MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 42>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 12:52am
I've just deleted Roadies after watching about 4 episodes. Just not very good. Also deleted Hap and Leonard. Haven't got time to watch it at the moment.
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 7:40pm
I finally started watching season 4 of Arrow this week. I actually liked season 3 a lot at the time, but in between seasons the wave of new superhero shows (and really just superhero stuff in general) was so overwhelming I felt like I needed a break from it. I finally felt like going back to Arrow, though, because I missed it, and 7 episodes in I'm loving season 4. I may eventually try season 2 of The Flash, afterward, though I never did like season 1 as much as most people, and then possibly try the other two shows in that universe if I'm not burned out again by that point.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 12:30am
I like Arrow but I get sick to the back teeth of all the flashbacks. I've come to prefer The Flash out of the original pair of shows, though I like all four. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 1:06am
Just finished season 2 of Fear the Walking Dead, and started on season 3 of The Strain. Also watching Ash vs Evil Dead season 1. I´m a major fan of the Evil Dead movies, so a series is just what the World needed IMO LOL.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 4:21am
I won't be able to see Fear the Walking Dead Season 2 over here until the DVD is out. I have been watching The Strain though. 

I've still got Westworld to check out that started last week. 

Other than that I've been watching Red Dwarf XI, which still seems to be on form though maybe not quite as good as Red Dwarf X. I've also been re-watching True Blood and am just about to finish season 2 on that. 

One series I would really like to see is The Expanse but so far it hasn't come to the UK. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 4:37am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I won't be able to see Fear the Walking Dead Season 2 over here until the DVD is out. I have been watching The Strain though. 

Other than that I've been watching Red Dwarf XI, which still seems to be on form though maybe not quite as good as Red Dwarf X. I've also been re-watching True Blood and am just about to finish season 2 on that. 

One series I would really like to see is The Expanse but so far it hasn't come to the UK. 

Fear the Walking Dead is alright, but doesn´t quite reach the heights of The Walking Dead IMO.

The Strain is pretty good, but I was mostly thrilled about the first season.

I checked out a few clips of Westworld, and it looked promising.

Me and my wife just finished watching the full True Blood series. I enjoyed it and my wife really liked it a lot.

I´ve watched season 1 of The Expanse. It was pretty good, but didn´t make my blood boil. I´ve heard other people praising it, so it may just be me though. I´ll still Watch season 2.

Edited by UMUR - 09 Oct 2016 at 4:37am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 4:43am
I've just recently read the first book of The Expanse which is why I want to see it now, I've heard it's pretty faithful and the book was very good.
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 3:08pm
Well, I think my attempts to get into the Arrowverse may officially be over. I won't go into detail, but pretty much since the second half of season 4, the show has felt like one lame cheat after another, and now it's at a point where they expect the viewers to feel something, but all I feel is that the show only got to where it is at that point in the season because of like a million cheats. So I think I'm finished with it, so that likely kills any interest I had in the other shows as well.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 3:39pm

'Tis most excellent. Haven't watched the second episode yet, but the first was quite stunning.

Have also been enjoying S3 of Halt and Catch Fire, and S20 of South Park. Still revolting, and still relevant.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 3:44pm
^Episode 2 of Westworld was also excellent. I'm a bit unsure about how they can sustain that concept over a long period (HBO apparently wants it to go at least 5 seasons or something,) but at least in the short term it looks like it'll be their best series in a while, outside of Game of Thrones.

And I'm sure I will give the Arrow shows one more try, but I at least have to give it a rest until tomorrow, because right now I'm not feeling it at all.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 11:53pm

I've just recently read the first book of The Expanse which is why I want to see it now, I've heard it's pretty faithful and the book was very good.
I actually heard quite the opposite from a colleague who has read the books and watched the show. He says season 1 features elements from later books and doesn´t follow the first book that much. I haven´t read the books, so I don´t know. The show is worth watching just for the many great sci-fi effects and Space views/planet landscapes.

It´s one of the few sci-fi movies I´ve watched which gets the gravity (or the lack of gravity in Space) right too.

Edited by UMUR - 11 Oct 2016 at 11:54pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 12:11am
I've only read the first book so far, but TV shows do often move events around to accommodate a series running time. I've seen a little bit of the first episode and while there was one notable character who must be from book 2 (looking at what it says on the back of my copy), the stuff from book one was very faithful. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 9:46pm
Okay, so I did finish season 4 of Arrow after all. I actually really liked it for the most part, though there was a brief stretch around 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through where it was really frustrating. With that said, I'll be watching the two episodes tomorrow, then at least attempting all the other Arrowverse shows. (Though technically for The Flash it's not "attempting" since I did watch season 1 except the finale, because I thought it felt unnecessary to have another episode in that season. I will watch it now, though, before starting season 2.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 9:35am
Started on the UK version of "Being Human" last night, and it was pretty promising.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 1:55pm
I just learned that The Expanse is coming to the UK on November 3rd.

The catch? Fucking Netflix! 

I have never pirated a film or TV show in my life but I'm so pissed off by this I'm seriously tempted to. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 4:05pm
Just finished season 1 og Ash vs Evil Dead tonight. Damn that´s a great show. You have to Watch Evil Dead 2 and of course Army of Darkness before watching the series, but if you enjoy the humour and the gore of the movies, the series is a great continuation of the story 30 years Down the line.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 12:20am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Just finished season 1 og Ash vs Evil Dead tonight. Damn that´s a great show. You have to Watch Evil Dead 2 and of course Army of Darkness before watching the series, but if you enjoy the humour and the gore of the movies, the series is a great continuation of the story 30 years Down the line.

I've just watched the second episode of series two, and it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen! I can't say too much without giving things away, but Lee Majors appears as Ash's father. There's a great Six Million Dollar Man joke in there.Wink
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I've just watched the second episode of series two, and it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen! I can't say too much without giving things away, but Lee Majors appears as Ash's father. There's a great Six Million Dollar Man joke in there.Wink

You just know it´s a great show when the protagonist gets advice on how to dispose of the Necronomicon from his pet lizard during a psychadelic peyote trip...LOL
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 12:08am
Anyone seen Narcos? I D/L'ed S1 last night. One of the Irish boys at work has been watching it and loved it. I sent him a YouTube link for Brujeria's Plata O Plomo video, which he reckoned was good, except for the music!LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 1:44am
Nope, is it worth watching (Narcos)?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 42>
  Share Topic