MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 42>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 2:47am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Also started watching Weeds this week and loving it. 

I´m glad you enjoy watching Weeds. I found it to be an excellent show. Maybe a couple of seasons too long, but on the other hand it never gets boring.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Also started watching Weeds this week and loving it. 

I´m glad you enjoy watching Weeds. I found it to be an excellent show. Maybe a couple of seasons too long, but on the other hand it never gets boring.

I finished season one last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 1:26pm
Meanwhile I was planning on watching this week's Lucifer this evening, only to find that once again there wasn't one. It's on yet another break. This time for two weeks.

Calling it now: this series will be axed after this season since it's primary network clearly doesn't give a shit about it and is now just showing episodes to fill otherwise empty gaps in their schedule. That's the only explanation for the way this show is being treated lately. 
GG2U

LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:33pm
^ the overrated Big Bang Theory is not weekly either.

I like Lucifer, hope it does not get cancelled. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 2:23am
^ Is that the same network in the US? It's on I think the E4 channel here whereas Lucifer is Amazon Prime (normal TV only got Lucifer season 1 late 2017 in the UK). 
GG2U

LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 2:30am
I don't know what's going on. Usually episodes come weekly until a mid-season break, but lately, there are longer breaks between episodes, like 2-3 weeks. Anyway...

ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 1:05am
I don't really watch TV at all really 
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 6:34am
Just finished season 2 of Weeds. Only six more to go. LOL
GG2U

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 3:31pm
Finally working my way through two extremely popular shows: Game of Thrones and The Sopranos.  I'm almost done Season 3 of GoT, and in the middle of Season 4 of The Sopranos.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 3:36am
The Walking Dead is getting worse and worse which is strange since the source material, the comics that is are so good. But they made so many changes in the TV series, some of them much worse, I do not know where the show is going. I do not want to spoil it for you... Just my thoughts concerning the last season especially. 
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 11:33am
I watched two episodes of Stranger Things so far, and I'm not totally hooked yet, but it does look interesting. I find the main mystery and El quite interesting so far, and some of the weird horror parts are neat, but some of the sub plots more grounded in reality have been boring and I hope they either connect to the more interesting parts or get dropped completely, because some of it is super cliche and dull (Mike's sister's plot is just pathetic, for example.)

Edited by DippoMagoo - 26 Feb 2018 at 11:34am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 11:52am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

(Mike's sister's plot is just pathetic, for example.)

Nancy's story-line only really starts to become connected to the main plot with episode 3. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 1:25pm

(Mike's sister's plot is just pathetic, for example.)

Nancy's story-line only really starts to become connected to the main plot with episode 3. 
Oh yeah...Nancy has an important role to play in the series. Love Stranger Things, and looking forward to season 3 this year.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by LittleBig LittleBig wrote:

The Walking Dead is getting worse and worse which is strange since the source material, the comics that is are so good. But they made so many changes in the TV series, some of them much worse, I do not know where the show is going. I do not want to spoil it for you... Just my thoughts concerning the last season especially. 

I haven´t read the comics, but I have to agree with you regarding the Tv-series starting to get a bit uninteresting. I really hope they´ll end it soon. It started out brilliant, but few series can go on for this long and not lose their breath along the way.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 2:12pm
I'm saving The Walking Dead for tomorrow so the adverts can be fast-forwarded. I have found the first half of this current season more of a drag though. I think it would be better if there condensed it a bit. There seems to be a lot of episodes for very little in the way of plot progression to actually happen. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 4:04pm
Honestly, when I tried watching season 2 of The Walking Dead, I was finding that to be incredibly slow, even. I watched 5 or 6 episodes and it felt like pretty much shit all had actually happened and I was getting bored to death, so I just gave up on it. Seems like one of the most overrated shows of all time, imo.

I'm going to watch one episode of Stranger Things in a few minutes and then one or two more later tonight, so I'll have a better idea of how I feel about that show by the end of the night, I think.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 11:21pm
Well, 5 episodes in now and it definitely is getting better as it goes along. If I didn't have other things I wanted to do before going to bed, I'd marathon the rest of the season, but instead I'll wait and watch it tomorrow. Nancy has definitely gotten much better, btw. I think it was more Steve who was ruining her plot for me in the first couple episodes, so with him pushed into the background a bit, things have been going much better. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:02am
^Actually Steve will have a very important role to play too Smile So you won´t be rid of him just yet LOL
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:24am

Well, 5 episodes in now and it definitely is getting better as it goes along. If I didn't have other things I wanted to do before going to bed, I'd marathon the rest of the season, but instead I'll wait and watch it tomorrow. Nancy has definitely gotten much better, btw. I think it was more Steve who was ruining her plot for me in the first couple episodes, so with him pushed into the background a bit, things have been going much better. 

I think you're taking the show way too seriously, it's a sci-fi show with kids after all. 

Me and my wife got hooked on it and watched the whole thing in a weekend. LOL
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:30am
Anyone else here into classic TV shows? I've just started watching The Odd Couple, and have been enjoying it so far. 

Also watched the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode where they riff The Castle of Fu Manchu last night. It's mind-blowing that Christoper Lee was in such a cheesy and terrible film franchise in the 60's. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 42>
  Share Topic