Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where do you buy your music from?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 5:08pm
Yeah I remember you saying before about that one. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 3:18pm
Major fuck up from Amazon on my copy of the new Uada album - on pre-order since August 8th and get to the day before release and suddenly they say they can't supply. Then a few days later it enters dispatch and basically gets stuck there never being sent, despite showing as in stock for next day Prime delivery from at least Friday. The limited edition item is now sold out on Amazon...

...So now Dodax has my business for it, since they say they still have copies. 

Uada's last album was a real bugger to get because I waited too long and I ended up paying over the odds for it so I pre-ordered this one. It's turned into an even bigger nightmare to secure a copy. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 9:27am
^ That's happened to me a few times with Amazon. Pisses me off when you pre-order it.

Ordered a couple of things from Momox through Amazon recently. Both never turned up. One order going missing in the post I can believe but both of them, unlikely. Both were at a good price and now they're more expensive. They gave me a refund and suggested I order again. Like I'm going to at a higher price. Very suspect so won't be using them again.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 2:34pm
Yeah I 'love' it when a seller says 'we won't replace but you can re-order' when they've cranked the price up. I won't do it with the same seller on principle, even if I end up paying the same to someone else. 

I finally got the Uada album through Dodax, but that was late since they were listed it as having them when they actually didn't. Had that a few times with Dodax for new releases. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 3:52pm
Dodax are never quick. I find I'm using them less as their prices seem to be going up. I didn't mind waiting if I saved a few quid but sometimes they're more expensive than Amazon these days so why order from them.

I think with Momox they never posted them in the first place. Doesn't matter though as I'll not be using them again, no matter how cheap they are.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 7:05am
So Amazon had the new Insidious Disease album on vinyl for £17 a few days ago. It's now out of stock but the price they're quoting is £34 when they get it back in! Guess I won't be buying that from them then. Kicking myself for not having ordered it sooner.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Dodax are never quick. I find I'm using them less as their prices seem to be going up. I didn't mind waiting if I saved a few quid but sometimes they're more expensive than Amazon these days so why order from them.

I ordered a lot from Dodax earlier this year. A real big binge on music when I hadn't really bought much at all for ages. One day I noticed almost all their prices jump considerably. There were always instances of the odd title suddenly jumping to a much higher price, but this was almost every product on my wish list. 

You can't really blame them, because they were ridiculous cheap before and have free P&P on everything despite shipping abroad. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 1:39pm
^ That was the incentive to wait 3 weeks for the order though, cheaper prices. If I can get something from Amazon at the same price I'll get it in around 5 days, even with free delivery so my reason to go to Dodax has gone. I do still check if dodax are cheaper though and if they are I'll still use them.

I'm using Music Magpie a bit lately. They seem to be cheaper than Amazon, especially if you order direct from them rather than through Amazon.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 1:50am
I used to use Music Magpie a lot, mainly for DVDs, but stopped when their customer service treated me atrociously. One of those companies where everything is fine and dandy until there's a problem that their CS can't copy-paste a response off a sheet of generic answers I think. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 9:20am
I see, well haven't had any problems so far. Mind you I haven't ordered that much stuff off them yet.

I've just bought The Woman In Black off them. Not the Daniel Radcliffe version but the Tv version from 1989 which is well worth watching if you haven't seen it by the way. Much scarier than the Radcliffe version.

Edited by Nightfly - 20 Nov 2020 at 9:23am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 9:41am
My problem fell into the whole 'cancel and re-order' bracket again. They sold me a DVD that stopped working halfway through the movie and refused to replace it even though it was still in stock 'because the copies in stock are for other customers to purchase, which you are able to do so, not replace existing orders'. Which would be fine even ignoring the stupidity of them insisting they can't replace a DVD from the stock for sale pile (it had to apparently be from a different pile of stock set aside for replacements, which is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard from a seller - who sets aside stock not to sell?), but the DVDs were on offer at 2 for £3 or £1.99 each. Which isn't a lot of money but it's the principle. I got refunded £1.50 for the DVD. I would have to pay more just to buy the one film again and even more to get the actual item for the same price by buying something else. Music Magpie has a replacement policy, so I didn't like the way they tried to put me over a barrel to squeeze a few more pennies out. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 4:45pm
^ Sounds like a ridiculous policy, makes no sense whatsoever.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 10:34am
Anyone in the UK come across this yet since Brexit. Ordered the Significant Point album on Bandcamp from Dying Victims Productions and got refunded with a message saying the can't sell to the UK anymore since Brexit because of the VAT. Bad news for them and us if this is the future.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:39am
I've not had that but I have been wary of ordering anywhere from overseas now. Too many horror stories of unsuspecting shoppers being hit with extra fees.

Fuck Brexit. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:15am
I've still ordered from Dodax and things haven't changed with them. Haven't been hit with any extra costs on delivery. Mind you I think they ship to the UK in bulk and then send out from here.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 9:24am
I used to love ImportCDs but their service has gone to shit. Higher prices and most products on back order. I'm finding fewer outlets to purchase music these days. Seems like many artists are just selling their product directly.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 10:45am
I may look at Dodax again (their prices aren't as good as they once were, though there are still good deals). Mainly I'm trying to buy on Amazon only since aside from some fuck ups it's the most hassle free experience for me. 

I can also get credit for them pretty easily through doing surveys online and I'm trying to fund my buying habits only with that money, rather than keep dipping into the bank. Can be a bit tedious and slow way of making some disposable income but it's working out for me. Had my last few pre-orders all paid off before release by doing this, so I would recommend it. 

In fact, I'll drop a few links here so the sites I've used and can assure are legit. If you decide to sign up it will help me out if you use these links.

I-Say (might be UK only, not sure. Can redeem for Amazon, Tesco, Argos and other gift cards)

Qmee (UK, US, Australia, Canada - cash out to gift cards or to PayPal (first payout must be to PayPal))

http://qm.ee/QPWOCX6YV7ZCC - split referral rewards, 50/50 between me and you.

GG2U (pays in $ but is usable in the UK and maybe elsewhere - PayPal, Bitcoin or gift cards (Amazon, Argos, Steam, Pre-paid Mastercard)

GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 3:51am
Buyers beware. A guy just posted on the Metal CD Collector's Society on Facebook about an order he had sent to Belgium from Earache Records in the UK. The value of the order was €50 and he got hit with a €40 customs charge. No doubt the reverse would be true. At this rate all individual trade between the UK and the EU will be killed off. Personally I would refuse to pay it and let the parcel get sent back as it's daylight robbery at that cost.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 4:01am
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

I used to love ImportCDs but their service has gone to shit. Higher prices and most products on back order. I'm finding fewer outlets to purchase music these days. Seems like many artists are just selling their product directly.

I like supporting artists directly if possible but often find on Bandcamp that the album is quite cheap only to then be hit with a ridiculous shipping charge.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 10:50am
Amazon's fuck ups for the month now up to 2. Angry
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic