MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 42>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 5:25am
^Dark started out strong, but I lost interest a Little along season 3. I thought it ended alright though.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 4:16pm
Just finished:
Swamp Thing Poster
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8362852/?ref_=tt_mv_close

Started out really strong, ended up a little mediocre and stale.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 4:19pm
Just started Truth Seekers on Prime. Seems intriguing after the first episode. Can't go wrong with a bit of Pegg and Frost although this is atypical for them with Frost as the star and Pegg only playing a supporting role. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 4:30pm
^Yeah that is actually a bit unusual.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 3:05pm
Started re-watching Black Sails again last night. Always meant to go through it again. There's a severe lack of pirate themed stuff out there, especially grounded in reality stuff.  
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 1:59pm
I´m at season 5 of Supernatural. Being a big Buffy and Angel fan, and Supernatural being a similar type of show, I love it. It´s not a particularly deep show or anything like that, but it´s good entertainment and both me and my wife enjoy it greatly.

I´ve also begun watching season 2 of The Boys. Now that is a great show too.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 5:11pm
Surprised to see that all ten episodes of the second half of Vikings final season have dropped in one go to Prime - it's always been weekly before. I'll definitely be getting through that soon as I can. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 12:19am
I just watched the first episode of The Watch.

I'm a big fan of Sir Terry, and I have to say that none of the previous attempts to bring Discworld to life , both animated and live action, have been less than satisfactory and this also fails absolutely. This isn't Discworld and it isn't Ankh-Morpork.

But I loved this.

If you aren't too precious about what this was originally based on, it's actually pretty good. The cyberpunk/steampunk setting is interesting, and the comedy is pretty good - it's more Red Dwarf than Discworld. A lot of the criticism aimed at this show has focused on supposed "casting for diversity", which has seen races and genders changed, but the Discworld books were often like that too (add in species and undead rights too) - Monstrous Regiment, Witches Abroad, Soul Music...

I can't see this lasting too long as a series because of the backlash, so I'm going to make the most of it while I can.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 2:39pm
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Just finished this today. Easily the best series I've seen for a while. I'm definitely going to have to pick up the follow-up movie and then watch the new series on Netflix (not psyched over the change in animation style though). 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 4:29pm
GG2U

Necrotica View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 7:53pm
I'm fully caught up on Attack on Titan now... what an incredible show! I really hope they don't pull a Game of Thrones and ruin the ending though; they're so close to wrapping things up, at least if this last season is 16 episodes as we're led to believe 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 7:57am
Just finished the second season of His Dark Materials. After having a hard time enjoying the first seasons, because I always liked the film a lot, and I just couldn´t identify with the new actors, season 2 has helped me to enjoy the series more, as I didn´t know the plot, and it made it easier for me to accept the new actors.
mrblond View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrblond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 2:13am
I've just started "The Queen's Gambit". After seen episodes 1 and 2, I can say it is relatively good. The regime propaganda is not very high for now. The main character is very well portrayed by this young actress (Anya Taylor-Joy).

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 11:39am
The I-Land Poster
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9067020/

If you think a combination of Hunger Games and Lost sounds great, this might be down your alley. I found it reasonably entertaining, but not excellent...

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:35am
Finally had time to watch Love, Deaths + Robots. and I found this animated series very entertaining. In fact I ended up binge watching all 18 episodes in one sitting:
Love, Death &amp; Robots Poster
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9561862/
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 10:10am
Just finished the first season of "Raised By Wolves". Classic Ridley Scott sci-fi. Definitely worth watching, although the very last scene didn´t convince me much.
Raised by Wolves Poster
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9170108/
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Finally had time to watch Love, Deaths + Robots. and I found this animated series very entertaining. In fact I ended up binge watching all 18 episodes in one sitting:
Love, Death &amp;amp; Robots Poster

I love this series. I've watched it in full twice and select episodes three times. I'm really hoping that they make more. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 1:08am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Love, Death &amp;amp;amp; Robots Poster

I love this series. I've watched it in full twice and select episodes three times. I'm really hoping that they make more. 

I´m usually not that interested in animation, but I liked the short format and the different styles of each episode.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 12:53pm
I just finished the final season of Vikings this morning and now I feel a bit sad that it's over. It's been so long now since I first started watching Vikings and it was a few seasons in even then, but it lost nothing across six seasons. I'm sorely tempted to watch it all again from start to finish, once I clear a few other ongoing series / long overdue catch ups. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 42>
  Share Topic