Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scott Weiland of STP Fame has died.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scott Weiland of STP Fame has died.
    Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 5:46pm
The front-man and singer of Stone Temple Pilots has died abruptly at the age of 48. Extremely unfortunate and quite saddening. An end to a wonderful career, and perhaps the band's as well. Absolutely terrible.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 7:04pm
Such a sad loss, he was a great vocalist for both STP and Velvet Revolver.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 11:56pm
Shocking, but not surprising. It could have happened at any time in the past 20 years, the lifestyle he lived. I'd forgotten some of the songs he'd sung til I saw it on the news. Even my missus knew them, and she's far from a metal fan.

SOD did The Ballad Of STP during a live show on the "20 Years Of Dysfunction" DVD. Scott Ian says something along the lines of "But he's not dead yet." Billy Milano's reply: "It's only a matter of time."

(For anyone who doesn't know, SOD's ballads were short songs where they would take a famous dead person's riff, play it twice and then shout "You're dead". The most famous was the Ballad of Jimi Hendrix, but they also did Frank Sinatra, Tupac, Kurt Cobain, Michael Hutchence, and Jim Morrison, among others.)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 6:51am

It´s always sad when someone goes before time. 48 years isn´t much, but it´s no surprise given his history of drug and alcohol abuse. After seing some clips of his recent performances I was sure this was gonna happen. He looked and sounding like a living dead.

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 10:56am
Yes, sad news but agree that it was inevitable. Surprised it didn't happen years ago.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 3:54am
The autopsy report was revealed a couple of days ago. He died as a result of cocaine, alcohol, and ecstacy. Clean my ass (which is what he claimed to be)..., that´s a deadly cocktail if consumed in the wrong amounts.

Edited by UMUR - 20 Dec 2015 at 3:57am
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 6:29am
that sucks being i liked the band. they haven't officially broken up yet. i wonder what the future holds for the band.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic