Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Upcoming Albums Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 38>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 8:54am
For those into that occult 60's flavoured psych stuff Purson have a new album out soon. Not sure of the release date so if anyone knows please add.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 3:10pm
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 1:12pm
I'm really digging the newest Avantasia album, Ghostlights. There's more shred and metal in it than the last few releases, while keeping the same basic style. Good Stuff Smile

So far for 2016, I have:

Amon Amarth - Jomsviking
Anthrax - For All Kings
Avantasia - Ghostlights
Beyond The Black - Lost In Forever
Circus Maximus - Havoc
Dream Theater - The Astonishing
Eternity's End - The Fire Within
Headspace - All That You Fear Is Gone
Megadeth - Dystopia
Myrath - Legacy
Redemption - The Art Of Loss
Serenity - Codex Atlanticus

Edited by Jbird - 09 Apr 2016 at 8:04am
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 6:15am
This one, which will be released tomorrow, is definitely recommendable:

Wyvern_13 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyvern_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 8:14am
There's quite a few planned/rumoured releases this year that got me excited.

Testament I believe are going to release a new one this year.
There's the possibility of a new Solution .45 as well, they mentioned in an interview that they had material for two albums for last years Nightmares In The Waking State - Part 1 but didnt want to release a double album so they were holding on to the rest of the material. Its just hints but I really hope it means we get a new one later this year.
Winterhorde have mentioned that the new album is already recorded and that they are looking for a label or distributor or something. But then, this wouldnt be the first time they promise to release new material...
Judicator have announced that the new album, The Last Emperor will be released this year. Considering that their last album is one of my top albums of last year, I'm fairly hyped for this one.
Lascaille's Shroud, as Adam already mentioned, is out this year. Pretty excited for that one as well.
The new Chthe'ilist album, Le Dernier Crépuscule is already out and is a strong contender for a spot on the Top 2016 releases.
Avantasia's Ghostlights has gotten a few spins already, pretty solid stuff much like their last release before it.

And finally (for now at least), Gorillaz are supposed to release a new album this year. This is possibly the album that I am most excited for this year.

Þessi undirskrift kemur málinu bara alls ekkert við!
martindavey87 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Error & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martindavey87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

This one, which will be released tomorrow, is definitely recommendable:

Bayley's current bassist who recorded on this album is one of my best mates. Use to play in a band with him back in 2009 and we've been friends ever since.

I hate him now though (professional jealously) coz he tours all over the world with Bayley and his backing band Absolva. 
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Error & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martindavey87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 10:19am
As for my contribution to this thread... there's plenty of bands I love that have or will release an album this year.

But there's only one that I'm genuinely pumped for, more than any other...

Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 10:55am
New Oranssi Pazuzu!

Quite Swans-y. I like.

Edited by Polymorphia - 03 Mar 2016 at 10:56am
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Wyvern_13 Wyvern_13 wrote:

There's quite a few planned/rumoured releases this year that got me excited.

Testament I believe are going to release a new one this year.
There's the possibility of a new Solution .45 as well, they mentioned in an interview that they had material for two albums for last years Nightmares In The Waking State - Part 1 but didnt want to release a double album so they were holding on to the rest of the material. Its just hints but I really hope it means we get a new one later this year.
Winterhorde have mentioned that the new album is already recorded and that they are looking for a label or distributor or something. But then, this wouldnt be the first time they promise to release new material...
Judicator have announced that the new album, The Last Emperor will be released this year. Considering that their last album is one of my top albums of last year, I'm fairly hyped for this one.
Lascaille's Shroud, as Adam already mentioned, is out this year. Pretty excited for that one as well.
The new Chthe'ilist album, Le Dernier Crépuscule is already out and is a strong contender for a spot on the Top 2016 releases.
Avantasia's Ghostlights has gotten a few spins already, pretty solid stuff much like their last release before it.

And finally (for now at least), Gorillaz are supposed to release a new album this year. This is possibly the album that I am most excited for this year.

A new Testament album would be very welcome, the last 2 in particular have been excellent!
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 8:09am
Leif Edling is one of the most consistent and generally awesome musicians in metal, with a big number of awesome releases with Candlemass, Krux and Avatarium. Now, there's a new project coming along, called Doomsday Kingdom and I am very excited about it because it features one of my favourite vocalists right now from one of my favourite bands, Niklas Stalvind from Wolf. 

Can't wait!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 1:08pm
^ I'll definitely be checking that one out.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Vic Vic wrote:

Leif Edling is one of the most consistent and generally awesome musicians in metal, with a big number of awesome releases with Candlemass, Krux and Avatarium. Now, there's a new project coming along, called Doomsday Kingdom and I am very excited about it because it features one of my favourite vocalists right now from one of my favourite bands, Niklas Stalvind from Wolf. 

Can't wait!

I'll check them out, too. Big smile
Wyvern_13 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyvern_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 5:48pm
Speaking of Leif Edling, arent Candlemass scheduled for a new release?
After hearing their cover of Entombed's To Ride, Shoot Straight And Speak The Truth I'm quite excited to hear more from their current vocalist.
Þessi undirskrift kemur málinu bara alls ekkert við!
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 7:37pm
Finally got my Beyond The Black - Lost In Forever cd in the post. It had to be shipped from overseas so I waited a couple of weeks for it.

Excellent album, even better than their debut album from last year, imo. 

I was a bit worried about it, since the musicians are different on this album. On the debut it was just hired guns, with Sascha Paeth, the producer, on lead guitar (he produces Kamelot and a couple other bands as well).

Now, there is a real, permanent band behind Jennifer Habin. And they sound pretty good on this new album. The songs are even better, not sure if that has to do with the band members or not.

Definitely check it out if you like Evanescence, Delain, and similar bands.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 11:11am
another disappointment for me came from Witchcraft; I found their new album Nucleus uninteresting, even dull.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 4:44pm
^ Some of the shorter songs were pretty good but the 2 longer ones, particularly Breakdown dragged and went nowhere.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 1:39pm
Out next Friday 25th March....

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 2:29pm
^ Hyped for that one.

This one as well. Been waiting since 2010 for these guys to release a new album.

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 6:58am
The Jelly Jam will release their 4th album, entitled Profit, in May. For those who don't know, Jelly Jam is Ty Tabor (King's X), John Myung (DT) and Rod Morgenstein (Dixie Dregs, Winger).
Glad to see they're back. Sure, their music is not very different from King's X, but it's very enjoyable (at least for me).
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Error & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martindavey87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 4:53pm
Woohoo! 

As far as I'm concerned, 2016 for metal can be summed up by this:

Edited by martindavey87 - 26 Mar 2016 at 4:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 38>
  Share Topic