MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 42>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 3:34pm

The End of the F**king World.

Very funny, very black, quite thought provoking.
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:02pm
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BYWM0NTFmNTAtNjY4MS00NjAxLThmZWYtMTIzMDE5ZTNlZDdhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,680,1000_AL_.jpg

Just finished watching this series. So hilarious and bizarre LOL Looking forward to season 3!
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:57pm
The Arrowverse shows are back for me this week, but man do I ever wish they weren't. I still have Arrow to watch (but I have no doubt it'll be garbage) but holy fuck was The Flash ever one of the most insultingly bad episodes of television I've seen in my entire life. It managed to feel incredibly rushed and painfully boring at the same time, and that's just the start of it. I won't go into details, but suffice to say, it had some of the stupidest writing and character decisions I've ever witnessed. I've just about had enough of this garbage plot line already. 

Supergirl was decent, if incredibly cliche and generic, but it at least showed some potential in the second half. That Flash episode, though, holy fuck.....

Edited by DippoMagoo - 21 Jan 2018 at 5:59pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 12:57am
Just watched Arrow, and as expected it was ludicrously bad. I'll give each show maybe a couple more episodes, but it may be time to drop them soon, because right now they're at a point where the writing has gotten unacceptably stupid, and both shows are pretty much unwatchable right now, to the point where I'm checking the time every 5 minutes or so, just hoping they'll end. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:35am
In the middle of season 2 of Orange is the New Black, and I really enjoy the show. Lots of the same humour as in Weeds, which was Kohans last show.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 9:23am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Just watched Arrow, and as expected it was ludicrously bad. I'll give each show maybe a couple more episodes, but it may be time to drop them soon, because right now they're at a point where the writing has gotten unacceptably stupid, and both shows are pretty much unwatchable right now, to the point where I'm checking the time every 5 minutes or so, just hoping they'll end. 

We don't even have them scheduled to come back yet in the UK that I know of. I'm not missing them too much. There's plenty on Netflix to watch instead. I've recently finished Lilyhammer and am a few episodes into season 2 of Van Helsing. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:31am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

We don't even have them scheduled to come back yet in the UK that I know of. I'm not missing them too much. There's plenty on Netflix to watch instead. I've recently finished Lilyhammer and am a few episodes into season 2 of Van Helsing. 
Lilyhammer worth watching?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:36am
I enjoyed it a lot. It's pretty funny and also it's not every TV show you'll get references to the Norwegian black metal scene included. 
GG2U

rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:55am
I just finished watching the four series of Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch on Netflix.  I'm torn as to whether or not I liked them or not and yet I kept watching them.  I sort of take issue with Holmes and Watson being cast in modern day London instead of in their time and it was kind of outlandish, but on the other hand the episodes were quite entertaining.  Is there any word as to whether they are going to do the 5th series?  Wikipedia says that one has been plotted out and that Benedict Cumberbatch is signed on to do a 5th series, but that they didn't know if they were going to film it or not.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 11:15am
I think once either the current run of Arrowverse shows is done for the season or I give up on them completely, I'm long over due for watching some stuff on Netflix. Stranger Things is top priority, and I may watch some of their Marvel shows as well, at some point. Any other originals on theire that are worth a look?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 11:41am

I think once either the current run of Arrowverse shows is done for the season or I give up on them completely, I'm long over due for watching some stuff on Netflix. Stranger Things is top priority, and I may watch some of their Marvel shows as well, at some point. Any other originals on theire that are worth a look?

With their Marvel shows just remember that they are all linked and need to be watched in order:

Daredevil Season 1
Jessica Jones Season 1
Daredevil Season 2
Luke Cage Season 1
Iron Fist Season 1
The Defenders (Mini-series crossover)
The Punisher Season 1

Upcoming:

Jessica Jones Season 2

Stranger Things is a great one, definitely worth watching.

I also like the following. Just remember that some titles branded as originals are co-productions and may be on another network for your country.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (comedy)
The Good Place (comedy)
Van Helsing (Vampire Horror)
Orange is the New Black (Adult comedy drama)
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (really absurd comedy)
The Expanse (Science Fiction)

GG2U

Hollier View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by adg21f1288 adg21f1288 wrote:

I watched Mr Nobody the other day. It's such a good movie I can't believe I didn't see it back when it came out. I can recommend it!

Edited by Hollier - 05 Nov 2021 at 10:51am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 12:42pm
From what Travis has been saying not much will be missed, but the scheduling debacle with the DC shows continues, with them not only not coming back on UK screens for another whole month (we'll be so far behind the US by that point it'll be ridiculous) but also it looks like Supergirl is getting completely shelved until March 19th, which I presume is because of the US fucking up their listings and Sky wants to show the whole second half in one hit (like the US should be) instead of starting one then shelving it for another. At least that's what I hope is the reason and they don't manage to screw the scheduling up even more.

Potential spoilers: Meanwhile I finished Van Helsing season 2 today. Overall an improved season compared to the rather slow first but I felt the second half of the season was weird because the main character only featured prominently in one episode and then only in the final scene of the season finale. Moreover the cliffhanger ending may even imply that she'll be the (likely unwitting) villain of season 3 if I'm interpreting it right, which I think would kinda suck, if you'll excuse the pun. 

Not sure what show I'm going to start next on Netflix. I'm watching comedy Brooklyn Nine Nine and am near the end of season one of that, but I usually have a comedy and a non-comedy show on the go at the same time. There's a new DC one that's not connected to the Arrowverse called Black Lighting that I may look at but it's weekly episodes, so not something to fill the void. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 2:54pm
That's some really messed up scheduling, for sure. I still haven't watched any of the three shows this week, despite them all being available for me since Friday afternoon. I definitely think I'm suffering a burnout now, and I think when I watch them tonight if I don't like any of them, I may just call it quits for a bit, and start slowly watching Stranger Things on Netflix. It wouldn't be the first time I suffered burnout from the shows (last time was after season 3 of Arrow, and then I never watched season 4 until season 5 had started, same with season 2 of The Flash.) Though, honestly, this burnout feels like it's possibly something bigger, in that basically anything with a story has been bothering me lately, like the new Star Wars shockingly falling flat for me, and even some RPG's I'm otherwise enjoying are annoying me with their generic storytelling, so I think this may just be a much bigger issue than anything I've had in the past.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 28 Jan 2018 at 2:56pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:59pm
Well, both shows managed to save themselves for now, at least. The Flash was a bit of a mixed bag, but I really loved the villains this episode, though it just goes to show how little I'm enjoying the current main plot, because this was by far the least plot heavy episode in quite a while, and easily my favorite since the crossover. Arrow had a few frustrating bits, but was still quite good on the whole and somewhat got my hopes up for the rest of the season. I think last week I was so pissed off with Flash and certain aspects of Arrow that I missed out on clues towards the direction this week's episode took, so I was pleasantly surprised by parts of it. 

Edited by DippoMagoo - 28 Jan 2018 at 10:59pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:59pm
Well, so much for that. I think I finally reached my breaking point with Arrow this week. Holy fuck was that ever terrible! I won't spoil it, but I once read a review of The Flash where the guy said he almost felt like there was a meta villain with powers to make the characters forget all the mistakes they've made previously, because that's the only way to possibly explain their continuous terrible decisions. Well, suffice to say I not only agree with that, but I think it applies to other CW shows as well, especially Arrow. I can get that the villain this year is so supposed to be smart, but it's just absolutely impossible to accept some of the decisions that have been made by characters on the show lately. It's unbelievably idiotic at this point. It's like instead of actually coming up with a clever plan for the villain, they're simply doubling down on everything the shows have done wrong in the past. Ugh!

I may continue with Supergirl and maybe even The Flash, but I think that's it for Arrow, because I never see it recovering from the garbage this season has been. Tbh, I've been dreading watching the shows each week for a while now, so dropping at least Arrow and possibly everything but Supergirl is probably for the best at this point.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 04 Feb 2018 at 10:19pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 7:09am
I've been watching Altered Carbon on Netflix. I've done 8 of the 10 episodes and should finish it this evening. This has been one hell of a scj-fi series so far. I'm going to have to pick up the novel series its based on.

Also started watching Weeds this week and loving it. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 10:33pm
I'm now 100% officially done with the CW shows. After Arrow was awful as hell two weeks ago (I did in fact not even watch last week) Supergirl frustrated me last week and The Flash pulled off an episode that made its one I initially called the worst ever almost seem genius in comparison. Whether it's me overreacting or not, the one thing clear is the shows are getting increasingly tougher for me to enjoy, and I'm obviously sick of the CW formula at this point.

The coming two weeks I'll be very busy with games, but after that I'll finally start on Stranger Things to see how that goes, then I'll slowly watch some other Netflix shows, since I don't have any other shows I watch regularly now, at least on my own (I watch a couple with my mom.) Honestly, though,  I wouldn't be shocked if I'm just sick of TV shows in general, because I find when you have a certain amount of episodes to tell a story, you inevitably fall into predictable formulas that just get incredibly dull and boring over time,  to the point where it gets to be unwatchable, which is what finally happened to me with all the CW shows.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 12:34am
The trouble with the CW shows Travis is that they are designed as one episode a week mainstream TV. They suffer from the same problem most shows like that suffer from: the villain of the week formula. 

Watch the Marvel shows on Netflix starting with Daredevil season 1. You'll notice one hell of a difference in storytelling formula and overall tone. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 1:08am
It's not just the villain of the week formula, though: Even the main season long arcs have terribly predictable formulas, where they'll tease at something big happening, but if it's not either a season finale or midseason finale, you know it'll never amount to much, because the plot has to stretch for the whole season. It's that, and the constant need to have the characters do unbelievably stupid things that just got to be too much for me to take. 

I've seen two episodes of Daredevil and it seemed interesting. I'll give it a shot at some point, but I sawa spoiler for the finale of The Defenders, and it sounded unbelievably stupid, so that doesn't make me too excited for any of the other shows in that universe. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 42>
  Share Topic