MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 42>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 11:09am
I read somewhere on Twitter that the new Daredevil series will bring pretty much all the stars of the Netflix shows back. Whether or not that ends up being true, it's definitely a possibility, so I think I'll officially commit myself to getting through all of those shows by the mid point of next year (that way I'll be caught up well before most of the characters start showing up, while still giving myself breathing room so I don't get burnt out, lol) 

Speaking of which, I started my rewatch of Daredevil Season 1. I read over some of my comments in this thread from four years ago, and it's clear I was horribly burnt out on superheroes in general at that point, so I definitely made the right decision in dropping the CW shows entirely (I never went back to them after that point)  and waiting a few years to start getting into the MCU. I'm up to the end of Episode 6, which is where my first watch starting going off the rails, and so far this time it's not exactly a personal favorite or anything (more a solid 4 stars/8/10), but pretty much everything I liked before has only been better this time around, and everything I hated has either been perfectly fine or at least not anywhere near as bad as I seemed to think it was back then, LOL
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 12:33pm
That Daredevil series was really strong. Only second to Jessica Jones. I guess you’ve that to watch yet?
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 2:38pm
I watched Season 1 of Jessica Jones back then and loved it, then I tried Season 2 of Daredevil, but by that point I was just too burnt out and never continued with it from there. This time I'm going to try and spread them out more, breaking them up with other shows, or periods of not watching anything, and hopefully it'll go better this time. I know for sure my enjoyment of superheroes is at an all time high atm, which is the exact opposite of how it was during my last attempt, so that should help, lol
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 2:58pm
I never finished the Netflix shows myself. I lost all interest when they were all abruptly cancelled and I hadn't got around to them. 

The only cast I know will be in the new Daredevil are the two characters that have already appeared in Phase 4. I would like to see the whole core trio back personally. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 3:03pm
I saw a post somewhere saying they had sources telling them Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and the Punisher were all coming back (Iron Fist is the only one who wasn't mentioned.) But yeah, it's too early to know for sure if that's true or if it's people making stuff up, lol
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 4:26am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

I saw a post somewhere saying they had sources telling them Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and the Punisher were all coming back (Iron Fist is the only one who wasn't mentioned.) But yeah, it's too early to know for sure if that's true or if it's people making stuff up, lol

Iron Fist was the least interesting of those shows, so to me it doesn´t matter much if that one doesn´t return. I´d be interested to see new seasons of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and The Punisher, and Luke Cage was relatively good too, so I´d watch a new season of that one too, if it was released.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 4:39am
I vaguely remember reading that it was more likely that they'd bring back Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing than Finn Jones as Danny Rand. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 11:34am
I started the new She-Hulk series. The first episode was quite funny. I guess I'm most looking forward to Daredevil's reappearance in this show. I hope it isn't too many episodes before he shows up. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 9:59pm

Yeah, I was definitely suffering through a heavy superhero burnout the first time I watched this. I still wouldn't necessarily say it's a masterpiece, or that big a step up from the CW shows when they were at their best, but it's definitely more cohesive and more consistent than those ever were, and the main villain is far better than anything I remember any of those shows having. I'm still not that big on Matt or Foggy, but they didn't annoy me like they did before, and Karen is great, along with a lot of the side characters. Definitely a solid 8/10 season. 

I think I'm going to watch another one of the MCU shows next (probably Falcon and the Winter Soldier), but after that, when I have time for another 13 episode season, I'll rewatch Jessica Jones Season 1, which I remember being a personal favorite. If anything, I'm only expecting it to go better this time.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 9:53pm

This one was pretty solid. I thought the characters were mostly excellent, especially the main duo, while others like John Walker and Karly had some moments where I was a bit iffy on them, but I did end up liking them overall. The action was kinda lame and hard to follow at times, which was the weak point of the series, but otherwise it was mostly very good.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 12:00am
Yeah, this was as awesome as I remembered it being, if not even slightly better, because even the parts I didn't like before were more tolerable this time, while the highlights all held up perfectly.

I'll watch Love and Thunder tomorrow, then we'll see if I can finally get through Daredevil season 2, LOL (I think it'll be fine this time, tbh.)
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 10:13pm
I actually think I preferred this over Season 1. I'm not overly fond of The Hand as the overarching villains, and they certainly aren't anywhere near as interesting as Kingpin, but pretty much everything else worked for me. The Punisher and Elektra in particular were both awesome, but I also liked all three main characters a lot more here than I did in Season 1. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 4:23am
Just finished this one:https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14245846/

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:14am
Well, I haven't finished it yet (only 7/13 episodes in), but it looks like even the current, less burnt out version of me that's been enjoying the other Defender shows so far, is not having much fun with Luke Cage, lol It's frustrating, because I really do like Luke himself, as well as Claire and a few other characters, but the main conflict hasn't done much for me at all so far, with nearly every major character either not impressing me (Cottonmouth in particular got a lot of hype, but I don't get it, because I think he's pretty damn useless and not even all that interesting LOL), or just severely poorly used or outright botched. It's pretty telling that by far my favorite episode so far was the one focused on Luke's time in prison.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:51pm

Been watching this. It's a bit uneven at times, but also has some moments of fucking brilliance.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 10:46pm
Yeah, this sucked. There were some parts here and there where it had me thinking it might get interesting, but every single time it turned around and just got more and more stupid, instead. Aside from Luke and Claire, I really didn't like any of the characters, especially the villains. Cottonmouth was bad enough, but Diamondback was unbelievably poorly written and acted. Worse, though, that finale may be the single least satisfying ending to a TV season I've ever seen, to the point where I'm in utter shock they actually decided to do it that way. I know there's a second season, but holy crap was that ever unsatisfying, insanely stupid, and just an outright insult. 

I don't even think this is a burnout, so much as this particular show just sucked horribly, but I don't expect things to pick up again for a while, since up next is Iron Fist, and I know that's considered an absolute masterpiece Wink
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 9:50am
Been watching The Wheel of Time lately. So far it isn't bad but they've definitely made some changes from the books. As it is, I consider the books to be superior but it's still a damn decent show!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 11:14pm

Better than Luke Cage/10 LOL

Yeah, it ended up being decent, once it got going, though I can certainly see why most people consider it the worst of these shows, since it's not very well written, the office scenes are terrible, the Meachums suck (especially Ward and Harold), and there's certainly a lot of silliness that isn't in the other shows. However, I actually quite liked Danny and Colleen (as well as Claire when she was around) and I found their stories interesting, even if a lot of the stuff around them wasn't great. The Hand were also pretty interesting here, more so than on Daredevil. Overall, it wasn't great, but I had a decent time watching it, and considering Season 2 is widely regarded as at least a slight step up, I'm sure I'll like it as well.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 12:20am
Watching Ms. Marvel and finding it charming and funny.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 3:36am
This is really fucking good. It shows up how piss poor the Tom Cruise movies were, and how wrong Cruise was for playing Reacher.

Edited by Vim Fuego - 18 Oct 2022 at 3:37am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 42>
  Share Topic