MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 42>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:27am
Finally watched the second season of Jessica Jones recently. Have to say though I came away very disappointed. I found the second season nowhere near as compelling as the first, which ranks among my favourite Netflix MCU seasons (if not my number 1), whereas season 2 was easily my least favourite. I found it largely directionless with storylines that were inconsequential to Jessica except to ultimately alienate her from all her friends and allies (notably Trish and Malcolm) come the end of the season. 

Really hoping that Luke Cage season 2 which drops next Friday is better because Jessica Jones season 2 ended up being a real drag. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 1:18pm
Unsurprisingly, my attempt to get into those shows ended pretty quickly, at least for now. I tried Daredevil 2 a couple months ago and got bored less than halfway through the second episode. I highly doubt I'll ever get through that one or Iron Fist. I may just try Jessica Jones 2 on its own at some point, but if it's really that bad I may not even bother with it.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 3:51pm
Well other people seem to enjoy it more than I did, but I reckon they could have accomplished what the season delivered in half the episodes or less. 

Have you tried Luke Cage yet? 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 7:13pm
No, I may try it at some point. I definitely think I got burned out on superheroes, so it may be a while before I try again. I know I sure don't miss the CW shows, after dropping all of them earlier this year. I haven't anything on Netflix for a while, but I think before trying any of the Marvel shows again, I'll watch Altered Carbon, and see how that goes.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 14 Jun 2018 at 7:13pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:05am
Speaking of the CW shows, Arrow and Flash have finished in the UK now, while Supergirl has a few episodes left. Both would fall into the category of 'good, not great' for me. I can't barely remember what happened except that the end of Arrow basically copied the end of Iron Man. 

I have a few series on Netflix I'm interested in, but I'm mainly sticking to movies right now. Less long term commitment. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 11:52pm
Good news to wake up to this morning: Netflix has saved Lucifer. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 9:59am
Watched the first episode of Luke Cage season 2. I'd call it a slow start and it seems to be exploring similar themes to Jessica Jones season 2, but let's just see how it goes. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 3:14pm
Just finished the first 8 episodes of season 4 of:

Kim Dickens, Lennie James, and Alycia Debnam-Carey in Fear the Walking Dead (2015)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 3:53pm
^ Currently on season 3 of that. It isn't shown on a channel we get in the UK so we have to wait until Prime adds it or DVD. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 3:55pm
Started watching the series of Fargo recently. Decent so far in season 1 (I'm aware that every season is its own story with its own cast). While the Coen's film is a masterpiece in my eyes, this is pretty good too and captures the quirky vibe of the film well enough. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 12:05am
Season 4 of Fear the Walking Dead is a bit of a game changer so far. I´m not sure I´m completely satisfied with it, but I´ll wait until the last 8 episodes have run before evaluating.

One thing...you should be up to date with The Walking Dead, before watching Season 4 of Fear the Walking Dead, but you probably already knew that since Morgan is featured on the cover. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 1:39am
^ That's no problem as we get the main Walking Dead on a Sky channel. Fear is licensed to a different content provider though which we don't have or intend to get (we already have Sky, Netflix & Amazon), so we're always going to be about a year behind. Fortunately Amazon routinely adds the series in the early months of the year. 

Speaking of the main show though, I've seen they're announced that we'll be losing several key characters in season 9, including Rick, so I'm really concerned about the future of the show now. I get that after eight seasons the actor probably wants to move on but given that previous deviations from the source comic haven't been well received I think Rick leaving could kill the show. I've heard that Maggie and possibly Michonne will also exit in the first half of the next season. Even though there are more comic storylines to adapt I'm thinking they maybe should have ended the TV adaption with season 8. To me it felt a good place to stop without leaving undue cliffhangers. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:17am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

^ That's no problem as we get the main Walking Dead on a Sky channel. Fear is licensed to a different content provider though which we don't have or intend to get (we already have Sky, Netflix & Amazon), so we're always going to be about a year behind. Fortunately Amazon routinely adds the series in the early months of the year. 

Speaking of the main show though, I've seen they're announced that we'll be losing several key characters in season 9, including Rick, so I'm really concerned about the future of the show now. I get that after eight seasons the actor probably wants to move on but given that previous deviations from the source comic haven't been well received I think Rick leaving could kill the show. I've heard that Maggie and possibly Michonne will also exit in the first half of the next season. Even though there are more comic storylines to adapt I'm thinking they maybe should have ended the TV adaption with season 8. To me it felt a good place to stop without leaving undue cliffhangers. 

To tell you the truth I´m sick and tired of The Walking Dead. Season 8 was a farce IMO. I can´t even begin to name the Things that have gone wrong with that series after the first couple of brilliant seasons, but they are many, and I´m really hoping that season 9 will conclude the series. People will probably just say that I should just stop watching, but I´m a completist....I can´t LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:20am
Yeah I hate dropping a series once I've started it. It has to be really poor and declining for me to give one up once I'm more than a few episodes in. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:35am
The last couple of seasons of TWD were a drag. I think they could easily have condensed those into one season to be honest.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:40am
Originally posted by 666sharon666 666sharon666 wrote:

The last couple of seasons of TWD were a drag. I think they could easily have condensed those into one season to be honest.
Yeah that´s one of the issues dealt with right there Clap
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:43am
Sadly that's true of a lot of TV series. I think that's why I've gravitated more towards movies in the last few months. I am pleased with Fargo season one so far and two episodes into Luke Cage season 2 have been decent, but it's definitely true of a lot of things on TV, especially those that run for many seasons. 

Saying that Orange is the New Black is back for season 6 in late July and that is one series I'm eager to see given how season 5 ended. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:45am
Did anyone else but me also notice the increase in sentimental scenes with feux melancholic muzak in the background? Man that was punishing everytime. I get it that we need to see Ricks pain over Carl´s death, but they dragged it out endlessly.

Also people have begun to act really weird and unnatural in the series (especially some of the fight scenes are cringe worthy. People would never attack out in the open like that...aren´t they afraid to die???), the dialogue is awkward and uninteresting. For a series which opened with nothing short of a blast first season, it has really become a disappointment.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:46am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Sadly that's true of a lot of TV series. I think that's why I've gravitated more towards movies in the last few months. I am pleased with Fargo season one so far and two episodes into Luke Cage season 2 have been decent, but it's definitely true of a lot of things on TV, especially those that run for many seasons. 

Saying that Orange is the New Black is back for season 6 in late July and that is one series I'm eager to see given how season 5 ended. 
YEah Orange is still a great series. That season 5 was a real thrill.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 9:10am
Started watching Z Nation. He he this one is pretty badly acted, and there´s little in a way of a script, but damn it´s entertaining to those of us who enjoy old school zombie movies. The zombies are killed in the most entertaining and creative ways :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 42>
  Share Topic