MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 3:51am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

I think I'm just droppping it completely, at this point. I wasn't overly pleased with Season 2, and now before Season 3 even released they were saying Henry Cavil was done and would be replaced in Season 4, so it's like, what's even the point? I don't even have Netflix anymore atm, and what I've heard about the newest Witcher season sure doesn't make me wanna rush to get it back, lol

Since I haven´t read the books, and only have the TV-series to compare to, I think it´s pretty great. Season 3 hasn´t been as great as the first two, but it´s still great fantasy IMO.
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 11:05pm

Yeah, this just wasn't good at all. I wouldn't say I hated it as much as some people seem to have, but it just didn't make me feel anything at all, the writing was incredibly bad at points, and even actors who are usually good were absolutely terrible (Don Cheadle was absolutely pathetic here, compared to in the movies, and Emilia Clarke was insanely stiff.) 
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 8:00am
I think I'm just droppping it completely, at this point. I wasn't overly pleased with Season 2, and now before Season 3 even released they were saying Henry Cavil was done and would be replaced in Season 4, so it's like, what's even the point? I don't even have Netflix anymore atm, and what I've heard about the newest Witcher season sure doesn't make me wanna rush to get it back, lol

Edited by DippoMagoo - 27 Jul 2023 at 8:01am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 12:12am
^Yep on the 27th of July.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 4:59pm
Didn't know it was out!Shocked
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 4:01pm
Mixed feelings on the first part of season 3 of The Witcher. Won't write any spoilers here for those who aren't up to date with it but I think they have fucked up multiple characters in this show and more so in season 3. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2023 at 12:48am
Started watching season 2 of Hunters. It´s just as crazy and violent as the first season so far.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 8:56am
Just finished watching Westworld season 4. The first three seasons were really good, but I didn´t enjoy season 4 much, and I understand why it was cancelled.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:26pm
I got caught up with Secret Invasion tonight, after watching the first episode right away, then completely missing it last week because I was busy. I thought the first two episodes were solid, if not particularly great, but this week's episode was a massive letdown. Lots of cringey MCU "humor" that doesn't fit in at all when the series is supposed to have a more serious tone, and all the so-called "twists" were so damn predictable I saw them coming a mile away. 

Not sure if this is the sign of another burnout phase, or if this series is just bad, but either way, I'm not impressed, lol
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2023 at 1:56am
Didn’t know a new series was out. I’ll add it to my long list of need to watch. New Witcher is out too.
Also watching Secret Invasion. Not sure I get the lukewarm critic responses. I really enjoyed the first two episodes.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2023 at 12:43am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Finally started season 2 of Vikings: Valhalla. Only done one episode so far though. 

I´ve contemplated watching this, but I´m thinking it´s just more of the same (as Vikings, which I loved, but was glad when it stopped)...can you elaborate on if that´s true?

Edited by UMUR - 02 Jul 2023 at 12:43am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2023 at 12:41am
Just finished:

The Last of Us (Season 1)
The Mandalorian (Season 3)
Andor (Season 1)
Sweet Tooth (Season 2

...and currently watching The Witcher season 3.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 11:44pm
I've started watching all of these in the last week, a few I've put off for a while:

GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 4:40pm
It's been a while since a MCU show was on but finally this first aired today:

The long awaited return of Nick Fury, but it looks like he's seen better days. Good first episode with quite a surprising death in the final moments, given that the character was slated to appear in an upcoming film that presumably takes place after this series unless it's a flashback appearance or they've royally screwed up the timeline of releases for Phase 5. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 12:19pm
Finally started season 2 of Vikings: Valhalla. Only done one episode so far though. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 12:17am
Started watching Shadow & Bone. I haven´t read the books, so I only have the tv-series as a reference, but so far it looks like promising Fantasy. I like the fact that it´s not for kids. Well at least kids under a certain age. People die in some pretty horrific ways.

Edited by UMUR - 07 May 2023 at 12:30am
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 11:23pm
Weakest season of the three, imo. It still had some great moments, and I did like the story overall, the ending was nice, but the execution was a bit iffy at times: Lots of dumb in-fighting, and characters making unbelievably stupid decisions for the sake of advancing the story, far more so than with previous seasons. I also feel out of the three main characters, one was completely butchered, and another had half a good arc, half a complete total disaster arc, lol (Jessica is the only one of the three I had no issues with by the end of it all.)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 12:25am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Not as good as peak GoT, but certainly better than Seasons 7 and 8 LOL 

I thought it was really good, overall, but there were some things I didn't like, and the constant time skips really threw me off (I sure hope there's not as much of that in Season 2, lol) Overall, though, it's obviously top notch stuff, and it's great to have something close to GoT back on the air again.

I thought this one was great. Same atmosphere and intrigues as on GoT, and some of the same nasty evil. I liked it.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 11:15pm

Not as good as the first season, but still great overall. My biggest issue with it is that while both main plots were excellent on their own, they felt largely disconnect from each other, sometimes getting in the way of one another, which was especially disappointing in the finale, where one got a thorough, fully satisfying conclusion, while the other felt horribly rushed. And the one that got rushed is the one I was more interested in, tbh, so that's a bit disappointing, lol
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2023 at 10:14pm
Not as good as peak GoT, but certainly better than Seasons 7 and 8 LOL 

I thought it was really good, overall, but there were some things I didn't like, and the constant time skips really threw me off (I sure hope there's not as much of that in Season 2, lol) Overall, though, it's obviously top notch stuff, and it's great to have something close to GoT back on the air again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
  Share Topic