MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 42>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 9:14pm
Oh wow, I actually liked a Legends episode for the first time since the crossover! Maybe the long break between watching it helped? Either way, it was the Camelot one, which I'm pretty sure you've seen already, Adam, as it came just before last break the show had. Was going to watch the next episode (which you probably haven't seen yet) but my internet it being uncooperative right now, so maybe tomorrow. I'm genuinely shocked that I actually had fun watching that last one, though, because it had felt like ages since the last time I liked that show.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 10:17pm
Well, I just watched the next episode after Jeremiah's faked rescue, and if you don't mind minor spoilers, James did briefly appear, though his absence wasn't explained. The episode itself had one spectacular sequence, but the rest was frustrating to sit through, and still not what I want from the show.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Yeah, it feels like ever since Kara snapped at him and Winn over the whole Guardian thing (which was kinda dumb imo, lol) he's just mysteriously vanished. The odd ting about it is how Winn, his closest friend through this whole thing, hasn't even mentioned him lately. It's like they listened to the fans who wanted that subplot over with, but couldn't figure out what else to do with him and so they just completely retconned him out of the show, at least for now.

Perhaps he's gone wherever Lucy Lane went. Wink

Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Also, if you didn't hear, in two weeks in the US, they're doing another crossover, but this time it's a small scale one, which I think is the best way to do them: Kara is going over to Central City for a musical episode, which should be great! Really looking forward to that one, so I guess that gives me motivation to stay caught up during my ongoing burnout.

I knew that was coming as I do read the press releases for new episodes...it actually seems like it's a normal Supergirl episode that continues in The Flash from what I've read. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 12:20pm
Yeah, it feels like ever since Kara snapped at him and Winn over the whole Guardian thing (which was kinda dumb imo, lol) he's just mysteriously vanished. The odd ting about it is how Winn, his closest friend through this whole thing, hasn't even mentioned him lately. It's like they listened to the fans who wanted that subplot over with, but couldn't figure out what else to do with him and so they just completely retconned him out of the show, at least for now.

Also, if you didn't hear, in two weeks in the US, they're doing another crossover, but this time it's a small scale one, which I think is the best way to do them: Kara is going over to Central City for a musical episode, which should be great! Really looking forward to that one, so I guess that gives me motivation to stay caught up during my ongoing burnout.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

I've been watching South Park almost non stop!

I hope they go back to individual episodes next season, rather than the continuous story-lines they have had the past two seasons. I really liked season 19, "Naughty Ninjas" was hilarious, but I just don't think the last season worked nearly as well. What did you think? 

As of right now, I've only watched up until season 11(going on 12 now) and so can't really say!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 11:35am
They felt like filler episodes to me. They advanced the plot by moving Jesse to Earth 1 and Savitar suddenly reappearing, but that was basically it. They didn't need a two parter to do that. 

I actually have a feeling though with that second episode that Harry might have been telling the truth about being ill...but it might be just because it would, again, be typical TV writing to have his daughter go off at him like that and it turn out to be true. 

Back to Supergirl though one thing I have been wondering...where the hell is James lately? There's been several episodes now where he's either outright absent or only briefly appears. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 11:17am
Yeah, the whole evil Rip thing is what really turned me off of Legends lately. His actor is also doing a horrible job this season, I think. I actually like the three villains, but between them being rehashed and Rip, it hasn't been fun.

And yeah, that Grodd event was fine, it didn't bother me like some recent episodes of the shows, but wasn't really great either. I think the problem is it exposed the lack of a big budget, because for all the hype, it had very little action and it was all small scale. Part two especially was more about character development than the actual conflict, so I liked it a bit more, but it still felt kinda pointless.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 11:10am
Yeah that's what I saw. For some reason I had it in my head that he was somehow Vigilante, though I think that time when he was hurt proved that he wasn't. 

And yeah, if you're talking about the Supergirl episode where a certain someone was 'rescued' then that was predictable as hell. Very generic TV writing. Same goes for Legends really with this whole turning Rip evil plot. 

As for The Flash I've just had this two part event with Grodd. I thought it was okay but kinda pointless. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:58am
^Did you just see the Prometheus reveal? If so, I had seen people online speculate that was the case, but I never believed it. I won't specify in case you're referring to something else, but the character who it turned out to be was apparently supposed to be a different villain this season, so they changed it up. It was a great reveal and great episode, though.

I'm actually an episode behind on Flash and Supergirl and two behind on Legends, because keeping up with all four is proving to be exhausting. It doesn't help that they all use the same tricks to move the plot along, so it gets repetitive and annoying. Like, the last Supergirl I watched, everyone online loved it, but I saw the twist coming a mile away, so I was like "Oh, just get to the point and reveal it already, and stop wasting my bloody time!" That and it used the same trick the shows always use where a villain gets away, not because they earn it but because the characters don't fully consider their options, and oh my god does that ever get bloody annoying when all shows keep doing it over and over and over over and over and........over! I'm actually not liking Supergirl as much this season, because last season felt fresh where this year it just feels like another CW show.

I do know the feeling about that scheduling though, even if it's actually helping me for the most part, except that I would keep up with Arrow easily every week anyway. A couple years ago, I was watching Person of Interest live, during season 4, and my initial enjoyment of the season was lower than normal, entirely due to the scheduling because it was the first one I watched live and it kept going on breaks constantly, sometimes doing it right after cliffhangers and big events, and the most maddening of all was the midseason finale was all hype, teasing something big and literally nothing happened, so I had to wait a month to see what would happen. The enxt episode did deliver big time, but fuck was it annoying keeping up with it. For season 5, though, it was on every week and sometimes twice per week, so that went great for me and i loved it.

I prefer HBO scheduling overall, because it hits the right balance between giving you the episodes quickly, but still giving the fans time to speculate on upcoming events, unlike Netflix where you can't do that because the whole season gets released at the same time. I guess for people who don't like to speculate that option works great, but I prefer the HBO method for sure.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 10 Mar 2017 at 11:08am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 2:44am
The DC shows are kinda pissing me off right now but it's all to do with the scheduling. They seem really all over the place this last few weeks with either this show or that show not being shown. Legends was off this week, on the week before and off again the week before that (along with The Flash). Now Arrow is off next week and I've heard Supergirl will skip a week at some point soon as well. Just show the season damn it! 

That last episode of Arrow though, holy shit, I really didn't see that reveal coming. Shocked
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:19pm
Just finished this one, and I canĀ“t recommend it at all. I actually found it rather embarrasing how cringe worthy bad it was, but my wife insisted that we stick with it to the end. Huge mistake...consider yourself warned:

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Just finished watching th last episode of Weeds.

...and started watching The Fades:

This one was pretty decent...
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 11:29pm
Just finished Missing...not really recommendable:

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

I hope they go back to individual episodes next season, rather than the continuous story-lines they have had the past two seasons. I really liked season 19, "Naughty Ninjas" was hilarious, but I just don't think the last season worked nearly as well. What did you think? 
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 11:59pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 4:41pm
Just finished watching th last episode of Weeds.

...and started watching The Fades:

Edited by UMUR - 14 Feb 2017 at 4:41pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 7:57pm
Meanwhile, I think I may officially have to drop Legends, because I spent the entire of last week's episode audibly groaning and in total disgust at pretty much every scene. There's no point watching anymore if it's pissing me off that badly. If there's anymore four way crossovers, I'll just have to find a way to get through them without that show, because I just can't take how terrible that show has been lately. It's just way too repetitive and I want nothing to do with these rehashed villains, at this point. Arrow last week was also repetitive and formulaic as hell, but at least I still had fun watching it.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 3:41pm
The Man in the High Castle was pretty good through season 1 but I have to say that I'm fast losing interest in season 2. Not even sure if I'm going to continue at this point to be honest. I'll probably check out some other stuff that's only on Amazon Prime instead. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Got a free trial of Amazon Prime so I'm making the most of watching some shows I don't normally have access to, such as The Man in the High Castle, which is pretty good.

On the actual TV the four DC shows made their return to UK screens this week, now in two back to back slots on Tuesday and Thursday. Here's are my thoughts in order of airing:

Supergirl: Great return, and the appearance of a Dominator so soon after the crossover was a surprise. 

The Flash: Solid episode though I'm surprised Barry has come clean about what he saw in the future so soon but I guess it's good they're not dragging it out so their attempts to change it can go full steam ahead as the series progresses.

Legends: Now airs before Arrow here over instead of being last of the four. Loved this episode and all the bits straight out of Star Wars. 

Arrow: Arrow is Arrow, so as usual I found it to be the weakest of the four shows. I thought the whole deal with Laurel was too obviously bogus from the start so wasn't surprise when it was revealed before the first ad break even. 

So for this week the shows for me ranked:

Supergirl > Legends > Flash > Arrow

I'm almost the total opposite, lol! I actually only watched Supergirl this week, so far, because I've been busy playing games lately, but based on last week I'm loving Arrow as usual (still think this season could  be its best ever, tbh,) Flash is going steady, not great, not bad, Supergirl was disappointing last week for me but this week was back to being fun as usual, Legends was so bad I may have to drop it. I actually read spoilers just for that show this week, and while people seemed to be loving it, to me it sounded absolutely dreadful.

So basically, my rankings right now:

Arrow>>Supergirl>>>>>>Flash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Legends

Also, the scheduling is a bit different for me. I tend to watch the shows online, anyway, since I don't have cable, but here's the order of the shows in Canada:

Monday: 8 PM: Supergirl

Tuesday: 8 PM: Flash, 9 PM: Legends

Wednesday: 9 PM: Arrow

Edited by DippoMagoo - 03 Feb 2017 at 2:24pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 2:08pm
Still watching Weeds. Just started watching the 8th and final season. Great show.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 42>
  Share Topic