MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 42>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 9:14pm
Oh wow, I actually liked a Legends episode for the first time since the crossover! Maybe the long break between watching it helped? Either way, it was the Camelot one, which I'm pretty sure you've seen already, Adam, as it came just before last break the show had. Was going to watch the next episode (which you probably haven't seen yet) but my internet it being uncooperative right now, so maybe tomorrow. I'm genuinely shocked that I actually had fun watching that last one, though, because it had felt like ages since the last time I liked that show.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 2:26am
Yeah that one was pretty good. I can't say I've outright hated any of this seasons episodes (for any of the shows) but some have definitely been better than others. 

Far as I know I should be getting the following episodes tonight:

Supergirl - Exodus
The Flash - The Wrath of Savitar

And on Thursday:

Legends - Land of the Lost

No Arrow this week. 

Edited by adg211288 - 14 Mar 2017 at 2:27am
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 9:41am
Should have all four DC's shows this week for once unless I've missed something. Musical week on The Flash which I'm not that excited about to be honest apart from the crossover element of it. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 10:39am
Yeah, all four were on for me last week. I found Supergirl incredibly boring and dumb, but aside from that it was a great week for the shows. I actually loved the musical, Arrow has been on a high again since the Prometheus reveal, and I've miraculously liked Legends four episodes in a row, with the last one being possibly my favorite.

Apparently three of the shows are going to be on a month long break after this week, and Legends ends next week. That actually works fine for me, though, as keeping up with them would be tough next month, due to my most anticipated game in years coming and by the time all shows are back I'll have plenty of time for them again.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 28 Mar 2017 at 10:44am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 2:34pm
Just watched episode 15 of Season 7 of The Walking Dead. Looking forward to watching the season finale NeXT week.

Finished this one a couple of days ago:

...and just started watching:

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 12:39pm
Just noticed in the US schedules that all the DC shows (not counting the shorter and finishing Legends) are going on another unnecessary break for about a month. One mid-season break is bad enough but this kind of two breaks shit really has to stop. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:23pm
Just finished this one. The story wasn´t particularly original, but the acting was great, and my attention was held throughout the shows 8 episodes.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 12:24am
Watching on Amazon Prime:

GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 2:53am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I´m a bit undecided after watching the trailer for this series...is it worth watching?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 3:05am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I´m a bit undecided after watching the trailer for this series...is it worth watching?

I like it, but I can't see it appealing too much unless you've an interest in the golden age of piracy and/or Treasure Island (which it's a prequel to). 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 4:19am

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I like it, but I can't see it appealing too much unless you've an interest in the golden age of piracy and/or Treasure Island (which it's a prequel to). 
ahh...then it´s probably not a series I´ll get my wife to Watch. Pirates and treasures...eh nope, won´t do.
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 11:26pm
Clone High!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 1:39am
I´m watching this one at the moment:

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 9:05am
On Amazon Prime, non-Arrowverse DC show:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4052886/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 10:02pm
Finally starting to get caught up on the Arrowverse shows, in time for their return this week. The Legends finale was mostly fun, if a bit messy, but it basically resorted to the same trick of writing Rip Hunter off again, which is pretty lame, I think. Still, the second half of the season mostly saved the show for me, and I think overall I liked it slightly more than season one. That ending tease was pretty funny, too.

Supergirl, though, was unbelievably infuriating. The whole plot with Mon-El's parents from the episode before was already boring and I am getting absolutely sick of this repetition where it's like one week him and Kara are off and then the next they're back on, which has been going on for seemingly half of the season now. It's like, just stop it already, we get the damn point! I thought for sure after that epic musical crossover that would be the end of the drama, but obviously I had no such luck. I almost hoped they would just write Mon-El off that episode, even though I kinda like him, just to end this stupid repetition, but sadly I had no such luck on that either. I hate to say it, but the show is almost losing me at this point, and after loving season one, I think this season has been absolutely painful to sit through over the last few weeks and I've gotten very little enjoyment out of it. If it doesn't pick up by the end of the season, I may drop it.

Still need to watch Arrow and Flash, but I hear the latter had another weak episode and that's another show that's been frustrating lately, because until they get the Savitar reveal over with, it feels like it's just going to keep stalling and apparently they once again teased it but never actually came out with it, so I'm hardly looking forward to watching that episode. Arrow's the only one of those shows I'm really into right now, so I'll save its episode for last and hope it can make up for how bad the others have been lately. 

Edited by DippoMagoo - 23 Apr 2017 at 10:03pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 9:29am
Just started watching:

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 2:53pm
Really enjoying The Last Kingdom series 2 and just started on Vikings series 4.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Finally starting to get caught up on the Arrowverse shows, in time for their return this week. The Legends finale was mostly fun, if a bit messy, but it basically resorted to the same trick of writing Rip Hunter off again, which is pretty lame, I think. Still, the second half of the season mostly saved the show for me, and I think overall I liked it slightly more than season one. That ending tease was pretty funny, too.

Supergirl, though, was unbelievably infuriating. The whole plot with Mon-El's parents from the episode before was already boring and I am getting absolutely sick of this repetition where it's like one week him and Kara are off and then the next they're back on, which has been going on for seemingly half of the season now. It's like, just stop it already, we get the damn point! I thought for sure after that epic musical crossover that would be the end of the drama, but obviously I had no such luck. I almost hoped they would just write Mon-El off that episode, even though I kinda like him, just to end this stupid repetition, but sadly I had no such luck on that either. I hate to say it, but the show is almost losing me at this point, and after loving season one, I think this season has been absolutely painful to sit through over the last few weeks and I've gotten very little enjoyment out of it. If it doesn't pick up by the end of the season, I may drop it.

Still need to watch Arrow and Flash, but I hear the latter had another weak episode and that's another show that's been frustrating lately, because until they get the Savitar reveal over with, it feels like it's just going to keep stalling and apparently they once again teased it but never actually came out with it, so I'm hardly looking forward to watching that episode. Arrow's the only one of those shows I'm really into right now, so I'll save its episode for last and hope it can make up for how bad the others have been lately. 

I think they're back next week for me, not sure. I may not be following them actively soon though because we're seriously considering dropping Sky TV in our household, which they're all on, due to the ridiculously high price they charge in comparison to their steadily rising competitors: we could have both Amazon Prime and Netflix for much less than Sky charges. Sky costs £528 a year. Amazon/Netflix would only be £169. There's a few other programs we'd have to wait for boxsets on like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead but that price difference justifies the wait. 

I have Prime already and have just started watching Vikings for the first time on it. Also got a month's trial of Netflix and am finally watching season one of The Expanse, which has been absolutely brilliant so far. There are a few things different to the book, such as some characters introduced earlier to flesh out their storylines and the odd new one added (including one played by the actor of Adam Jensen from Deus Ex - I was like I know that voiced, lol!) but other than that it's been extremely faithful. Like Game of Thrones season one level faithful. Just hoping that they haven't fucked it up with season 2, which must surely cover some of book 1 as well because I only have one episode left and there's no way they can fit the rest of the first book's events into a forty minute episode. Just hoping now that Netflix finally adds season two to their roster. It was reported ages ago that they had the rights, but the whole season has aired stateside already and UK hasn't even got episode 1 yet. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 12:31am
Game of Thrones is finally back, though only for 7 episodes this season. The premiere was slow as usual, but had a couple great scenes. I'm just glad the show's finally back, because it took longer than normal this year, and apparently season 8 may take even longer, despite being only 6 episodes.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 1:51am
Sunday evening's is Poldark night in our house - my Wife and Daughter insist.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 42>
  Share Topic