Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Upcoming Albums Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 38>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Ever thought of taking out Prime Paul? We've had it for a while now and it's well worth the money between the Prime Video selection and free shipping (usually one day shipping or release day arrival for pre-orders) on all items sold by or fulfilled by Amazon. We mostly have it for the Video to go alongside Netflix but it saves a lot of hassle on shipping as well. 

Sorry Adam, somehow missed this post. I have considered it but feel I'd get little use of the video side of things as I can't even keep up with what i want to watch on Netflix. In most cases I don't mind waiting a few extra days for delivery of music. I guess £70 or whatever it is these days is not a bad annual price though.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Ever thought of taking out Prime Paul? We've had it for a while now and it's well worth the money between the Prime Video selection and free shipping (usually one day shipping or release day arrival for pre-orders) on all items sold by or fulfilled by Amazon. We mostly have it for the Video to go alongside Netflix but it saves a lot of hassle on shipping as well. 

Sorry Adam, somehow missed this post. I have considered it but feel I'd get little use of the video side of things as I can't even keep up with what i want to watch on Netflix. In most cases I don't mind waiting a few extra days for delivery of music. I guess £70 or whatever it is these days is not a bad annual price though.

£79 when I last checked. To be honest I don't watch Prime as often as Netflix (that said my record of what I've watched on Prime is inflated by extra channels that I've taken for free trials or the odd paid month) although they do sometimes get newer movies on there first. Probably the biggest recent movie they got that I watched as Green Book. Netflix definitely has a better range of original and exclusive content though, but Prime is catching up in this regard. And there are a few shows I follow there that are returning soon such as The Expanse, The Grand Tour and Vikings. They also get Fear the Walking Dead on its second run which we otherwise don't get here. There's been some good new originals lately as well with Good Omens and Carnival Row. It soon pays for itself when you take the cost of a boxset into account and that's without the movies and free delivery on all Prime items. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 1:09pm
I really need to pay more attention to metal news. Just learned, by accident, that Helloween will produce a new album in 2020. A new album that features both Kai Hansen and Michael Kiske as part of the line-up. How the fuck did I not know that?
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 3:40pm
Is Andy Deris still the vocalist, or did Kiske come back? I haven't really paid attention to anything they've done after Metal Jukebox.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 3:43pm
Deris is still there as well. They are recording with a line-up consisting of Michael Weikath, Markus Grosskopf, Kai Hansen, Michael Kiske, Andi Deris, Sascha Gerstner & Daniel Löble.
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 3:54pm
Sounds like it may be promising, it's probably a good sign that it has been a good five years since the last album.

Only 2020 release that I'm looking forward to so far is Squarepusher's, and hopefully a new deadmau5 with the singles he's been releasing this month. Don't know of anything metal yet (except maybe that Helloween now).
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 6:46pm
New Lovebites single: 

And..... It's awesome, of course Big smile
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 12:27am
Oh my, it's actually happening.

GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 5:11pm
^I literally JUST saw that! I was like "OH MY FUCKING GOD, THEY'RE ACTUALLY DOING IT!!!!"

Edited by Psydye - 09 Dec 2019 at 5:11pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 6:40am
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 6:47am
Not a band I've ever listened to but I'm sure this will be of interest to some here:

Their first studio album since 1996.
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 7:14am
^ bloody hell, I didn’t know they were still alive! How is it?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 1:56pm
I've not heard it Chris. Just posting it for those who it might interest. It drops in February. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 2:09am
^I listened to a sample from the new Psychotic Waltz album here: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/psychotic-waltz-lyric-video-for-new-song-devils-and-angels/

I think it sounds pretty good, but I´d wish Devon would hit higher notes more often, but he is probably not capable anymore. At least that´s the impression I got when I saw them live on the Copenhell festival a couple of years ago.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 2:11am
New Carcass album on the way. A sample track can be found here: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/listen-to-new-carcass-song-under-the-scalpel-blade/

To my ears it sounds a Little less sterile and a Little more ugly and vile than the material on "Surgical Steel", which is great.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 7:18am
^ Great news, really like Carcass.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 7:45am

Not a band I've ever listened to but I'm sure this will be of interest to some here:

Their first studio album since 1996.

Didn't see this one coming!!!! If  you haven't checked them out, Adam, i think you would like them. Their first four albums are classic prog metal albums. Not too out there and really kick ass metal.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 7:53am
I've always meant to. Somehow always skipped them. Maybe I'll fix that right now before I forget again. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 10:07am
^Very different sounding albums all four of them. I think you´ll enjoy the first one a lot Adam. My personal favorite is "Into the Everflow".
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 10:09am
I listened to A Social Grace earlier. Pretty good stuff. Thumbs Up
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 38>
  Share Topic