Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where do you buy your music from?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 8:17am
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Is Dodax a UK thing? Looks like the prices are higher than what i'm used to.

Does anyone know any killer sites that specialize in metal only?

Only stuff like Nuclear Blast who are expensive. If you find any please let me know.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 6:19am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Not impressed by Dodax so far. Ordered on November 21st - still not even dispatched. 

And still waiting...
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:11pm

Not impressed by Dodax so far. Ordered on November 21st - still not even dispatched. 

And still waiting...

Finally dispatched late this afternoon after 12 days. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 1:25pm
^ That's the norm with the old Dodax so maybe things haven't changed that much.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 12:19pm
Terrorizer album arrived today - 14 days from order date which is still quicker than the old Dodax.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 3:50pm
Anyone else noticed how expensive Amazon are on music these days, vinyl and CD? there was a time when they really undercut everyone else but now it's as if they don't care about selling music anymore as some of their prices are ridiculous. I think there's an opening for a new online company who's prepared to make a modest profit on each item to come in and make a killing.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 1:39am
It's been a while since I bought any new music. But I've been noticing base Amazon prices creeping up for a long time. It's always been cheaper to buy from their third party sellers and accept the longer delivery time or better yet go to that seller's own site where it is probably a little cheaper. 

I don't know how Dodax is these days and I no longer trust MusicMagpie, but I have to say that World of Books have proved pretty reliable for movies I've bought. A few randomly selected band checks with them though doesn't show up much of a stock for metal CDs. I'd probably search ebay first of all these days if looking for a particular release. Or Discogs. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:08pm
Dodax are very reliable these days after their little set back a while back. Their prices aren't as cheap as they used to be, in fact sometimes they're more expensive than Amazon but generally they're still cheaper. They are sometimes a bit behind on more obscure new releases.

I've never had any problems with MusicMagpie myself, always found them reliable and accurate with their description of 2nd hand stuff.

Ebay, I still usually find more expensive than Amazon. It's only occasionally I buy music there. Some sellers seem to ask ridiculous prices.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:11pm
My issue with MusicMagpie is mainly due to their appealing customer service. Though I do find that they 'always' describe their items as being in 'very good' condition and often are far from it. I suspect they evaluate items only after they've sold them. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:23pm
I must have been lucky with MusicMagpie although I did buy a Cannibal Corpse 2nd hand CD they described as very good. The CD was excellent but the digipak cover was a bit worse for wear, probably good at best.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:38pm
I'm just thinking of the many times they say they have very good condition items only to when it comes to dispatch time suddenly say the item isn't good enough to send after all. 

Their quality control process must be virtually non-existent though given the amount of times I have received discs from them that are so scratched to hell you'd think the previous owner had been a cat. 

While some discs will still play like that, I never accept them, not from companies or personal sellers on ebay (unless disclosed, but then I only buy if described as minor scratches with an assurance of being in working order) And I've had several discs from them, both CD and DVD, that did not play properly. 

I know they get most of their stock from people selling it to them and some people must knowingly sell them discs that do not work, but the final straw for me was their CS department. I just got the impression that their representatives couldn't be arsed to actually deal with a situation I had with them and just keep feeding me canned responses. And their final solutions to issues left something to be desired. Their go-to response is to completely cancel your order and blame it on a glitch in their system. No effort at all to actually fulfil it. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:49pm
I've had similar couldn't give a toss responses from a number of online companies over the years. I used to have a list of companies to avoid which i lost so may have ended up buying further items from some of them later. LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 4:01pm
I think the bigger the company is the less they care. 

I must admit I have sometimes given a company another chance out of necessity to get a certain item, but I'm still reeling at MusicMagpie and their dumb excuses. I swore in February that they'd lost me as a customer for life and true to my word I haven't purchased a thing from them ever since. 

A company I trust even less though is WowHD. They proved incompetent at best and fraudulent at worst when I used them. Never again. Full details of this one here: https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/56c8bf620000ff00093d7d7d
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 3:09pm
Never used Wow. The few times I looked they never had what I wanted so haven't been back.

Dodax doesn't seem as cheap as it used to be. I think it might be down to the weak pound. I need a UK seller cheaper than Amazon who I'm getting pissed off with.

Edited by Nightfly - 01 Aug 2019 at 3:11pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Never used Wow. The few times I looked they never had what I wanted so haven't been back.

I wouldn't even look at them. Avoids any possible temptation that way. I don't know if you read my linked review of the company on my earlier post but it basically amounted to having to get my money back through PayPal when they showed no sign of ever intending to fulfil my order and had in fact cancelled it but decided they'd keep my £30+ I'd paid them. I'm honestly shocked they haven't been shut down by now. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 10:14am
Yes I read it, not good at all. I doubt I'll ever use them anyway to be honest.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 12:45am
I've not actually used them for music (at least lately) but World of Books is starting to prove untrustworthy and have an even worse CS department than Music Magpie. I don't think I shall be buying from them again. Another company struck off the list of reputable retailers for me. 

I won't go into full details right now (but you can bet a scathing Trust Pilot review will be inbound). The short of it is I bought a collector's edition blu-ray from them, received it incomplete (no idea what they're selling, obviously) and sent it back (at cost to me, which legally they have to reimburse). That was almost three weeks ago and they still have not seen fit to give my money back. I have a PayPal dispute open with them which they have a few more days to reply to, but so far don't seem inclined. My only conclusion is that they intend to keep (read: steal) my money. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 3:51am
Anyone know how reliable Dodax is these days? Seem like they have some of the best deals at the moment.
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:22am
I’ve never had a non-delivery or any problems except for them being painfully slow. But then I no longer buy vinyl so can’t judge on those.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 12:43pm
Yeah they always were slower than other Euro based companies when I used them in the past.

Can't see shipping in from Europe getting any better with a No Deal Brexit on the horizon. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic