MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What TV shows are you watching right now?
    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Just finished this today. Easily the best series I've seen for a while. I'm definitely going to have to pick up the follow-up movie and then watch the new series on Netflix (not psyched over the change in animation style though). 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 2:39pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 12:19am
I just watched the first episode of The Watch.

I'm a big fan of Sir Terry, and I have to say that none of the previous attempts to bring Discworld to life , both animated and live action, have been less than satisfactory and this also fails absolutely. This isn't Discworld and it isn't Ankh-Morpork.

But I loved this.

If you aren't too precious about what this was originally based on, it's actually pretty good. The cyberpunk/steampunk setting is interesting, and the comedy is pretty good - it's more Red Dwarf than Discworld. A lot of the criticism aimed at this show has focused on supposed "casting for diversity", which has seen races and genders changed, but the Discworld books were often like that too (add in species and undead rights too) - Monstrous Regiment, Witches Abroad, Soul Music...

I can't see this lasting too long as a series because of the backlash, so I'm going to make the most of it while I can.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 5:11pm
Surprised to see that all ten episodes of the second half of Vikings final season have dropped in one go to Prime - it's always been weekly before. I'll definitely be getting through that soon as I can. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 1:59pm
I´m at season 5 of Supernatural. Being a big Buffy and Angel fan, and Supernatural being a similar type of show, I love it. It´s not a particularly deep show or anything like that, but it´s good entertainment and both me and my wife enjoy it greatly.

I´ve also begun watching season 2 of The Boys. Now that is a great show too.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 3:05pm
Started re-watching Black Sails again last night. Always meant to go through it again. There's a severe lack of pirate themed stuff out there, especially grounded in reality stuff.  
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 4:30pm
^Yeah that is actually a bit unusual.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 4:19pm
Just started Truth Seekers on Prime. Seems intriguing after the first episode. Can't go wrong with a bit of Pegg and Frost although this is atypical for them with Frost as the star and Pegg only playing a supporting role. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 4:16pm
Just finished:
Swamp Thing Poster
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8362852/?ref_=tt_mv_close

Started out really strong, ended up a little mediocre and stale.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 5:25am
^Dark started out strong, but I lost interest a Little along season 3. I thought it ended alright though.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC&HC Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 5:23am
Punisher was brilliant. Just about to start the latest Dark now.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 4:05am

Just finished:

Dark Poster

and:
The Punisher Poster

I thought The Punisher was absolutely brilliant.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 9:55am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Just started wacthing "The Boys". Now that´s a really nice and twisted take on a superhero series:
Antony Starr in The Boys (2019)
Ok, so this one is not just good, it´s freaking brilliant....a must see for fans of the more twisted superhero movies like Hancock, Kickass, and Deadpool. It´s incredibly violent, offensive, and raw. Well acted too and featuring some nice plot twists too.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 9:48am
Just started wacthing "The Boys". Now that´s a really nice and twisted take on a superhero series:
Antony Starr in The Boys (2019)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:14am
This was surprisingly good and highly recommendable:
Pedro Pascal in The Mandalorian (2019)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:32am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Almost through the first season of Ray Donovan, which is a pretty good crime drama show:
Liev Schreiber in Ray Donovan (2013)
Finished the first seven seasons of Ray Donovan. A pretty decent crime drama show. Unfortunately it was cancelled and there are a lot of lose ends in season 7.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 9:32am
Finished the first season of The Terror. Pretty brilliant Tv-Series that one
The Terror (2018)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2708480/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:22am
Almost through the first season of Ray Donovan, which is a pretty good crime drama show:
Liev Schreiber in Ray Donovan (2013)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:21am
Just started watching season 1 of The Terror, and it´s already pretty damn exciting:
The Terror (2018)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 2:19pm
I don't remember the film much except for that as a fan of the books I didn't enjoy it too much. The TV show was done better in every possible way. The bits you weren't familiar with Jonas were probably the bits from book 2 that were getting set up early. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
  Share Topic