MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nuclear Assault Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nuclear Assault Appreciation Thread
    Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 11:43pm
Really been getting into this band as of late, and I didn't see a thread for them so thought I'd make one. Love "Survive" and "Something Wicked", and I don't get the lukewarm reception for the latter, I think it's one hell of an album.

These are a couple of my favorites from what I've heard:

If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 1:45am
I love Game Over and The Plague EP, which is on the CD re-release of Game Over, but feel a slow but steady decline after that. That's not to say the rest of their material isn't any good, but I just love those two releases a lot.

And don't listen to this song if you're a Vince Neil fan....

Edited by Vim Fuego - 02 Apr 2016 at 1:46am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 3:44am
My Brother purchased "Handle with Care", back when it was the latest Nuclear Assault album, and we listened to that particular album a lot. It´s not until about 10 years ago I started listening to the rest of their disco, and it´s still an ongoing process. So it´s not a band I´ve followed as such (not like I´ve followed for example Slayer, or Nevermore, which are two of my favorite artists), but I like them.

I´ve just written a review of the Brain Death EP a couple of weeks ago, which is in my review backlog.

I saw Nuclear Assault live for the first time, last year on the CopenHell festival. Great gig.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 4:37am
I bought The Plague and Handle With Care back in the 80's which i thought were both good solid releases though not spectacular. For some reason I've never really listened to much of them since.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 10:57am
^^I'm interested in seeing your review for Brain Death, and what do you think of the two albums I mentioned?

Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

The thrash mixed with blues sounds really cool there, do they have more songs like that?
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

^^I'm interested in seeing your review for Brain Death, and what do you think of the two albums I mentioned?

Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

The thrash mixed with blues sounds really cool there, do they have more songs like that?

Not that I've come across. It was only meant as a bit of a novelty, and a serious dig at Vince Neil.
DefinitionOfHatred View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefinitionOfHatred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 1:48pm
They scratch the outer boundaries of grindcore with "Mothers' Day". Game Over also has a track in the same style but I can't recall its name.
Why is six afraid of seven? Because seven ate nine.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 1:41am
Originally posted by DefinitionOfHatred DefinitionOfHatred wrote:

They scratch the outer boundaries of grindcore with "Mothers' Day". Game Over also has a track in the same style but I can't recall its name.

Hang The Pope? My America?

Edited by Vim Fuego - 05 Apr 2016 at 1:41am
Hellbender View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellbender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 2:46pm
Like Nuclear Assault a lot. Best song: Justice from their The Plague EP.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 3:13pm
^Awesome song, I love John Connelly's vocals on that track.
Hellbender View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellbender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 9:00am
It's chaotic and awesome, yep!
keefer1970 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keefer1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:45am
Great band from my neck o'the woods (New Jersey!). 

Faves would be Game Over, The Plague EP and Survive

A lot of people seemed to hate their Third World Genocide comeback album, but I didn't think it was particularly bad, just "meh." 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image