Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Upcoming Albums Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 38>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 2:19pm
Seven Kingdoms:

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vixen Erotica View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vixen Erotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 4:09pm
Did not know that Serenity did a new one...I love that band!!! 8-]] 
moody metal maiden
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 6:20am
New Immolation album due February....

Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Vixen Erotica Vixen Erotica wrote:

Did not know that Serenity did a new one...I love that band!!! 8-]] 

I think the new Serenity is better than War Of Ages, but not as good as their first three albums. They do have a new guitar player, as Thomas Buchberger (the 'old' guitarist) left due to not having any spare time for himself and his family. The band all has full-time jobs, with recording and touring coming out of their vacation & holiday times.

That new Seven Kingdoms sounds really good, too.

I still say the singer sounded horrible the time I saw them open for Blind Guardian back in 2010. But after listening to the 2 albums she's on, plus this new song, I have to put that night down to either she couldn't hear herself, or she had a cold/was sick or something. Because she does have a pretty good voice. I will probably buy their new one when it comes out.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 2:27pm
So far there hasn't been much announced that I'm too interested in, other than the upcoming Overkill album. The new Halestorm Covers EP is pretty solid, I don't care for their original music as it's just too polished for my tastes, but I enjoy quite a few of their covers. Their cover of Ride the Lightning on the new EP is great. 
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 2:44am
New one from Fen inbound:

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/fen/winter
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 11:16am
We now have an official title and cover art for my most anticipated album of the year:

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 1:26am
^ Just waiting for it to appear on Amazon so I can pre-order a copy.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 7:47am
First Ayreon song is on Spotify:

https://play.spotify.com/album/6A6Zvde3UBL3Y0hlKYooHW

The CD is also on Amazon now, but at a massive £20.99 price tag, which is way above what all the previous albums were. I expect that will come down though before it comes out, which according to Amazon is April 28th. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 1:06pm
^WOW! I only have one complaint after hearing the song: I need that damn album RIGHT NOW! Seriously, though, that was absolutely phenomenal.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 1:46pm
Havok's got a new album out in March, can't wait. I hope it's as great as Time is Up, one of the best modern thrash metal albums.

Soundgarden's working on a new album, I'm not sure if it's going to be released this year though. I hope so.

Song from the upcoming Havok album:

Holy shit, that bass at the beginning is amazing.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 1:59pm
Youtube link for the new Ayreon song:

I am seriously still listening to it on endless repeat, btw. The one problem is it may be setting the bar too high, because this is just insanely good, even by Arjen's standards.
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 3:00pm
The pre-order is actually cheaper to get it straight from the label as shipping is just 2 Euro (surprisingly low) and you get your copy signed that way.

I also expect Amazon to come down as they often have an insanely high pre-order price up when something first gets listed.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 3:09pm
I'm considering pre-ordering that way, actually. I think I'll probably end up paying a little more because Amazon probably will come down a bit (I paid £12.99 for his double solo album with them and that was a few years back now, and prices have crept up on average) but it would be nice to have a signed item. I've been tempted to do it for the last two Ayreon albums and ultimately didn't. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 3:13pm
And you know what I just went ahead and did it. 

Still cost almost £17 but I think it will be worth it, on the strength of the first song and his track record. 
GG2U

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 3:23pm
The new song makes me think of his Star One stuff a bit.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 4:21pm
Okay, not only new Havok but also new Mastodon is due out in March. I really like the cover art:

The awesome cover art makes me want to believe it's going to be a sludge metal masterpiece harking back to the glory days of Blood Mountain. Sadly it's most likely going to continuing in the direction they've been in though.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Crystal Viper:

Somehow missed this. It's awesome, and pretty thrash-y classic heavy metal. Listening to this reminded me of just how much I love them, I still need to get Metal Nation at some point as it's one of my favorite Power Metal albums.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 12:17pm
New Mastodon:

Kind of a surprise, it has a bit of that classic sludge sound from Blood Mountain albeit mixed with the more psychedelic elements of Crack the Skye. 
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 12:58pm
^I have the same problem with that as usual: I like the music quite  a bit, but I always struggle with their vocals. The Hunter was the one album where the singer didn't bother me much, so it's easily my favorite, but everything else I struggle with because of him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 38>
  Share Topic