MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 42>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:05am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Game of Thrones is (finally) back, though tonight's episode was kinda meh, and mostly just setup. Even for a premiere, it lacked excitement, imo, aside from a couple good scenes. It better pick up big soon, considering there's only five episodes left.

Agreed. Guess that have to set up the plot before they can break loose. Previews for next week seem to show the dead ready to eat the living. Anxiously awaiting dragon on dragon action!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 10:55am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

This is how the series creator described it: 'Same apocalypse, different story. ...it is earlier in the same apocalypse. Things haven't got weird yet.'

Still pretty odd. The zombies are slow in Z Nation, and they are fast in Black Summer.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

This is how the series creator described it: 'Same apocalypse, different story. ...it is earlier in the same apocalypse. Things haven't got weird yet.'

Still pretty odd. The zombies are slow in Z Nation, and they are fast in Black Summer.

Sounds to me then that they've created some serious continuity issues with it. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:31pm

Yeah it was all preamble. A far cry from the 'movie length episodes' we were promised for the final season.

It's the last four episodes that are all supposed to be around 80 minutes.  Looks like next week is more setup, and then episode 3 should finally be the big epic battle they've been hyping up forever: It's listed as 82 minutes, and has the same director as the episodes "Hardhome" and "Battle of the Bastards", so that's a pretty good sign we'll finally see the true battle for the north, then.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 15 Apr 2019 at 1:37pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 10:06am
Just finished season 2 of Jessica Jonas, and yeah it was not as great as the brilliant season 1, but I still enjoyed it. Me and my wife have now started watching Luke Cage.
Krysten Ritter in Jessica Jones (2015)
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:34pm
I wanna watch season 2 of that, but my attempts at getting into any of the other shows in that set failed completely, so I'm not sure if I'll ever get to it, even though I loved season 1.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 11:51pm
I've still not watched The Punisher season 2. The fact that they've routinely cancelled every one of the MCU shows has really killed my interest in bothering with the remaining seasons given how much they've left already unresolved with Luke Cage and Iron Fist in particular. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 10:24am
^Well at least Jessica Jones is finished, so there don´t necessarily need to be a third season.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 12:53pm
It's getting a third season, actually, but that will be it. From what I understand, it's perfectly fine to watch season 2 without watching the other shows, as long as I've seen season 1, right? Because I really can't stand Daredevil, and probably wouldn't like Iron Fist or most of the others, either.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 1:45pm
I really don't remember much about JJ season 2 other than how bored I was with it. 

I will probably watch The Pubisher at a point when I have less shows I'm actively keeping up with, but I might just skip Jessica Jones 3. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

It's getting a third season, actually, but that will be it. From what I understand, it's perfectly fine to watch season 2 without watching the other shows, as long as I've seen season 1, right? Because I really can't stand Daredevil, and probably wouldn't like Iron Fist or most of the others, either.
I haven´t seen any of the other shows (only just started watching Luke Cage), and I had no problem watching Season 2 of Jessica Jones.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 12:51am
Much like the movies viewing order does matter to a certain degree but less for some seasons than others. Officially the viewing order should be:

Daredevil 1
Jessica Jones 1
Daredevil 2
Luke Cage 1
Iron Fist 1
The Defenders
The Punisher 1
Jessica Jones 2
Luke Cage 2
Iron Fist 2
Daredevil 2
The Punisher 2
Jessica Jones 3

The only definite viewing order required is though:

Everything pre-Defenders before The Defenders
Jessica Jones 1 before Luke Cage 1
Daredevil 2 before The Punisher 1

Everything else is minor character crossover appearances: Iron Fist appears in Luke Cage season 2, for instance for one episode. Misty Knight from Luke Cage appears in Iron Fist season 2 for multiple episodes. Karen Page from Daredevil also appears in The Punisher. There may be some references to events in other series when these crossovers happen, but I think you'll get away with it.  
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 3:27am
Just finished season 5 of Z Nation. It was alright, but I feel the quality and my interest in the show is declining.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 12:01pm
^ Well that's the end of the show anyway. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 12:25am

^If that´s true, it´s an upen ended close to the show. I´d like just a Little bit more closure.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 5:10am
Me too. It's honestly a been a bit unclear on whether that's how they intended to end it or not. I distinctly remember reading before it aired that season 5 was designed as the final season - ending on its own terms in other words. Then towards the end of its US airing it was reported as being cancelled, which is definitely not the same thing. It didn't feel properly resolved to me, especially Roberta Warren's story arc. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 8:19am
Just finished season 1 of Black Summer. It was a pretty good Zombie show in the more serious department. Pretty damn unpleasant sometimes. The characters are forced to do some pretty ugly stuff to survive. In that regard it´s a bit like The Walking Dead, only in Black Summer the Zombies are fast and a hell of a lot more scary IMO.

They make great use of sound effects throughout the first season, and it has great effect.

Edited by UMUR - 28 Apr 2019 at 8:20am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 10:48am
Well Game of Thrones...not really sure how I say anything about it without any spoilers. Suffice to say, the build-up of the first two episodes was well and truly over. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 10:59am
I'm a bit torn on it. I think they could have done a bit more with it, but I still thought it was easily the best episode of television I've seen in at two years, which honestly isn't saying a whole lot LOL

I thought it was brilliantly filmed and had some amazing scenes, but I do agree with the most common complaint: It was really hard to see what was happening at times. I thought it was my laptop screen causing problems, because somehow the program I used for color settings stopped working a few weeks ago and everything looks a bit off now, but honestly, the episode looked like the kind of thing you'd expect from a bad torrent of a movie or something, it was that awful looking. And apparently, it wasn't just me, so it obviously wasn't my laptop's fault, after all.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 11:26am
Just started watching The Umbrella Academy!!! Damn it looks promising.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 42>
  Share Topic