MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 42>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 12:22am

Hawkeye, the one OG Avenger who always got upstaged in the movies, finally gets his own series to come into his own...and totally gets upstaged again. LOL

Enjoyed the six part series but man Hawkeye really cannot catch a break. Loved the character of Kate Bishop, Lucky the Dog and a certain surprising return from Netflix's ill fated MCU shows (which until last year I was sure had been de-canonized). 

Next on my show list I'm finally starting the final season of The Expanse. I'm also reading the final book at the same time, not that the show goes beyond book 6 (which sucks).

Also watching The Book of Boba Fett on the weekly, though I haven't seen yesterday's episode 2 yet. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 12:38am
^ I really enjoyed Hawkeye, and the new actor really nailed the Kate Bishop Hawkeye role. The old Netflix characters have been decreed as not part of the MCU which is why no-one has heard of them in the MCU (they take place like the old / new Sony and other platform series' in a parallel universe (multiverse)). Any Netflix characters that may later appear in the MCU are that universe's versions, but may look the same as what we may be seeing now Wink

I was going to be watching Witcher 2 now but decided instead to replay the first five series of Peaky Blinders. Always cracks me up with the London scenes as most of those take place in little old Bolton. The swanky club run by the Italians is a council building located across from the town hall. Which is also next to where Jim MacDonald in Coronation Street staged his bank robbery which is next to where he appeared in court, for those who watch that soap opera LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

^ I really enjoyed Hawkeye, and the new actor really nailed the Kate Bishop Hawkeye role. The old Netflix characters have been decreed as not part of the MCU which is why no-one has heard of them in the MCU (they take place like the old / new Sony and other platform series' in a parallel universe (multiverse)). Any Netflix characters that may later appear in the MCU are that universe's versions, but may look the same as what we may be seeing now Wink

Now you see that's what I thought was the deal, but I've seen sources that say differently more recently, including from the actor who plays the character who appears in Hawkeye (I don't really want to say his name for spoiler reasons). The MCU Wiki also writes up the character as a single canon between the two shows. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 3:26am
We’ll that’s news if true.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 1:55pm
Started the sixth and final season of The Expanse. The time I've caught up with the first five episodes the last one should be available. Two episodes in though and nothing seems familiar. I don't know if they're changing a lot or if book 6 just wasn't as memorable. Kind of sucks they're ending it though. There's still three books to come and I'm currently reading number nine. Doubly sucks that Alex is gone. The Expanse doesn't feel right without the core four intact. I'd honesty have preferred they recast him than kill him off.
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 2:55pm
Started watching Lilyhammer. Damn funny:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1958961/

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 2:16am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Started watching Lilyhammer. Damn funny:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1958961/

Loved that!

Really stupid, but funny as fuck!
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 7:29am

I saw a couple episodes of it back in the day on Toonami but never watched all of it. Now that the complete season is on Netflix, I can.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 1:49pm
Last episode was today:

I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't watched it yet, but I really hope Mandalorian fans are watching this as from episode 5 it becomes much less spin-off and more like The Mandalorian season 2.5. A surprising amount of real integral Mandalorian plot development happens in this show...stuff that would cause anyone some real WTF moments if they were to jump straight to the upcoming season 3. 
GG2U

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 2:53pm
^ watching that series too. one of the greatest monster vs robot scenes ever on latest episode
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 5:29pm

I just finished Series 4 Part 1. Can't wait for Part 2! Such a big finish coming...

Also just finished series 2 of this. My only criticism is the series are too short!

DeathofMan View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathofMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 12:22am

House is secretly a hilarious comedy
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Also just finished series 2 of this. My only criticism is the series are too short!

I'm watching this one nowadays too. It is quite good so far!
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 2:01am

Just finished season 2. Geralt doesn't say "fuck" near enough, but other than that an amazing series.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 11:07am
Midway through season 8 of Supernatural. My wife and I take breaks between seasons and watch other shows, which means that everytime we return to Supernatural it always feels like coming home. Great and relatively innocent monster hunter series. Not completely unlike Buffy and Angel, which I loved too back then.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 4:09pm

Just finished series 2. I've loved Matt Smith as Prince Philip, so it's a shame they have to go for older actors as the series progresses. And I know it's a dramatization and sometimes completely fictional, but I've still loved how it's tied in with so much 20th century history. but 
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 9:49pm

Razor sharp and hilarious. I've never sat down and watched it properly, and it's better than I remembered.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 12:21am
I remember watching the first season of The Thick of It and loving Capaldi's role, but I could never really get on with the whole fly on the wall format. 

Returned to UK screens yesterday for season 2:

GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 12:26pm
Just watched episode 1:

GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Just finished series 2. I've loved Matt Smith as Prince Philip, so it's a shame they have to go for older actors as the series progresses. And I know it's a dramatization and sometimes completely fictional, but I've still loved how it's tied in with so much 20th century history. but 

I´m watching this one too, when my mother-in-law comes to visit. We´ve just begun watching season 4. It´s a great show.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 42>
  Share Topic