the CGI is pretty cheap. It´s a pretty easy watch, and not something you have to think too much about, and I guess we just need that right now...

Finished the 3 seasons of Bitten yesterday and overall I think it was a fairly entertaining show.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 4:45am
I´m probably going to watch the remaining episodes of season 4 of Fear the walking Dead next.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 4:50am
Down to the last five episodes of the three-series Borgia epic on Netflix. A really excellent series.
ada1986 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ada1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 2:39pm
Also, I highly recommend it
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 3:03pm

I´m probably going to watch the remaining episodes of season 4 of Fear the walking Dead next.

Watched the first three episodes of the last 8 of season 4 of Fear the Walking Dead, and I´m beginning to think this series have run into the same issues as The Walking Dead. It´s become predictable, the lines are ridden with cliches, and I´m just not too excited about it anymore Ouch

Edited by UMUR - 02 Oct 2018 at 3:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 42>
  Share Topic