MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 42>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:49am
I'm interested in Jessica Jones, but my one concern is it's attached to a huge series of shows on Netflix, and with my lack of enjoyment of superhero shows lately, there's pretty much a 100% chance at least one of the shows will be so bad I fail to make it through, meaning I wouldn't even get to season 2 of that show, even if I like the first one. I'll try Daredevil soon and see how that goes, and if all goes well I'll make watching that group of shows a long term goal, maybe trying to finish in time for Luke Cage 2 in June, and I'll probably throw Altered Carbon in there at some point to give myself a bit of a break, and because that show looks really interesting.
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 6:18am
I felt sick watching that...
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 4:44am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

No spoilers in case people haven't seen it yet but I don't think I'll be looking at mince meat the same way ever again after that last Walking Dead episode. 

LOL

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 4:31am
No spoilers in case people haven't seen it yet but I don't think I'll be looking at mince meat the same way ever again after that last Walking Dead episode. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 4:22am
I have at least two more Netflix showings returning with new seasons this month as well. Luckily those don't go anywhere once they're there. As for as Netflix goes I really need to finish Weeds before anything else. I've reached season 5 now and I don't want to leave it because it's not an Original and may suddenly get an expiration notice on it. 

Of course I bet we get screwed over with The Expanse season 3 like we did with season 2, the one show I want added right away regardless of how much else is on. I know it starts airing in the US in April. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 3:31am
^ me too. Half way through the last series of American Horror.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 2:52am
Jessica Jones season 2 dropped on Netflix yesterday, but I think I may have to put this one on the back burner for a while. As usually happens it seems that every show comes back on TV all at once. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed about keeping up.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 2:18pm
Finished season 3 of Weeds in the last few days and am now a few episodes into season 4. This season feels like a partial reinvention of the show even though it follows directly on from the events of the season 3 finale. Still enjoying it a lot. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 1:46am
I ended up marathoning season 2 of Stranger Things in one night, and it was awesome. I actually think I enjoyed it more than season 1, due to fewer annoying characters and I generally liked the new characters, while the overall plot was just as strong as in season 1. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 2:54am
The first episode of Legends wasn't bad. It dealt with the occult a lot due to John Constantine being in the episode. Some funny moments but not as outright ridiculous as some episodes have been. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 4:32pm
Honestly, there's about a million ways Barry could have avoided being arrested, so I simply couldn't take that plot seriously: it clearly just felt like the writers decided what they wanted to do with the show and went with it, without thinking it through, just like with a lot of things on those shows in recent years. The next two episodes are actually kinda enjoyable, but let me know when you see the one three episodes after the trial, and then I can really explain why I got sick of the show and needed to drop it completely. Arrow I think will be two episodes away from its breaking point for me, after you see this week's episode, and Legends I simply haven't watched since it came back. I'm probably still watching Supergirl for now (or when it finally comes back, lol) but only because my brother paid to get the season on itunes, so it would kinda be wasted if we didn't both watch it. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 4:51am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

And, Adam, you probably won't hate The Flash as much as I did. 

I did find the first episode of the second half enjoyable, despite some problems. I get why Barry wouldn't want to go public about his identity as The Flash but I think by this stage the police captain Singh should at least know. I can't help thinking that this whole trial mess could have been avoided if Team Flash just trusted Singh and brought him into the fold. 

The same is true of Team Arrow and their relation to the police and other official bodies. This whole storyline with Oliver being investigated is pretty ridiculous as the Green Arrow and his team have saved that city and the world numerous times including being honoured by President after the events of the Invasion crossover. All this doesn't add drama, it's just incredibly bad writing. 

It's Legends tonight though and I'm hoping it's at least humorous. Not sure if I'll watch live or not or just watch tomorrow morning without adverts. 

Edited by adg211288 - 28 Feb 2018 at 4:55am
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 3:51am
Actually had a Lucifer episode yesterday. I wonder how many weeks it'll be this time before they find some reason to take it off again?

Also iZombie season 4 started yesterday, with a good premier. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:57am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^There should be a rule, that no Tv-series should be more than 4-5 seasons long. Most shows can´t be interesting for longer than that.

It does depend on the series but I mostly agree. Also because the longer they make a series go on for without ending it the more chance there is that the TV companies will end it for them without an actual ending being made. 

Orange is the New Black will be on season 6 this year and I'm very excited for that one. 

Doctor Who will be on it's 37th season in total this year, coming both classic and new series. Of course this show survives through it's continual reinvention. 

Most over series I'm following are on a much lower season count. The comedy Benidorm is another exception, which starts series 10 tonight. I did actually get fed up with that show a few years ago but got back into with the last season. I think comedies in general stand a better shot at surviving large amounts of seasons.
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:52am
I haven't watched South Park much lately, but one advantage it has is that because they're constantly writing about real life events and using all kinds of references to real things, the show can keep evolving over the years, so it never gets totally stale or feels the exact same. 

I finished Stranger Things season 1 and liked it a lot overall, aside from a few annoyances here and there. The overall plot was quite good and I liked how it subtly set up the second season, which I will likely start tomorrow or Thursday. Steve's still lame, even though him hitting the monster with a baseball bat was cool.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

^There should be a rule, that no Tv-series should be more than 4-5 seasons long. Most shows can´t be interesting for longer than that.

With the exception of South Park, there's been 21 seasons and it's still hilarious.

The last one was a bit of a stretch to be honest.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:05am

With the exception of South Park, there's been 21 seasons and it's still hilarious.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:01am
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 7:20pm

^Actually Steve will have a very important role to play too Smile So you won´t be rid of him just yet LOL

Yeah, I learned that the hard way in episode 6, unfortunately. Huge downwards slide from the previous three episodes, imo, though still watchable. At least Jonathan beat the living shit out of him. Totally worth getting arrested for, lol!

And, Adam, you probably won't hate The Flash as much as I did. I probably just needed to drop those shows, because I reached a point where the flaws were bothering me so much there just wasn't any point to watching them even more. The formula was wearing thin and I just had too much of it. Even Stranger Things is guilty of some of the complaints I have with those shows (episode 6 did it in spades, actually) but at least so far it's had more than enough great parts to balance out the few weak parts, where CW shows were pretty much just all weak recently. Hell, even Game of Thrones has been getting formulaic to a fault recently, and my enjoyment of that has slid off quite a bit. The only show in recent memory that ended before it could possibly wear thin was Person of Interest, which actually got better over time and ended incredibly. Pretty much anything else I've watched over a long time in recent years has ended up letting me down at some point or another.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 27 Feb 2018 at 7:27pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 1:01pm
Well The Flash is finally back on UK screens tonight. I've not got high expectations given everything Travis has said about it and the other shows. Like with The Walking Dead I won't watch it live tonight but will wind through the adverts tomorrow. 

Speaking of TWD even winding through the adverts I found that mid-season premier to be a real drag, the same problem as the rest of this season. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 42>
  Share Topic