MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 42>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 1:53am
Finished my re-watch of True Blood yesterday. I like the whole series but can't help feeling that the early seasons were much stronger. Going though it all in one go also made me realise how many plot holes and abandoned story lines it has that I guess we're just supposed to forget about? I also think the final season left a lot of be desired in how they finished off certain character story arcs. 

Anyway no spoilers please since I know the US had it yesterday, but Walking Dead is back here in the UK tonight (I'm keeping off Facebook and news sites today just in case), along with the DC shows starting up again either this week or next, plus Westworld and The Strain still on-going, so I've got quite a few shows to keep up with all of a sudden. I'm a episode behind on The Strain but I'm really enjoying the third season so far. I think its been stronger than season two. Westworld seems to be moving the plot forward a bit too slow I think, though I'm still quite hooked to it. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 8:24am
^Out of the DC shows, Flash and Arrow are on week four for me already, and the other two are on week three, so that's weird if they're just starting for you now. I actually have only 5 episodes left of season 2 of The Flash now, and I've been liking that one quite a bit. I'll definitely be able to watch Legends of Tomorrow as well, but because Supergirl changed networks in between season and I can't find any legal streaming site that has season 1 in Canada, I might actually have to read detailed summaries of it and just start from scratch with season 2, which I'm sure would be a challenge.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 24 Oct 2016 at 8:24am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 8:30am
The thing is with Supergirl is that she exists in a different universe to the others (like Earth 1 and Earth 2 in The Flash) and it's much less dependant on the other shows. Barry accidentally visits that world towards the end of Supergirl season one but the crossover doesn't affect The Flash. You may have already seen a bit where Barry was running and briefly disappeared and reappeared, which is basically the only way The Flash acknowledges it happened. Season 2 will involve Supergirl herself more in the big crossover but apparently that's three episodes and not four, so Supergirl's storylines won't be affected by it. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 10:41am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Nope, is it worth watching (Narcos)?

Don't know. I still haven't started watching it yet!LOL
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 2:23pm
I've only really been watching South Park and Star Trek: The Original Series as of late. I do enjoy the new South Parks, but I can't say I really like the continuous story lines they've been doing lately. It's still funny and thought provoking, but I think they worked better as single episodes that weren't directly related to each other.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Finished my re-watch of True Blood yesterday. I like the whole series but can't help feeling that the early seasons were much stronger. Going though it all in one go also made me realise how many plot holes and abandoned story lines it has that I guess we're just supposed to forget about? I also think the final season left a lot of be desired in how they finished off certain character story arcs. 

Anyway no spoilers please since I know the US had it yesterday, but Walking Dead is back here in the UK tonight (I'm keeping off Facebook and news sites today just in case), along with the DC shows starting up again either this week or next, plus Westworld and The Strain still on-going, so I've got quite a few shows to keep up with all of a sudden. I'm a episode behind on The Strain but I'm really enjoying the third season so far. I think its been stronger than season two. Westworld seems to be moving the plot forward a bit too slow I think, though I'm still quite hooked to it. 
I agree on True Blood. The early seasons were stronger than the last couple of seasons, and especially the closing season wasn´t that great (still alright of course).

Just watched The Walking Dead Season 7 episode 1, and fuck me it´s brutal and sadistic. My wife almost couldn´t handle it Dead. I loved it. Nice surprises and I can´t wait for the next episode to air. (I hope that doesn´t reveal too much Adam Tongue).

My and my wife are also watching The Strain, and it´s definitely pretty good. I think I also agree on your point here about Season 3 being better than season 2. I don´t think it´s a perfect series though.

Still watching the UK version of Being Human. Now just started season 3. Both my and my wife enjoy it. Nice British humour and a nice amount of gore and horror too.

...oh and I just finished Season 1 of Ash vs Evil Dead a couple of days ago. Damn that show is great.

Edited by UMUR - 24 Oct 2016 at 2:32pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 4:41pm

The thing is with Supergirl is that she exists in a different universe to the others (like Earth 1 and Earth 2 in The Flash) and it's much less dependant on the other shows. Barry accidentally visits that world towards the end of Supergirl season one but the crossover doesn't affect The Flash. You may have already seen a bit where Barry was running and briefly disappeared and reappeared, which is basically the only way The Flash acknowledges it happened. Season 2 will involve Supergirl herself more in the big crossover but apparently that's three episodes and not four, so Supergirl's storylines won't be affected by it. 

Okay, I guess that's good to know in the event that I try Supergirl and don't like it. I actually had been planning on trying it for a while anyway, though, and this wouldn't be the first time I started a show already in progress without starting from the beginning, so it may still work out. Hopefully if I do like it I can eventually find a way to watch season 1.

I am basically caught up with both Arrow and The Flash now (just have the first three episodes of the current season for the latter) and while I have my complaints about both, they've mostly been enjoyable. I mostly think they suffer from the common network TV problem that you can't really tell a good story in 23 episodes without eventually resorting to filler or making characters do retarded things to stretch it out (both those seasons could have ended with several episodes to spare and they would have felt complete,) but I've gotten used to shows with that problem over the years, so what can you do?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 11:44pm
So Adam, did you get a chance to see the first episode of season 7 of The Walking Dead?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 12:10am
Yep, pretty damn brutal stuff.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 12:22am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Okay, I guess that's good to know in the event that I try Supergirl and don't like it. I actually had been planning on trying it for a while anyway, though, and this wouldn't be the first time I started a show already in progress without starting from the beginning, so it may still work out. Hopefully if I do like it I can eventually find a way to watch season 1.

I am basically caught up with both Arrow and The Flash now (just have the first three episodes of the current season for the latter) and while I have my complaints about both, they've mostly been enjoyable. I mostly think they suffer from the common network TV problem that you can't really tell a good story in 23 episodes without eventually resorting to filler or making characters do retarded things to stretch it out (both those seasons could have ended with several episodes to spare and they would have felt complete,) but I've gotten used to shows with that problem over the years, so what can you do?

I quite agree. I think Arrow suffers from this more than The Flash does because Arrow has felt buffed out by all the flashbacks for a couple of seasons now, which I find really tedious. Towards the beginning of Arrow 4/Flash 2 I was really burned out on both shows and had week's worth of episodes building up, but I got back into them with their second half's and the start of Legends of Tomorrow, which was several episodes shorter and better for it I think. 

So far on the current run of seasons I've had episode 1 of Supergirl 2 and Flash 3, with Arrow 5 starting tonight. 

Supergirl 2 started quite strong but it's clear that the network change has resulted in some production changes which so far haven't been explained too well but maybe that's to be expected when a show goes through such an upheaval. 

Flash 3 was good too though I can't help but feel after the ending that Barry's meddling with the timeline is going to come back to bite him in even more ways to come. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 8:22am
I won't say much for The Flash, except that the second episode made me very nervous for the season on the whole. In fact, I had to take a break after watching it, so I won't be watching the third episode until sometime later today, even though I already had it available.

Arrow, on the other hand, has been a bit slow but very promising so far, though I'm like the one fan of that show who liked last season's finale apparently, while The Flash's finale last year was one of my least favorites of the series. I think I liked both those season equally, though, because The Flash also had some great stuff like the two part trip to Earth 2, and let's just say a certain big event late in the Arrow season felt cheap and unearned to me, so I was pretty upset when it happened.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 1:03pm
I tried Legends of Tomorrow, and I don't know if it's the show itself or the start of another DC burnout, but so far after 5 episodes it's feeling very repetitive and dull, like the worst parts of a Flash/Arrow season all thrown together. It seems instead of the shorter season helping, it's actually hurting because instead of any kind of fun episode to change things up so far, all 5 episodes have had the same end goal, and so it's just been a bunch of repetition, seeing them stabilize the timeline but getting nothing else done. I think I may need take a break, but the problem is if they're doing this 4 way crossover before the mid-season break, I'm going to have to get caught up with everything soon, so it's a tricky spot to be in.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 9:07pm
^Well, the next two episodes ended up being more stand alone and they were both fun, so that was exactly what I was looking for after that drawn out intro phase. I especially liked the Star City episode, which shouldn't be a surprise since Arrow is my favorite of those shows.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 12:32am
I´m gonna Watch the last episode of season 3 og The Strain tonight. I´m looking forward to that.

After the thrilling first episode of Season 7 og The Walking Dead, episode 2 was a bit more run of the mill material. I love the series though, so a lot will have to happen before I lose interest.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 6:09pm
My Arrowverse marathon gets to continue for another week or so. The only drawback of this is I've now fallen so far behind on Westworld, my best option for that is probably to just wait until the season is over to get caught up on it.

Anyway, early struggles aside, Legends of Tomorrow was roughly the same quality as Arrow 4 and Flash 2 imo, meaning it had its share of ups and downs, but it was definitely more good than bad overall. I felt the show was better when it didn't focus on the main conflict, because Vandal Savage was such a lame villain, so I'm excited for season 2 to see how the show progresses without him in the picture. I've only seen two episodes so far, but it's already been much more fun than the early parts of season 1, and I really like a certain group of new characters they introduced.

In more good news, it turns out Supergirl just showed up on netflix in Canada, so I can watch all of season 1, after all. I had heard bad things about the show early on, but so far I've watched four episodes and I'm liking it a lot already. It has more of the fun vibe The Flash had in season 1, but I like that it got the boring introductions out of the way right in the pilot, so  every episode since so far has had some great stuff (though even the pilot was honestly much better than the reviews I read had made it out to be.)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 12:12am
This is how I stand on the current run of Arrowverse shows:

Supergirl: episode 3
Flash: episode 2 (3 airs tonight)
Arrow: episode 2
Legends: episode 1

Supergirl 2 has got off to a great start I think. There are a few supporting characters from season 1 who haven't appeared (as yet) who are rather conspicuous by their absence which may be something to do with the network change in the US, and one set has completely changed location with very little satisfactory explanation. 

Flash 3 has been decent but some things I'm just not sure about at this point. It seems that the end of season 2 and the first episode of 3 simply existed to shake up the established continuity. It remains to be seen how that's got to work out. 

Arrow 5 has been pretty much as expected: too many flashbacks and not enough happening in the present storyline. The whole new team thing isn't doing much for me since the actual main cast is still the same, which about from perhaps Curtis implies that it isn't going to last for long.

Legends 2 I've only had the one episode from, so it's a little difficult to judge but I did enjoy episode 1. I was surprised to see Rip Hunter effectively written out of it. The Reverse-Flash showing up wasn't expected either. It was probably the most surprising of the first episodes of each show. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 12:20am
^One thing I read about season 2 of Supergirl is there's apparently no more Cat Grant, at least early on, which seems very odd to me considering how prominent she is in season 1 up to the point I'm at (just watched episode 14 tonight.) I can't imagine what the show would be like without her, actually, so that will be weird.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 12:22am
Her actress left the main cast due to the filming relocation I think. Cat departs in episode 2 of the second season, though she's supposed to reappear every now and then in a recurring role. when I'm not sure. But I thought the first episode without her was decent.
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 3:37pm
^Okay, it's good to know she may still appear again occasionally, because she's one of the best characters on the show, imo.

My DC marathon is now finally just about complete (I now have 1 episode of The Flash, 2 episodes of Arrow, 3 episodes of Legends and 5 of Supergirl, though the latter I'll probably watch this weekend, and the others I'll probably watch during week along with the new episodes.)

Surprisingly, I think Supergirl is my favorite of the four right now, mostly because I like all the major characters in it a lot, and I think the lead actress is doing an incredible job with all aspects of her character (I especially loved "Evil Supergirl" and would rank that as possibly my favorite episode between all four shows.) Needless to say, I hope the show doesn't go a bit downhill like Arrow has over the last couple years (though obviously I still like that show a lot as well.)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 4:17pm
Finished the third season of The Strain. Pretty cool last episode, and I´m waiting in anticipation of a great final season 4.

Still watching the British version of Being Human with my wife, and we´re nearly finished with season 4 out of 5, and it´s still pretty great.

Also watching The Walking Dead Season 7 each week when new episodes drop. I like it so far.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 42>
  Share Topic