MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 42>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 9:23am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Watching Bates Motel and liking it.

In the middle of season 3 now, and it´s a really great show. My wife loves it too.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:37pm

Watching Bates Motel and liking it.

In the middle of season 3 now, and it´s a really great show. My wife loves it too.
Just finished all five seasons of Bates Motel, and it was a pretty damn great show:

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 3:48pm
Put my Daredevil run on hold briefly to re-watch the first season of Stranger Things in preparation for season 2 dropping next week. Last episode and will resume Daredevil season 2 after that, followed by the next of the Marvel shows on the list: Luke Cage.

On the other DC front, the Arrowverse shows returned to UK screens this week. A quick summary of my thoughts:

Supergirl: Thought this was the typical setup/catch up episode that TV shows like to have just in case we're all idiots who forgot everything that happened in the previous season. 

The Flash: I've a strong opinion here that this show really missed a trick to change its dynamic a bit by getting Barry back just one episode later. I know six months have passed in show time, but I think the first part of these season may have been more interesting if Barry had remained out of the picture a while longer. I know it's Barry's show, but still, they run these seasons for what, 23 episodes a time? I'm sure they could have managed a few without him to explore how the team, especially Wally, coped without him. Also can't believe they're doing the Caitlyn/Killer Frost thing again already. That storyline should really have run its course by now. 

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: Daft as ever and that about sums up the whole episode. Thought Rip was a bit of an arsehole in this episode as well.

Arrow: Actually really liked the episode, even if The Flash had spoiled that two characters survived the previous season's cliffhanger already. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 4:40pm
I still need to get caught up on Supergirl and Arrow: I have both episodes of the former, but haven't watched them yet, though I will on the weekend, and for Arrow I've seen the premiere but not the second episode, yet. Based on what I have seen:

The Flash: Yeah, I agree they wasted a big opportunity there. They definitely should have had at least a couple episodes at the start of the season where we occasionally got scenes with Barry coming to terms with his decision, while Wally attempts to do his work for him in Central City. Obviously, Barry was always going to have to be back after a few episodes at the latest, because the show can't exist for a long time without him, but I do think they rushed it big time. I definitely feel Wally's wasted on the show. In fact, I read comments on reviews of the episode where they talked about how Wally is supposedly a big deal in the comics, like some people hold him in almost as high a regard as Barry, but obviously as someone who doesn't read the comics, I always just think of him as a minor character, because that's certainly all he is to me. It's like the show has no clue what to do with him. Despite that, I still somewhat enjoyed the premiere, though it feels like their attempts to make the show lighthearted and fun again have led to some extra stupid plotting and behavior from the characters in both episodes so far. Episode 2 was more successful overall, aside from a couple really stupid parts (Wally is absolutely useless, as always, and they're already returning to bad habits I'd wished they'd leave behind for a while) but it definitely feels like the show isn't in top form right now.

Legends: I've seen people complain that all Arrowverse shows failed to capitalize on their cliffhangers from last season (except Supergirl, I guess, because it didn't really have much of a cliffhanger,) but I disagree, aside from The Flash. In this case, I quite like the effect the finale had, because obviously they couldn't do a full season where the whole world was completely screwed up: They simply don't have the budget for it. So I think between the Time Bureau and anachronisms, it looks like they new have a new and fun way to stick with their typical case of the week approach for a bit, until the main villain of the season shows up. Both episodes so far were fun, and episode 2 especially was hilarious at times, and one of the better episodes of the series, imo.

Arrow: Another case where I disagree with most people. Obviously, I'm biased because I always tend to prefer this show over the others and last season especially was my favorite season of all the shows combined, but I actually like how almost everyone has been effected by the events of the finale in at least some way, even if none of the major characters died. I also thought the episode had a great mix between flashbacks, getting us caught up with the new status quo and giving us some great action sequences in the meantime. Obviously, I don't expect much to come from the cliffhanger at the end, but aside from that it was a great episode. 

Edited by DippoMagoo - 20 Oct 2017 at 4:49pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 1:02am
I was actually thinking with the whole Flash thing that they could even have kept Barry out of it until the next big crossover and made that all about his rescue. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 1:20am
Damn, South Park has been on a roll with the current season. It's a huge step up from the last couple seasons, and the old individual episode format is back and just as crazy and hilarious as ever. 
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 1:21am
Yeah, I was thinking either that or saving it for the midseason finale would have been cool. Either way, I at least wanted it to take a heck of a lot longer than it did, because they basically made the whole cliffhanger feel pointless with how quickly they resolved it.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 5:22pm
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2654620/

Just finished the series tonight. Season 1 was amazing, but it became a bit more mediocre as time went by. I´m glad they finished it after season 4.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 12:57am

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2654620/

Just finished the series tonight. Season 1 was amazing, but it became a bit more mediocre as time went by. I´m glad they finished it after season 4.

I haven't been able to see season 4 because even though it was made the UK channel that's showed 1 -3 suddenly decided they didn't want anything to do with season 4.
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 4:02am
^Too bad. You of course need to see the ending, when you´ve spend time watching the first three seasons Smile.

I liked The Strain, but there were Things about the show I found a bit amaturish. Overall it´s recommendable to those who´d like their vampire shows with a twist of zombie LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 1:05am
So, wake up this morning to find that some bastard has hacked my Netflix account. Angry

I've managed to get it back because the attached email hadn't been changed, but someone had managed to change my password already.
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 2:19am
^Sad pathetic human beings. I hate it when people hack into my accounts. I´ve had the same experiece with my son´s Roblox account. Makes me furious...
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 3:12am
Have binged series 1 of Stranger Things this weekend. Have series 2 ready to watch! Liked it a lot. Really love the 80s setting, and I used to play Dungeons and Dragons a bit too.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 3:29am
^ I've just finished season 2 this morning and found it just as good. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 3:25pm
Me and my wife are watching Stranger Things too. It looks promising after a couple of episodes.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 3:33pm
Aside from weekly Arrowverse shows here's what I have on-going right now:

The Walking Dead season 8 (obviously) - Enjoyed episode 1, looking forward to 2 tomorrow.

Luke Cage season 1 - put this on hold for Stranger Things season 2 put will be resuming this evening.

Colony season 2 - this finished a while back but I saved up the episodes to watch in quick succession. Not the most enthralling series but I'm sticking with it. 

Porridge 2017 Season 1 - Obviously not as good as Ronnie Baker in the original, but this reboot featuring the character's grandson hasn't been too bad.

Red Dwarf Season 12 - After a weak first episode the series has produced a trio of solid episodes since. Two more to go. 

The Shannara Chronicles Season 2 - After the first season was based directly on one of Terry Brook's novels, the second season has broke away in order to keep the same characters on the show. Two episodes in and we have characters showing up that in the books exist hundreds of years apart. I know this is going infuriate me though based on the first two episodes I think I'll be able to accept this as doing its own thing now as it does make a change of pace for a fantasy series being set in a post apocalyptic real world setting. Main bugger is the channel that shows it in the UK still only broadcasts in standard definition which looks really bad on our new 4K TV. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 4:09pm
Forgot, also following Lucifer season 3. Enjoying so far, but in some storylines they really need to get to the point already. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 1:23pm
It's been a while since I last commented on the Arrowverse shows, but we're several weeks in now so here goes. In case you're not up to date (with the UK) Travis then Spoiler alert, at least for Legends. 

General comment: I feel like these have all been spoiled for me slightly due to watching the Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Netflix. Their shorter seasons and one storyline per season style works much better in my view than the Arrowverse's villain of the week style. 

Supergirl: All I can say is mixed feeling so far. Neither upset nor blown away by anything. Honestly it still suffers from the changes made between season 1 and 2, and the disappeared characters that still remain unexplained. 

Flash: Generally decent, but some episodes have resorted to Legends of Tomorrow style ridiculous comedy to carry them through. Speaking of which...

Legends: This one seems to get more stupid every week. That is until the latest episode to air here: Return of the Mack. And (Spoiler alert) then they brought Damien Darhk back to life. Again. Talk about recycling storylines. 

Arrow: Probably the one doing the best so far this season. Not perfect, there are still a number of unanswered questions from last season's cliffhanger with several characters fates still unknown after five weeks back on air, but I'm finding myself looking forward to this show more than the others right now.

I'm looking forward to the crossover, which I hope will be handled better than the last one. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 2:58pm
I'm pretty sure I'm exactly caught up with you right now, on all the shows, since I still haven't seen the episodes that aired in North America this week. My take:

Supergirl: I thought it was going really great for the first four episodes, but then last week was pretty much awful in every possible way, so now I'm concerned. Obviously, they had to do what they did with one particular plot, due to the actress wanting out, but I thought it was handled in a very forced way, and Morgan Edge just seems like Maxwell Lord except less fun and more downright disgusting.

Flash: I've been pretty mixed on it so far. Episodes 3 and 4 were the high point in the early season, but then last week was awful, in large part because I simply can't stand this new team member they added in, so every scene he's in is pretty much unwatchable for me. I'm definitely hating a lot of the forced comedy, as a lot of it is more on the gross and crude side, which is not really what Legends does so much, imo.

Legends: Like with Supergirl, I had been loving it through four episodes, the fourth one in particular being one of my favorite episodes of the series, but then last week left me disappointed. I still enjoyed some of it, but between Rip being thrown out like garbage, pretty much, and Damien Dahrk being back for the millionth time, I'm a bit concerned about the rest of the season, now.

Arrow: This has actually been surprisingly mixed for me as well. I said I loved the season premiere, but then I didn't really like the second episode much, while 3 and 4 were better but still mixed. Last week was great, mostly due to Deathstroke, but I'm still not sure about the overall direction of the season at this point.

In case you couldn't tell, I've been struggling with the shows quite a bit this season, so far, and am starting to fear another burnout, like I had a couple years back. Honestly, last week's Flash and Supergril episodes were bad enough that if they don't dramatically improve by the midseason finale, I may end up dropping both of them.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 17 Nov 2017 at 3:00pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 9:40am
One week until the DC cross over for the UK. I know stateside is mid-way through it. Looking forward it, but got three more normal episodes first.

Just dropped in this thread to say that this week's Supergirl was cliche as fuck. Literally everything about the episode even. Spoiler warning just in case: Mon-El comes back but he's been gone much longer from his perspective than it has for Kara (cliche). He's also now married (cliche). Samantha finds out the truth about herself and immediately gets turned evil (cliche) and will likely be 'saved' by Supergirl at the end of the season (cliche). 

An unimaginative episode all around. Hope The Flash is better this evening when I watch it. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 42>
  Share Topic