MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 42>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 3:31pm
I've reached season 7 of Weeds now. Taking a while to get through it since I've been watching a lot more films lately but I'm still enjoying it all the way. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 4:37am
Grrr..no Lucifer for another two weeks yet again. Angry Really don't know what it's US network is playing at. This season could have been finished weeks if not months ago if they just got their act together and aired it in a logical manner. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 12:22am
Z Nation season 3 is finally on Netflix as of today. Hug
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 1:00am
So Arrow has been so interesting lately that I forgot it was on this week even after watching the other three shows. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 1:02am
I've read spoilers about what's been happening, and I sure don't regret dropping it. Sounds absolutely pathetic. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 1:53am
Started watching, and it looks promising. People who have read the books, say that the writers have taken quite a few liberties, and that it´s a bit annoying, but if you (like me) haven´t read the books, this is highly recommendable sci-fi.

Altered Carbon (2018)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 2:29am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Started watching, and it looks promising. People who have read the books, say that the writers have taken quite a few liberties, and that it´s a bit annoying, but if you (like me) haven´t read the books, this is highly recommendable sci-fi.

Altered Carbon (2018)

I really enjoyed this one. I have not read the books yet, though I did recently pick up the whole trilogy in a second hand shop. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 1:37am
So as I predicted, Fox in the US has cancelled Lucifer. So I really hope that the season 3 finale offers some kind of resolution to the story otherwise I'm going to be really pissed.

I am pissed though that The Expanse has also been cancelled but I cannot say I'm really surprised. This series has been marketed terribly, especially internationally, from day one. This seems to be one of those cases where they complain not enough people are watching the series to renew it while simultaneously not allowing other countries to have it until months after the US. Absolutely fucking lame. I hope that Netflix, who brand it as an Original in the UK, have the sense to rescue it. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 2:41am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Altered Carbon (2018)

I really enjoyed this one. I have not read the books yet, though I did recently pick up the whole trilogy in a second hand shop. 
After finishing the first season, I ended up being a Little less impressed than I initially was. The SGI was great and there were other nice Things (such as the virtual torture thing Clap), but the story...meh....
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 2:41am
I´m watching Homeland. My and my wife are well into season 4 at this point. I enjoy the show.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:17am
Fox cancelled Lucifer. A shame, since it seems the show has a following. Maybe the show will be saved somehow. 

The show was also quite good, I hope the show was not cancelled because of some political correctness or because some people found it offensive or something, it would be lame to be honest. 
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:19am

I´m watching Homeland. My and my wife are well into season 4 at this point. I enjoy the show.
Homeland is the best thing on tv in my book. Just finished the latest series and it’s topical and very well acted. Love it.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:59am
Originally posted by LittleBig LittleBig wrote:

Fox cancelled Lucifer. A shame, since it seems the show has a following. Maybe the show will be saved somehow. 

The show was also quite good, I hope the show was not cancelled because of some political correctness or because some people found it offensive or something, it would be lame to be honest. 

I've heard two reasons given for its cancellation so far. The first I heard was that Fox wants to focus on NFL and doesn't have room in their schedule for these shows anymore and the other one was because of ratings. Which may have been better if they hadn't messed around with showing the series so much during season 3. The amount of breaks in it was ridiculous. It makes me wonder if they weren't actively sabotaging it to have an excuse to cancel to be honest.

GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:07am
I have just a few episodes of Weeds left after having been watching it for well over two months. I've really enjoyed the whole series but I also think I will be glad to have finally completed it. 

I've also recently started watching the final season of The Strain after Sky added to their boxsets. Once I've done both of these I might finally get around to Jessica Jones season 2 and then Luke Cage season 2 when it drops next month. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:39pm

I´ve started watching this show, which consists of individual stories in each episode although all episodes are thematically connected. I´ve watched the first five episodes and I´m sold. Pretty great show:

Black Mirror (2011)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I have just a few episodes of Weeds left after having been watching it for well over two months. I've really enjoyed the whole series but I also think I will be glad to have finally completed it. 

I've also recently started watching the final season of The Strain after Sky added to their boxsets. Once I've done both of these I might finally get around to Jessica Jones season 2 and then Luke Cage season 2 when it drops next month. 
I really loved watching Weeds too, but I too was content it didn´t last longer. The last season felt a bit forced tying the Lose ends.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 8:26am
Yeah I felt the final season was the weakest as well and seven a bit lesser than previous ones too. I think I preferred the show in what I've been thinking of as its original incarnation, meaning the first three seasons in Agrestic. I also really enjoyed the Mexican border setting and I think that the reinvention was a good thing for a show, but it started to lose something starting with season 6, partly I think because Celia abruptly disappeared with no in show explanation after season 5 seemingly set her up for a big storyline in season 6. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 8:27am
Also just found out that Amazon has saved The Expanse. Not sure what this means for season 3 in the UK since it is branded as a Netflix original but I hope this may mean we actually get to see it sooner. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 11:28am
Watched the first half of the fourth and final season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt in (almost) one session today. The third episode marked an unusual departure from the format of the show - to mixed results IMO - but the other five episodes retained the balance of absurdity and satirical look on how ridiculous modern culture can be that has always made this show excellent. On one hand I think it's good that it's choosing to end after a respectable number of seasons on its own terms (Lucifer still hasn't been rescued from cancellation despite massive support on the petition and social media movements), but I will definitely miss new episodes of this show once they end it. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 2:32pm
^ I'm looking forward to watching the new episodes. I'm really fond of the series too and was actually unaware that it was ending after the fourth. I think that's a shame considering how long they run series like The Big Bang Theory, which hasn't been nearly as funny for several seasons now. Maybe that's what they're ending Kimmy after four, but I can't help but think they could get at least five out of it without ruining it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 42>
  Share Topic