MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 42>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 9:22am
Just finished season 3 of The Umbrella Academy. I like this tv-series.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Found these from back to the beginning, which I didnt see at the time as it wasn't on NZ TV.

I watched the new Beavis and Butthead movie last weekend after not really watching any of their stuff in a few years. It did not disappoint. Big smile

I wish the series was released on DVD as it originally aired in sequential order (with music videos between segments). I used to have a few of the sets that were essential best-ofs. Wish I still had those.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 7:47am
Just finished Hawkeye. A bit too much on the comedic side for my tastes, but definitely entertaining. It is one of the lesser Marvel movies/series though.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10160804/
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 1:47pm
Just finished watching:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10234724/

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 4:16am
Watched the finale of Ms. Marvel last night. Enjoyed this one overall. Just wishing its follow-up movie wasn't slated to be the fourth film down the line from where we're currently at. Going to feel the long wait after a cliffhanger ending. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 4:27am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Just finished watching:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10234724/

I was entertained, but it was a bif confusing too, and I wasn´t too fond of the SGI (especially the Jackal didn´t look that great).
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 4:32am
I liked Moon Knight but I found the tone of the series to be all over the place. One minute it's really playing up the darker side of the MCU, even giving off horror vibes, the next it's just being plain wacky and bringing in talking hippos. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 4:42am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I liked Moon Knight but I found the tone of the series to be all over the place. One minute it's really playing up the darker side of the MCU, even giving off horror vibes, the next it's just being plain wacky and bringing in talking hippos. 

Yeah those Hippo scenes were quite crazy LOL. I´m still not sure what to make of the show, but I guess it was decent, and if anything I greatly enjoyed the acting of Ocar Issac, who has become one of my favorite actors since I saw him in Ex Machina.
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 9:49pm

Excellent, definitely better than Wandavision, and one of the better MCU stories altogether, from what I've seen so far. From what I understand, the next big MCU villain is basically an alternate version of a character who appeared near the end of this, and based on that actor's performance here, I think we're in for some fun times ahead, lol
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 2:40am

I accidentally watched all four parts of this series yesterday. Couldn't help myself.Wink
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 6:28am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Excellent, definitely better than Wandavision, and one of the better MCU stories altogether, from what I've seen so far. From what I understand, the next big MCU villain is basically an alternate version of a character who appeared near the end of this, and based on that actor's performance here, I think we're in for some fun times ahead, lol

This one is brilliant, and thankfully the last episode promises a seson 2 ahead. I´m not sure if it´s been commissioned yet though.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 9:09am
It has, Jonas. Marvel recently outlined a new Phase 5 and 6 plan. Phase 4 ends after Black Panther: Wakanda Forever for the films and She-Hulk for the shows.

Loki Season 2 is coming next year as part of Phase 5. 

Phase 5 also includes a new Daredevil series which is supposed to be a continuation of the Netflix one. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 9:47am
Yeah, I think I'm gonna attempt rewatching the first season, then watching the other two seasons of it, at least before the Echo series, since that's supposed to have Daredevil and a certain other character in it. I'm not sure if the other Defenders series are going to join the MCU or not, but I may as well just throw all of them into my viewing plans as well, just for completionist sake. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 10:28am
I never actually finished watching the Netflix shows because of all the sudden cancellations. I might have to revisit the lot now though.

I'm going to assume that the whole Netflix Defender's Saga, as it's now called, should be considered canon to the main MCU if Daredevil is. I wouldn't be surprised still not to see the Netflix shows confined to an alternate universe as variants give the Multiverse Saga we're now in. I bet it will happen as soon as continuity becomes an issue for where they want to go with these characters. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I never actually finished watching the Netflix shows because of all the sudden cancellations. I might have to revisit the lot now though.

I'm going to assume that the whole Netflix Defender's Saga, as it's now called, should be considered canon to the main MCU if Daredevil is. I wouldn't be surprised still not to see the Netflix shows confined to an alternate universe as variants give the Multiverse Saga we're now in. I bet it will happen as soon as continuity becomes an issue for where they want to go with these characters. 

I´ve watched all the Netflix marvel shows and I especially enjoyed Jessca Jones and Daredevil, but I also enjoy both Ironfist and Luke Cage and The Punisher was great too. Actually I liked that whole universe.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 10:31am
Just finished Obi-Wan Kenobi and I thought it was pretty good. It doesn´t beat The Mandalorian, but I found it slightly better than Boba Fett.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8466564/

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 9:56pm
Probably the least essential of the MCU content on Disney + (except for maybe those Groot shorts LOL), but I decided to watch it anyway. I felt the quality ranged from kinda boring (Zombies) to decent, if very predictable (the Carter one was basically just a severely rushed version of the first Captain America movie, with reversed roles), to absolutely fantastic (that Doctor Strange episode especially.) Overall, I thought it worth watching, though certainly not the greatest MCU content. 

One thing I found curious, though, was how one character seemed to have  a major role in the finale completely out of nowhere. After looking into it, apparently there was supposed to be a 10th episode featuring that character, but it got cut, so now their episode is supposed to appear in season 2. Which will be weird, because we will already know the payoff to their story beforehand, lol

I think I'm going to alternate between the Defenders Saga stuff and the other MCU series slowly over the next while, starting with my rewatch of Daredevil Season 1 tomorrow. I remember having, um, very mixed thoughts on it before, so we'll see if it goes any better this time (I loved Jessica Jones Season 1, though, and even liked the one Daredevil Season 2 episode I watched before getting distracted by other stuff, so at least this is guaranteed to not be a total disaster, lol)

Edited by DippoMagoo - 13 Aug 2022 at 9:57pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 1:57am
I´m watching The Sandman, and it´s a pretty good show so far. I like that the episodes feature very different paces and characters. It´s definitely interesting so far.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 9:03am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I´m watching The Sandman, and it´s a pretty good show so far. I like that the episodes feature very different paces and characters. It´s definitely interesting so far.

Ended up finishing the show today, and I can definitely recommend it.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 10:45am
I just acquired the complete series of Deadwood (plus the movie) on Blu-Ray. I watched maybe half of the series years ago, but never got around to finishing it. I'll start back from the beginning as I revisit it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 42>
  Share Topic