MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Upcoming Albums Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 8:19am
Originally posted by LittleBig LittleBig wrote:

Late February, Headspace will release their second album - All that You Fear Is Gone.

Sweet!

Their album I Am Anonymous was my album of the year for 2012.

Sor far, for me, albums to look forward to:

Dream Theater
Serenity
Steven Wilson
Beyond The Black
Myrath
Headspace
Circus Maximus
Anciients
Megadeth

2016 already looks to be a promising year Smile
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 12:03pm
I would love to see a new diamond plate album. They are great
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 3:38pm
New from Myrath:

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 12:30pm
The new Myrath song is pretty good. Looking forward to that one. It's been way too long since Tales of the Sands.
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 5:29pm
Quite looking forward to this one:

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/oranssi-pazuzu/varahtelija
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 5:12am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Hyped for this one:

Indeed!
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 7:29am
So far the only 2016 releases I have are:

Serenity - Codex Atlanticus
Dream Theater - The Astonishing

I like the Serenity, the new guitar player does fine. The songwriting, for the most part, is fine. I do think that the symphonic/orchestra parts are taking over Serenity's sound too much though. They need to go back to that really huge, guitar-centric sound/production that Fallen Sanctuary & Death and Legacy both had. I'd give it a solid 3 stars, definitely worth picking up if you are a fan of Serenity, but it's not as good as their first 3 albums. Maybe better than their last album War of Ages, though.

The new Dream Theater…….excellent playing (as usual), really great production, you can even hear John Myung very clearly. Less metal/heavy rock, and much much more a progressive sound. I don't want to say it's a '70s prog rock sound, but it does have a bit of '70s prog feel to it, even if the music sounds more modern.

That said, I think it's an album I won't listen to much. It's just not keeping my interest for the most part. Disc 1 has 20 tracks, but many of them are interludes/segues into the next track, and not much 'song' going on. Even the few longer songs on disc 1 sometimes seem as they are cut off abruptly and on to the next track. Disc 1 is therefore more like 1 long song, split into 20 parts. Disc 2 is more song oriented, a few interludes, but mainly songs on the 14 tracks. Disc 2 keeps my interest a bit longer. I would bet that live, played front-to-back, complete with visuals, The Astonishing will be great in concert. As a complete album though, I'd give it 3.5 stars. Again, an album every Dream Theater fan should own. Casual DT listeners should maybe skip it though.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 8:55am
^ Don't think I'm going to buy this new Dream Theater album, bits I've heard just don't impress me and I've bought every one of them on release since the first album. There's just so many better bands out there doing prog metal and I rarely listen to DT albums these days much after the initial honeymoon period.
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 4:16pm
The Astonishing is more like the Letdown of the Year for me.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 10:39am
New Anvil album is out later this month, love the album cover. It screams the art of Surrealist Rene Magritte:

If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 4:15am
I got the new Myrath this past Friday, and it's excellent. It's not as guitar-heavy as 'Desert Call', it's much more in the vein of 'Tales Of The Sands', with more keyboards and middle-eastern symphonic elements. I think the songs are better on this new album 'Legacy' than they were on 'Tales Of The Sands'. Legacy has gotten several listens from me already, and I loved it from the outset Smile
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 4:18am
Originally posted by 666sharon666 666sharon666 wrote:

The Astonishing is more like the Letdown of the Year for me.

I agree
Thought there's something wrong with me as everyone praises this album and I don't  LOL
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 12:36pm
Here's one coming in late April that I know me and Adam will be excited for:

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 12:42pm
^ Horrible cover though. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 5:39am
what have I just read! New album from Long Distance Calling coming soon. Great band, I'm looking forward to this!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 4:20pm
^^^ I'm a big Haken fan too - looking forward to that.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 12:08pm
Can't wait for the new 3rd Machine album, knowing that Mark Jansen is going to be on it makes me even more excited:

If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 1:58pm
The new Agoraphobic Nosebleed EP "Arc" is pretty damn great. They play doom/sludge on this one instead of grindcore:

AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED - Arc cover
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

The new Agoraphobic Nosebleed EP "Arc" is pretty damn great. They play doom/sludge on this one instead of grindcore:

Yes, it was a bit of a surprise, but it sounds like they know what they're doing, and not just messing around.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Yes, it was a bit of a surprise, but it sounds like they know what they're doing, and not just messing around.
Absolutely Clap. It´s not the first time they´ve experimented with doom/sludge metal though. Just never on a full release before (as far as I know).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
  Share Topic