MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 42>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 2:16pm
I'm half way through Stranger Things 3 now. I might have finished it by now but I've had to be doing a lot of downloading to reinstall my games after my hard drive failure. Can't get a good picture on Netflix while downloading. It's been pretty great so far though. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 4:37pm
^That sucks, about the hard drive. And yeah, I find with Steam especially, if I'm downloading something it really slows down my internet, and makes it tough to watch videos on any site, tbh. Steam seems to use up a ton of bandwidth, when downloading or updating games.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 1:54am
What sucks the most is that it lulled me into a false sense of security. When my PC started making a funny noise, my first instinct was not to rule out one of the fans rather than a drive, so I immediately cleaned my computer Wednesday morning.

The noise completely stopped for the rest of that day and didn't reoccur on Thursday either. I assumed that I was correct about it being a cleaning issue by that point. 

Then early Thursday afternoon I suffered a full PC lock-up while playing Far Cry New Dawn. I knew it wasn't a normal random game freeze as I couldn't CTRL-ALT-DEL out of the game. The PC worked unresponsively for the rest of the session, than finally couldn't boot after the next restart. 

My old drive is now completely dead with no chance of rescuing any files. 

It's a shit happens situation but what's pissing me off the most right now is that now I've made the plunge to Windows 10, the Witcher 3 no longer runs smoothly! I've reapplied all the tweaks that allowed flawless 60FPS on Windows 7 even in Novigrad, but on Windows 10 the microstutter won't go away. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 1:17pm
Finished this week are the current season of Brooklyn 99 and the final season of iZombie.

I thought Brooklyn 99 wasn't as strong this season. Some good moments but overall it lacked something they older seasons had. 

I like iZombie's final season but it hasn't been as good since the first two seasons. As soon as the zombie's were 'out' it lost something IMO. 

With those clear I'll be working through the final season of Bates Motel at last (I did not really dig season 4 so much which is why I have dragged through it but season 5 seems promising). Then I might finally get on Orange is the New Black's final season. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 1:02am

Finished season 3 of Daredevil, which I found really good, and started watching Iron Fist.

About halfway through Happy! and season 3 of Jessica Jones too.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:55am
Watched almost the full first episode of season 1 of Another Life, but I couldn´t finish the episode. Bad acting, bad writing, and even worse CGI. I can´t see this one getting better, and I´ve decided to pass on watching the rest.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 1:00pm
I finally finished Bates Motel a few days ago (it only took me nine months LOL ). Just knuckled down and did the rest of the final season in one go. Good series overall despite my getting drawn away from it (no fault of its own) more than once, though how they treated the actual Psycho material was kinda a WTF moment. But I guess they had to change it because everyone knows what happens in the shower in Psycho even people who haven't seen Psycho. 

I've just started two more series since then: Orange is the New Black's final season and The Bridge (the original Swedish/Danish one). Orange feels a little off to me this season with Piper out of prison. The whole dynamic has changed and the show doesn't feel quite right to me. The Bridge, two episodes in, is bloody excellent though. 
GG2U

vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 7:03pm
I am re watching the invader Zim episodes before I watch the new movie. I am so happy invader Zim returned for a movie
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 10:18am
Just watched the last episode of the German Netflix series Dark. I´m a fan. People interested in movies/tv-shows about time travel should definitely Watch it:

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 10:23am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I finally finished Bates Motel a few days ago (it only took me nine months LOL ). Just knuckled down and did the rest of the final season in one go. Good series overall despite my getting drawn away from it (no fault of its own) more than once, though how they treated the actual Psycho material was kinda a WTF moment. But I guess they had to change it because everyone knows what happens in the shower in Psycho even people who haven't seen Psycho. 

I've just started two more series since then: Orange is the New Black's final season and The Bridge (the original Swedish/Danish one). Orange feels a little off to me this season with Piper out of prison. The whole dynamic has changed and the show doesn't feel quite right to me. The Bridge, two episodes in, is bloody excellent though. 

I enjoyed Bates Motel too. I was actually surprised how much I liked it. But yeah it´s pretty far from the original Psycho movie.

I felt the same as you about the last Season of Orange is the New Black. The show could just as well have ended after the last season with Piper leaving jail. It ended up overstaying its welcome, and that´s too bad, because it started out a brilliant show.

Even though The Bridge (Broen in Danish) is a Danish/Swedish show, I was never that interested. I´ve seen a couple of episodes, but I guess I´m just not thrilled about that type of series.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 2:10pm
Finished the first two seasons of Happy. Damn it´s a crazy tv-series, but I like it:
Happy! (2017)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 2:11pm
Beautiful, exciting and just very well made. I loved the first season, and damn those Skeksis are evil :https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6905542/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (2019)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 11:59pm
There's a few series/seasons that I really ought to try to get finished this side of Xmas:

The Bridge season 2 - great show but lost track of season 2 while I had limited time on extra Amazon Prime video channels that had to take priority. I picked it up again last week.

Orange is the New Black season 7 - I can't believe it's taking me so long to get through this one. I binged season 6 in a couple of days. I still enjoy the show but I feel it lost some of its dynamic after season 6's surprise ending. 

Arrow season 8a - two episodes to go, then who knows what the status of Crisis on Infinite Earths is in the UK. 

The Flash season 6a - ditto, except I've just got one episode to watch. 

I've also just started season 4 of The Expanse. The first two episodes were very good but they have moved more away from the books in this one, which is very disappointing. There should be a couple of characters in this arc of the story that have previously been introduced in the show, who have suddenly been replaced by new characters which removes any level of previous familiarity that the main characters should have with them. There's also been at least one recast with the switch to Prime, that I've seen so far. But it does seem a small price to pay for actually getting this season at the same time as the US, when previously we've been shafted for months on end in the UK.
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 2:18pm
Just finished watching the 3 seasons of Hemlock Grove. I was semi-satisfied watching season 1, but it started going downhill in season 2 and season 3 was pretty horrible:

Hemlock Grove (2013)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 3:06pm
^ That was the first show I watched when we got Netflix and I feel much the same about it. It became a drag to finish. If there were more than three seasons I would probably have not stuck it out. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 7:29pm
I haven't been watching much lately (aside from some anime) but I plan on binging through The Witcher over the next couple of days. I want to watch through as quickly as I can, without seeing any other reactions to it, form my own opinion, and then see how other people feel about it afterwards. I actually think it looks pretty promising, though, tbh.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 12:07pm
5 episodes in so far, and while the show certainly isn't perfect, I'm enjoying a lot, overall. Reviews seem mixed, with a lot of folks calling it confusing to follow, unless you're heavily invested. As someone who's played parts of the first two games and all of The Wild Hunt, without reading any of the books, I'd say around 75-80% of the scenes make perfect sense to me, and for the most part, there's enough contextual clues to indicate time jumps (I could tell Yen's plot was several decades apart from the others fairly easily, for example, just by paying close attention to names and details.) 

My main complaint is that the show at times doesn't know what it wants to be, in that Yen and Ciri mostly follow their own ongoing plots, while Geralt has largely been relegated to "monster of the week" stuff, so far. I keep hoping there's eventually a full on plot that takes over, but so far, it hasn't really materialized, which is annoying. 

Henry Cavill as Geralt is good, not great, imo. He looks fine, and pulls off a Doug Cockle impersonation fairly well, but his performance lacks a bit of a spark. Frey Allan as Ciri is kinda average, but Anya Chalotra as Yen is the big standout, imo. I know we were worried she was too young for the character, but the choice makes a lot more sense when watching the show, and she plays the character perfectly. The only real miscast for me is Triss. She...... Doesn't fit the character, at all LMAO
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 12:12pm
I haven't started The Witcher yet. I have three episodes of The Expanse season 4 to go and 2 of the final season of Arrow (interest has dropped because we're getting so shafted on the crossover here in the UK). 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 12:17pm
I'll be interested to hear what you think, when you do get around to it, since I know you're much more invested in the series than I am. You've read most/all of the books, in addition to playing all three games, right?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 12:20pm
There's one book which was written a bit later that I haven't read yet - Seasons of Storms. I've read all the main series and shorts. It was a while ago for some of them (before Wild Hunt was released) but I think I recall most of it. References in the games helps. 

I still think I'm going base how well it's done by how much I can't stand Yen though. If Yen is likeable in it I'll know it's failed. LOL
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 42>
  Share Topic