MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does anyone here like rap metal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Error & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martindavey87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anyone here like rap metal?
    Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 4:50pm
No, I don't mean Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Hacktivist. 

I'm talking old school.

Stuck Mojo. Body Count. Biohazard. H-Blockx. 

Anyone listen to any rap/metal crossover stuff?

(Limp Bizkit are alright, to be honest). 
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 5:12pm
No, Limp Bizkit is not alright! Never! I will not accept that!LOL

I used to listen to a bit, like Dub War/One Minute Silence. Love Body Count, but they lean more to metal than rap. I never took much to Biohazard. They seemed like a band I should like, but it never really happened. I liked their hardcore side more anyway. Clawfinger used to be good for a laugh. There was also Dog Eat Dog.

The Judgement Night soundtrack deliberately crossed rap and metal/rock/grunge and produced an interesting, if uneven soundtrack.

But please, no Limp Bizkit!Ouch
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 6:27pm
I'm with you, Vim. Limp Bizkit is true torture music for me! Rap metal isn't my favorite type of music but i loved the first Body Count album and the most popular of the lot Rage Against The Machine. Most of the others i've never really heard. I do like Korn a lot and they have a semi-rapped type of vocal style at times. Bumblefoot has a few rap metal tracks on his albums. Probably the most hardcore of the style

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 6:36pm
^Thirded, Limp Bizkit is one of the worst bands I've ever had the displeasure of hearing.

I like Stuck Mojo, Rage Against the Machine, and Body Count, but besides that I haven't heard much else. I'm not really into rap, so that's most likely why I haven't heard a whole lot.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 3:11am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

I like Stuck Mojo, Rage Against the Machine, and Body Count, but besides that I haven't heard much else. I'm not really into rap, so that's most likely why I haven't heard a whole lot.
That´s pretty much what I would have written too. I actually used to listen to some gangsta rap in the late 80s/early 90s like Gravediggaz, Onyx, Ghetto Boys (I like their pretty vile gore lyrics. Actually pretty nasty stuff), NWA, Ice-T, Cypress Hill and so forth, but it was more a matter of being a friends houses where music like that was being played, than a matter of me playing it at my house.

I´ll be seing Clawfinger, when they perform at the CopenHell 2016 festival, but that´s only because they appear at a festival. I would never pay Money just to see them.

Edited by UMUR - 27 Mar 2016 at 3:13am
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 6:16am
Originally posted by martindavey87 martindavey87 wrote:

No, I don't mean Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Hacktivist. 

I'm talking old school.

Stuck Mojo. Body Count. Biohazard. H-Blockx. 

Anyone listen to any rap/metal crossover stuff?

(Limp Bizkit are alright, to be honest). 

Rage Against the Machine is better than all the bands you mentioned.

What's wrong with Hacktivist? Their new release is one of the good albums I've heard this year.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 6:54am
never liked Rap of any description so no, not a fan of rap metal either. About the only thing in my collection with any rapping on is Faith No More.
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 9:25am
Rap has never done anything for me and I like rap in my metal even less.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 9:49am
No I don't. It's actually one of my biggest dreads that one of my favourite bands decides that it's a good idea to invite a rapper onto their album. Fortunately it's only happened once with Within Temptation and that was surprisingly not at all bad like I'd thought it was going to be, but that doesn't mean I want to hear them or anyone else doing it again. So actual rap metal bands I wouldn't touch with a ten foot barge pole. 

You want to know something though, I've often had the impression that I would actually enjoy Linkin Park if it weren't for that infernal rapping. 

Edited by adg211288 - 27 Mar 2016 at 9:54am
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 10:00am
Can't stand rap or hip hpt so no
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 2:50pm
I try to keep my life as rap free as possible.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 3:10pm
I always found that after listening to this track, everything else paled in comparison.

Also in that interview I did with John Tardy he said he'd worked with Necro (Nekro? can't remember the spelling!). At the time the name meant nothing to me, but I know who he is now, although I've never heard the song.
martindavey87 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Error & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martindavey87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

[QUOTE=Unitron] I´ll be seing Clawfinger, when they perform at the CopenHell 2016 festival, but that´s only because they appear at a festival. I would never pay Money just to see them.

Damn forgot about Clawfinger! They're awesome!
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 4:02pm
Candiria, friends:

Edited by Tupan - 29 Mar 2016 at 4:04pm
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 1:54pm
I don't really enjoy Bizkit but I will admit their newest EP was pretty okay considering.

Edited by aglasshouse - 30 Mar 2016 at 1:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image