MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What TV shows are you watching right now?
    Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 1:39pm
^I liked The Crown, which I watched with my wife and my mother in law. I didn´t think there was any decline in acting, writing, or my interest in the story.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 10:08am
I'm just about done with the final series (series 6) of The Crown. It's really declined since the first two series, which were great. This is just tedious now, and I hate what they've done with some of the characters (the Queen Mother in particular!), and while Johnathan Pryce is a fine actor, he's just not a convincing Prince Phillip at all.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 9:28am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

About halfway through the 3 seasons of The Orville, and I´m a fan. Damn it´s funny. Even my daughter thinks it´s brilliant and we laugh so much while watching.

So obviously things changed between seasons 2 and 3 (changing from Fox to Hulu). The tone got slightly more serious and the episodes much longer...but it´s still damn brilliant. I have nothing to complain about. Great sci-fi show.

Edited by UMUR - 22 Jan 2024 at 9:28am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 3:12am
About halfway through the 3 seasons of The Orville, and I´m a fan. Damn it´s funny. Even my daughter thinks it´s brilliant and we laugh so much while watching.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2024 at 9:06am
Yeah I thought all three were pretty great too. Maybe I should check out The Bear.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2024 at 3:17am
Secret Invasion
Loki (Season 2)
Ahsoka (Season 1)

^ enjoyed these. Currently on The Bear on Disney. Watched the first series and will start the second shortly. Wife hated it but I thought it was really strong (opposite of what I expected).
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 8:59am
Last week while I had a few off days from work I watched:

Secret Invasion
Loki (Season 2)
Ahsoka (Season 1)

I´ve just started watching The Orville...damn that´s funny, especially to someone who has always found Startrek to be way too self-important to enjoy LOL.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 1:43am
I just finished watching this. It's absolutely hilarious and has more swearing than any other single TV program I've ever seen. It's completely OTT and over-acted, but that's part of what makes it so funny.

Have started watching this. I'm loving it so far.
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 12:02am
This ended up being very good, especially the last two episodes. I think the first season was a bit more consistent, where this was a tad cringe in spots, but overall it's certainly one of the better recent MCU efforts, lol
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2023 at 3:02am
Oh Ant-man 3 just has a post-credits scene that comes straight out of the last episode with Loki and Mobius seeing Victor Timely for the first time. 

Ant-man 3 was...not an especially great movie, especially for such an important one in the current multiverse arc of the MCU (it really can't be skipped without missing a vital part of the whole thing). Not She-Hulk bad but it really falls flat considering how much of a big deal this movie is supposed to be moving towards the next pair of Avengers movies. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 3:56pm
^I still haven't seen Antman 3, so I have no clue what scene you're talking about, lol 

I am caught up with Loki, though, and so far I think it's been pretty good, but definitely not on par with the first season. It feels like it lacks focus a bit, at least so far, and while I liked Sylvie last season, I haven't liked her much this time around, for some reason.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 23 Oct 2023 at 4:23pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 8:51am
Weekly on Fridays:

And while I'm not sure it's holding up to season 1, it's certainly among the MCU stronger recent output and the post-credits scene of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania was revisited in the last episode. 

And started Part 3 (whatever happened to calling things series or seasons?) of this:

I must say I'm really digging Part 3 of Lupin. 1 and 2 were good but there's some excellent heist work in these latest episodes. 

Quite a number of interesting looking shows dropping lately on top of my existing backlog. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 9:03am

Just finished this one and enjoyed it. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 2:30am

I just found this on YouTube after years of wondering what it was like. I loved it when I was 7. And it holds up pretty well now because it's not dumbed down for kids - there are a heap of scientific references.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 2:38pm

Series 2. I keep getting fucking hungry watching this!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 1:05pm

Originally meant to be a 'one and done' show, Good Omens recently dropped it's sequel season. I don't remember too much about the first one but I'd say this can more or less stand on its own and it was excellent! Leaves it open for a season 3 too. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2023 at 12:20am
I wasn't that impressed by Secret Invasion either. Considering it was one of the MCU projects I was most excited for, it was just kinda meh all round. 

In all honesty I think the MCU has over-stretched itself and is suffering from severe burn out now. I am looking forward to seeing Guardians 3 when it drops on Disney, but so far since the Multiverse Saga started the quality has been all over the place.

I would say that Spider-Man: No Way Home is among the best things the franchise has put out and I also really like Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, although it's got some major issues. The Loki show was brilliant and I quite liked a few others although I'm not sure I'd call any essential MCU viewing. 

But then on the other end of the scale you've got some real disasters. The She-Hulk show had its moments but ultimately did not work at all and the last Ant-Man movie was, for such a pivotal movie in the saga, no where as good as it needed to be. 

There's also behind the scenes drama that could cause the whole franchise to implode, including Jonathan Majors, who plays new big bad Kang and all his variants, being arrested on assault charges. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 3:53am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Yeah, this just wasn't good at all. I wouldn't say I hated it as much as some people seem to have, but it just didn't make me feel anything at all, the writing was incredibly bad at points, and even actors who are usually good were absolutely terrible (Don Cheadle was absolutely pathetic here, compared to in the movies, and Emilia Clarke was insanely stiff.) 

Ins´t Clarke always a little stiff? I don´t think she´s really much of an actor, and she has gained too much of a reputation for the sex scenes in Game of Thrones. I´m sorry that it may come of disrespectful to some ears, but I really think that´s how the land lies. She was incredibly bad in Terminator too.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 3:51am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

I think I'm just droppping it completely, at this point. I wasn't overly pleased with Season 2, and now before Season 3 even released they were saying Henry Cavil was done and would be replaced in Season 4, so it's like, what's even the point? I don't even have Netflix anymore atm, and what I've heard about the newest Witcher season sure doesn't make me wanna rush to get it back, lol

Since I haven´t read the books, and only have the TV-series to compare to, I think it´s pretty great. Season 3 hasn´t been as great as the first two, but it´s still great fantasy IMO.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 11:05pm

Yeah, this just wasn't good at all. I wouldn't say I hated it as much as some people seem to have, but it just didn't make me feel anything at all, the writing was incredibly bad at points, and even actors who are usually good were absolutely terrible (Don Cheadle was absolutely pathetic here, compared to in the movies, and Emilia Clarke was insanely stiff.) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>
  Share Topic